Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: Death Stranding: A Hideo Kojima Game  (Read 17914 times)

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
Re: Death Stranding: A Hideo Kojima Game
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2016, 03:15:24 am »

so, has Kojima become this decade Romero?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2016, 03:48:22 am »

D Aika  T ANa
|  |      |  | |
DeAth sTrANding

daikatana 2: electric boogaloo confirmed

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2016, 08:24:03 am »

Also, let's bet on what kinda story and game it's gonna be.

Space whales come to Earth to retaliate against us for all of our oil spills, the most recent of which killed off the last of their brethren. Play as humanity's last hope, Daryl Dixon, and attempt to tip this one-sided war in our favor. To bring in more female gamers, Dixon is nude throughout the entire game.

That's not for the women, that's just for Kojima. Dude loves his man butts.
At least he's pretty honest about being a huge perv.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2016, 09:55:34 am »

At least he's pretty honest about being a huge perv.

It's not quite Hideo without manbutts and mentally damaged women with their tits out. And mostly strange convoluted plots. And self-cameo easter eggs. All of which I expect, nay, hope to see with his own independent game.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2016, 10:10:31 am »

Junji Ito could def turn kojima's stuff into things that are actualy disturbing instead of dank memes. Excite.

Intro offers almost nothing tho. Could totally be a huge LOL SYMBOLISM ride thing, or a Lost analogy with MGS and Silent Hill elements grafted to it. I hope not, and the only reason I actualy imagined this was the way kojima talked about the title, which kinda went like this "o u kno, death stranding, people getting stranded in death, things"
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2016, 10:20:17 am »

I think the nice thing about developers like Kojima is the game is crafted from his own vision, even if that vision is silly or flawed or whatever. Put that into contrast with, say, most Ubisoft games where it's clear the scenario is a big collaboration between a bunch of people and usually end up extremely bland and uninteresting.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2016, 10:28:28 am »

I don't believe that the trailer is purely symbolic resemblance like PT was to Silent Hills. What exactly Death Stranding is going to be about is completely unknowable at this point, but then, that's probably how Kojima likes it.

What we know:

- More Moby Dick symbolism, what with the sealife.
- Kojima got the idea from a book that mentions the first inventions of humanity being the stick and the rope, the former to strike out and the latter to connect things.
- The central theme of the game might be about connections.
- Norman Reedus has an amazing ass.
- Maybe about transhumanism? Certainly a common topic these days, and that artificial umbilical is some cool shit.
- Someone pointed out that Beach Reedus is kind of like a fusion of maternal and paternal roles into a single person.
- The negative space spells out "“Eat Standing" in the same way as Phantom Pain had "Metal Gear Solid".
- "Stranding" is a word that can refer both to the formation of strands (thin connections) or the habit of sea life to throw themselves on the shore and die, particularly whales.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2016, 10:35:11 am »

You could tell that Kojima is really into cinematic/movie stuff.  Well, it has also been stated before.

Whatever comes out, reckon I'll buy it dayweek 1.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 10:07:11 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2016, 10:09:56 pm »

Ohh. Also what. but ohh.
Babies. Tethers. Death. Sea creatures. Skeleton soldiers.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2016, 10:12:56 pm »

I'm experiencing zombie tank

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2016, 10:13:25 pm »

Skeleton soldiers from WWII, being stranded(?) by a modern one.
No Gods, No Masters.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2016, 10:16:45 pm »

Here's hoping that in the final game you actually get to order around WWII skeleton soldiers via attached umbilical cords.
Also it looked kinda like the guy was made a little more dead by being tethered to the soldiers, which wore off when a mutilated baby doll touched him, so there's some good opportunity for game mechanics there. :P

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2016, 12:01:35 am »

The first thing I thought when I saw that tank was 40k, and possessed Chaos tanks.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2016, 02:09:50 am »

Norman Reedus and his spooky scary skeletons
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9