Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 69

Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of The Wild: SEQUEL ANNOUNCED  (Read 97897 times)

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of The Wild
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2016, 12:11:56 pm »

I mean, I'm gonna play it. There's not a single 3D Zelda I haven't played due to Wind Waker being my actual favorite game ever made. Is it just me, or does it seem a bit darker? Like, not visually, but theme-wise. And not the same way that Twilight Princess was, where they just painted things new colors and gothed it up a bit-I mean it feels a lot more mature than your standard Zelda.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2016, 12:13:31 pm »

I read a game mag review about it and they kind of felt the same way, mostly because of the "killing animals for food" thing.
Black lives matter.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2016, 12:16:54 pm »

They softened the colours a bit from the windwaker/skyward sword look, yea, which is good since it adds more atmosphere, and atmosphere is always an important thing with open world games, since you'll be doing lots of exploration.

Anyway, I'm 100% sure there's going to be some sort of questline to restore the master sword, since thats a thing nintendo already played with in skyward sword (altough technically you weren't restoring it, but actualy creating it, then) and doing a quest before getting the master sword is a staple of zelda games.

And this seems to be the first zelda games in which there are enemies which are initially uninterested in you until you attack them, like those moblin things link attacked in one of the videos, which were kinda just chillin' and cooking stuff in their camp.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2016, 12:19:56 pm »

Did anyone else notice the crouching ability in that one scene? I'm hope that's mapped to a button and not to grass, or something.
Black lives matter.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2016, 12:21:08 pm »

Wonder what our friendly helper will be this time. An annoying fairy? An even more annoying sword-demon-thing? A fairly endearing imp-being with strange taste in headwear? A KICK-ASS BOAT-KING?
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2016, 12:23:12 pm »

I do wonder what exactly the cause of that is. The sword is either super enchanted or super enchanted and made of magic metal, so it seems unlikely it would be able to rust like any other sword. Either it totally can rust after long enough, or its powers are gone like Wind Waker or something. I'm really excited to learn how.

Quote from: Quote from Zeldawiki
The Master Sword, also known as The Blade of Evil's Bane, is a recurring legendary sword in the Zelda series. Originally crafted by the goddess Hylia as the Goddess Sword, it was later forged into the Master Sword by the goddess's chosen hero and its spirit Fi, who bathed it in the three Sacred Flames located across the land that would become the Kingdom of Hyrule. Din's Flame in particular, imbued the sword with the power to repel evil, a power apparently augmented after the sword received the blessing of Zelda, which transformed the blade into the True Master Sword. It is usually the only sword that can defeat Ganon in the games it appears in.

True to its name, the sword is often seen to choose or accept its master by its own will, always a hero who has gone through great trials that test his courage, wisdom and power to prove him worthy of wielding it. This may be the conscious choice of the sword's spirit, Fi, who sleeps eternally within the sword and only assists her heroic master.

Its both, plus latent-Fi. So if its rusted, then who knows how much power its lost. Might even have to go find ye olde bothersome sword spirit.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2016, 12:23:52 pm »

Wonder what our friendly helper will be this time. An annoying fairy? An even more annoying sword-demon-thing? A fairly endearing imp-being with strange taste in headwear? A KICK-ASS BOAT-KING?

Prob nobody :v

Now that would be a thing of wonder.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2016, 12:24:24 pm »

If you have the Wolf Link amiibo and TPHD, he becomes your companion, with however many hearts you cleared the Cave of Shadows with. There's a video around.
Black lives matter.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2016, 12:25:37 pm »

Prob nobody :v

Now that would be a thing of wonder.
I'm not gonna lie if our 'tutorial' was some sort of inner monologue from Link I'd probably never need another Zelda
If you have the Wolf Link amiibo and TPHD, he becomes your companion, with however many hearts you cleared the Cave of Shadows with. There's a video around.
CUUUTE! :D
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2016, 12:26:33 pm »

Did TPHD add a new bonus dungeon? I don't remember any shadow caves in my gamecube-game-with-midna-in-it.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2016, 12:28:14 pm »

Anyway, I'd be happy if nintendo would actualy come up with a slight hint or explanation as to what the hell happened with navi, since she's been MIA ever since the end of OOT, and its been partialy confirmed hero of time link never actualy found her, and just ended up dying as a famous soldier thing in post OOT hylian wars.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2016, 12:29:35 pm »

Well majora's mask happened, and navi was not in termina. Thats as much as I know about navi's location.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2016, 12:29:50 pm »

As for comparisons to other games, I'd say it's easiest to describe it as a cross between Metal Gear Solid 5 and Shadow of the Colossus, with hints of MGS 3 in there.

Shadow of Zelda: Phantom Eater
Nothing important here, move along.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2016, 12:31:04 pm »

Shadow of Zelda: Phantom Eater
That name also works as a title for an evil version of Phantom Hourglass Zelda. :P
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2016, 12:31:37 pm »

...It'd be HILARIOUS if this was basically Nintendo's Dark Souls in which you learn a LOAD of the lore, and how things tie together throughout all the games. That would be beautiful.

'Fairy's Dust' [Insert Lorewalloftext.txt here]

Well majora's mask happened, and navi was not in termina. Thats as much as I know about navi's location.
majora's mask was a trippy thing. See, it's the reason the triforce of courage was lost: Link left Hyrule-Possibly even its dimension or timeline-And thus it shattered. And he wasn't there, to be the hero of time, when Ganon rolled back up and fucked the world again. Then the gods went 'fuck this' and flooded it.

Lore!
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 69