Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 69

Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of The Wild: SEQUEL ANNOUNCED  (Read 97890 times)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of The Wild
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2016, 01:48:58 am »

It's been confirmed that if you feel like playing that way it is possible to go full speedrun and skip most of the story.

When asked, Aonuma confirmed that a player could go directly to the final boss of the game from its opening moments if they wanted. However, he also stressed that he didn't view this as an ideal way to play.

"Anybody who can go straight to the goal without doing anything else — there's two possibilities," Aonuma said. "Either they're a really good gamer, or they could be somebody that's a little bit crazy. But it's not impossible. I created the game like that.
It's FEF, not FEOF

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2016, 01:50:57 am »

oh deAR GOD I WANT IT GIVE IT
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2016, 04:11:42 am »

As a PC Gamer, I want this. I want a Wii U.
also what is an nx
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2016, 04:24:35 am »

nintendo's next console
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2016, 04:26:50 am »

Damn should I get that or a wiiu?
Maybe I could actually afford a used wiiu? But then the graphics would not be as shiny as it is possible for them to be. And this game is shiny.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2016, 08:00:04 am »

You all have good points (also this looks like someone at nintendo took a look at the wii u and said 'Its not our best thing, so lets put the experimental zelda on it'), but you're missing something from the image in the OP: The Master Sword has rust on it. All the damages on it look...kinda like I'd expected tbh, considering its been banged on every visible surface in hyrule & termina (and skyloft), but since when is it not all sword-colored all the time?

Edit: That is a BS reason for making Link right-handed, aonuma. Just leave him left-handed already!
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 08:16:09 am by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2016, 11:49:11 am »

Bet you anything there'll be a way to restore its full power and it will be goddamn wonderful. I hope it gives some sort of callback to the previous Zeldas-Namely wind waker.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2016, 11:56:10 am »

"Not only is it full open world, but it looks like the gameplay is taking some inspiration from Souls and Skyrim and other such RPGs."

Well crap, there goes my entertainment budget whenever the NX is released.  Sorry not sorry will be too busy playing Zeldarym.

ETA: Read the full list of details.  Wow.  A bunch of that is 'features' of open world RPGs I don't like because they're so often detrimental to fun, but I trust Nintendo to be laser focused on making a great experience for players so I'm not worried.  ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN.

Between the Sun/Moon, Go and this Nintendo is going to be the recipient of the vast majority of my entertainment budget for the foreseeable future.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 11:59:16 am by Ghills »
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2016, 11:59:14 am »

Just the concept of a fully open-world Souls-like skyrimish Zelda fills me with such glee. I wonder if the armor will work like kind of Soulish/Skyrimish, where there's a lot of different sets? And you'd perhaps be able to find the 'original' set?

Speculation, speculation, it leads to misguided hype~
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2016, 12:00:54 pm »

Just the concept of a fully open-world Souls-like skyrimish Zelda fills me with such glee. I wonder if the armor will work like kind of Soulish/Skyrimish, where there's a lot of different sets? And you'd perhaps be able to find the 'original' set?

Speculation, speculation, it leads to misguided hype~

IDK, we have a lot of experience with what Nintendo makes, I think this hype is perfectly guided. 
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2016, 12:01:05 pm »

I'm ok with the zelda series taking a new direction in this title, and its not like Nintendo is going to abandon the old zelda formula by any means, since it worked so well already, they prob just want to try this open world thing. Regardless, it looks pretty great so far, the only thing that I don't actualy like about it is... The voice acting. I don't know, voice acting kinda breaks the zelda feel stablished with the N64 games and so on.
There's also a clear lack of "DAN DANN DAAAAAAN" sound when you pick up new stuff (so far I've seen at least, I haven't watched the full thing yet", which also makes me sad.

I have no idea what timeline this link belongs to, though. Could be either. It could be post wind waker hyrule for all I know. Also, the master sword depicted in the trailer seems worryingly rusted and damaged, which isn't something that should actualy be possible since, well, its THE master sword.

Also, for some reason, the game has a very slight monster hunter feel to it, and I have no idea why I'm thinking about this. Maybe its the monster part loot thing and the cooking.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2016, 12:01:59 pm »

I have no idea what timeline this link belongs to, though. Could be either.
There are three.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2016, 12:03:54 pm »

First of all, it's "DAN DAN DANN DAAAAAAN", you heathen.
Second of all, H Y P E THIS GAME LOOKS AMAZING
Black lives matter.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2016, 12:07:33 pm »

I really like the fact that the master sword's rusted. It's kind of symbolic, I guess? That the hero and hyrule itself have both been gone for a long, long time-So long that even the master sword has fallen from grace.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2016, 12:10:02 pm »

I do wonder what exactly the cause of that is. The sword is either super enchanted or super enchanted and made of magic metal, so it seems unlikely it would be able to rust like any other sword. Either it totally can rust after long enough, or its powers are gone like Wind Waker or something. I'm really excited to learn how.

Also, armors besides slight clothing changes
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 69