Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 69

Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of The Wild: SEQUEL ANNOUNCED  (Read 97677 times)

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of The Wild
« Reply #930 on: May 26, 2017, 02:03:07 pm »

Never noticed either of those. Well, alrighty then. Guess I'll find out.

Also, speaking of not-really-noticeable things, don't you love how you can find 70-some shrines, 50-some Koroks, and yet it's still harder than all of those combined to find a giant tree (Deku tree next to MS)?
Seriously! Ultimate case of "can't see the tree for the forest".
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: May 26, 2017, 02:34:57 pm »

Spoiler: second Kakariko shrine (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Great Deku Tree (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Master Sword (click to show/hide)

All legitimate spoilers, although the Master Sword one is less spoilery and actually kind of convenient depending on your progress through the game. (I do wish I'd figured it out myself... Darn you, Reddit.)

Have fun! :D
Black lives matter.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: May 26, 2017, 02:39:36 pm »

I've already done everything but the Kakariko thing.

I was referring to how hard I found it to get through the woods the first time. I kept getting lost. Before realizing that holding a torch would allow you to use the sparks like a compass.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: May 26, 2017, 02:50:55 pm »

Oh, ha. My bad. :P

Wait, what do you mean by that? I didn't know torch sparks had any sense of direction.
Black lives matter.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: May 26, 2017, 02:52:57 pm »

Well, there are the preexisting torch things, right? The sparks of each of those blows towards the next torch...but there's an end to the torches. Carrying your own torch, however, has a trail of sparks that points towards where you should go to follow the "path". Or, at least, it worked for me, unlike every other method I tried.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: May 26, 2017, 02:58:45 pm »

I climbed some of the trees and tried to guess which way to go based on that.  Must have just gotten lucky, because I did get the feeling that at some point the clues just ran out and you had to guess which way to go.

Amusingly, my first experience with the Lost Woods was accidentally paragliding into it from the nearby tower, which immediately triggered the getting lost mechanic and reset me to the tower.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: May 26, 2017, 03:00:18 pm »

Yeah. My younger brother did the same thing.

I just glided down to the entrance and went in. Problem is, my younger brother just won't stop talking once he starts, which makes it somewhat hard to avoid certain spoilers.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: May 26, 2017, 03:00:53 pm »

Wow, seriously? Thinking about it, that's either the doing of cleverly placed wind or deliberate action by the devs... I'm still impressed.
Black lives matter.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: May 26, 2017, 03:02:16 pm »

I wish I knew about those tricks.  I did it in a bit more lame way.  I moved rather slowly, when I saw the fog start gathering in the corners, I immediately dashed backwards and went another way until I finally got to the center.  Taking advantage of the long lost animation to get back on the path before it triggers the teleport.  Still took me 5 tries, you gotta be quick the moment you see that fog start, after a certain point it doesn't matter where you are it's gunna teleport ya anyway.

I assume it's a 2 part animation, a very short warning one, then if yer still off the path after 1 second of that one it does the second full teleport that actually relocates ya.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 03:06:14 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: May 26, 2017, 03:02:39 pm »

Yeah. I'm even sure it works, since following the torch embers meant I didn't even have to dodge the crazy collapsing-fog lunacy once. As in, I was never in the "danger zone".

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #940 on: May 26, 2017, 04:09:48 pm »

Yep. Torch particles are the way to go. They shift in the direction you're supposed to walk. Its a super subtle effect at first so I wasn't sure if I was just seeing things or it was shifting towards safe areas

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: May 26, 2017, 11:07:29 pm »

Also: the Lynels in Hyrule Castle are, IIRC, always more difficult types. Practice on Red-Maned Lynels first to get their patterns down.

Ancient arrow to the face is a one shot kill (well, removal actually) for Lynels. They dont give drops when you do that but if you dont want to screw around with them, just blast them in the face with one, and ZOOP-- gone.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: May 27, 2017, 08:55:42 am »

I accidentally did that once...burned one of my expensive Ancient Arrows to a Lynel that I wanted gone. When I realized I had burned an ancient arrow for no drops, I savescummed.
Is it savescumming in LoZ? I think it is, since they work really hard to prevent certain types of somewhat-advantageous saving.

Anyway, my favorite tactic: Take the Great Eagle Bow to Hyrule Castle, and zap the guardians with ancient arrows. The three-round-burst effect means that it's always a one-shot kill (At point blank, anyway. The spread might mess you up at longer ranges). Or you can use a "Savage Lynel Bow" from a white-mained Lynel. Those things are nasty---five round burst AND a solid damage rating. Just pack bomb arrows and shoot them with one of the multi-shot bows. Anything bothering you? Blow them all to who-knows-where.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: May 28, 2017, 11:56:29 am »

I watched a speedrun of someone deleting the lynels in Hyrule castle with ancient arrows and assumed it was a glitch.  Kind of strange that they work that way, but I wish I'd have known.

Well, I was out of ancient arrows at that point anyway.  I wasted the few I got for free shooting decayed guardian stalkers and the sentries around the divine beast on Death Mountain, and I didn't want to spend rare ancient resources to get more.  After finishing the game I realized that the parts needed to get the arrows were actually pretty easy to farm once you were able to beat decayed guardian stalkers, so I probably should have bought some before heading off to the end.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: May 28, 2017, 12:06:29 pm »

Uhhhhhh

Those flying sentries on Death Mountain are oneshots with Timed Bomb +'s. As in, climb above them and toss bombs at them. Instant problem solver.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 69