Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: Death Stranding: A Hideo Kojima Game  (Read 17809 times)

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
Re: Death Stranding: A Hideo Kojima Game
« Reply #120 on: November 07, 2019, 10:15:20 am »

eheh the comments are hilarious, "delivery royale" being the best so far

still I think it's unfair to trash it for the gameplay as seen, it might not be the most entertaining to see but I don't think it'd be that bad to play

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 07, 2019, 11:23:15 am »

i'm really not sure what to think of any of this. is any of this supposed to make sense? ah, well.

I don't recall where but someone online said they couldn't wait to read all of the reviews that will be dancing around "I didn't like it" with "I'm sure it's good but I didn't understand it."

lastverb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 08, 2019, 09:26:19 am »

I don't recall where but someone online said they couldn't wait to read all of the reviews that will be dancing around "I didn't like it" with "I'm sure it's good but I didn't understand it."

I did similar prediction long ago - this game will get glorious reviews and after a week no one is going to be playing it.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 10, 2019, 03:08:15 am »

still I think it's unfair to trash it for the gameplay as seen, it might not be the most entertaining to see but I don't think it'd be that bad to play
I dunno, my buddies who are big Kojima fans have played it, and they all seem pretty disappointed. Apparently it gets very repetitive very quickly, is completely full of product placement and has a lot of fourth grade tier writing and dialogue.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 10, 2019, 12:44:47 pm »

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 11, 2019, 01:04:32 am »

Have not played it yet, but planning on getting it for PC later. Been watching a full playthrough on twitch. It's 100% Kojima and 100% glorious. I get why people wouldn't like parts of it, it definitely is a departure from what you might be used to if you've only played a few Metal Gear games, but for the sorts of people who like European simulators and Kojima's particular style of weird ass story, it's a perfect combo for me. I love watching it, and I'll love playing it even more. It's not perfect. It's janky in sections, and while it works very well here, I question his insistence on forcing multiplayer into his games where it's repeatedly flopped before... but thus far nothing is a deal breaker and nothing really detracts from the enjoyment. Just minor criticisms.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 11, 2019, 10:46:45 am »

Gotta say, for how the basic gameplay itself is, well, basic and mundane, I really love how much thought has been put into certain systems. The multiplayer aspect of it is brilliantly done and is one of the best examples of a gameplay design decision working in concert with the story and themes of a game.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 11, 2019, 11:18:03 am »

The social commentary on social media is weird though. Yeah we're in this post apocalypse where most of humanity is gone and there's evil parallel dimension slime.....but we still give likes.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 12, 2019, 09:30:59 am »

Have not played it yet, but planning on getting it for PC later. Been watching a full playthrough on twitch. It's 100% Kojima and 100% glorious. I get why people wouldn't like parts of it, it definitely is a departure from what you might be used to if you've only played a few Metal Gear games, but for the sorts of people who like European simulators and Kojima's particular style of weird ass story, it's a perfect combo for me. I love watching it, and I'll love playing it even more. It's not perfect. It's janky in sections, and while it works very well here, I question his insistence on forcing multiplayer into his games where it's repeatedly flopped before... but thus far nothing is a deal breaker and nothing really detracts from the enjoyment. Just minor criticisms.

That sounds exactly like what you get when you let an artist do their thing with no oversight. It's probably janky from lack of editing, but also pure, uncut weirdness.

is completely full of product placement

Is the product placement part of a point he's trying to make, or is it purely money-making? I wouldn't mind it if he put in the effort for it to make sense in-game.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 12, 2019, 09:54:40 am »

Is the product placement part of a point he's trying to make, or is it purely money-making? I wouldn't mind it if he put in the effort for it to make sense in-game.

There is no point.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 12, 2019, 09:58:40 am »

I think the whole point of the game is a giant flexing fuck you to Konami. Think about it, it has a shitton of famous people cameos (look at how much better I'm doing without you now) and a shitton of product placement (look at all this money you could've made with me).
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 12, 2019, 10:52:19 am »

And a game that executives were like "What? No one wants to play something like that."
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]