Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 69

Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of The Wild: SEQUEL ANNOUNCED  (Read 96447 times)

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of The Wild
« Reply #885 on: April 09, 2017, 06:46:35 pm »

There weren't any Gorons in Wind Waker, but there was another Goron with your name (so Link by default) in Majora's Mask.
Yes, there is a few Gorons in Wind Waker.
But I was wrong about the name though.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: April 09, 2017, 06:52:45 pm »

I'm just surprised they haven't thrown in a 'goron armor' that lets you roll around instead of running.

Bonus points if it looks like a Varia Suit built out of rocks.
Nothing important here, move along.

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: April 19, 2017, 01:31:14 pm »

I feel like Plague of Gripes knows the true subplot in BotW, but can only express his wisdom with his own twist in the descriptions of his videos.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: April 20, 2017, 01:29:58 pm »

I am in awe.  That is the most brilliant writeup I have ever seen.  That needs to be made into the game's description on the e-shop page.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 01:31:31 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: April 20, 2017, 03:13:07 pm »

Yunobo is a Beefy Boy. Like Sidon but you want to cuddle him, not bone him.
Black lives matter.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: May 19, 2017, 12:04:03 pm »

Kind of late to the party here, but I'm getting close to beating the game and I've come to realize that I must have missed some important equipment somewhere.  I've faced major balance issues for everything past the first few hours of the game.  Pretty much every new area I explore was punctuated with the question of "Hey, I wonder what new thing I'll find there that can [nearly] one shot me?"

Not all of those literally one shot me, but most did.  If they didn't, they did 75%+ of my total health in damage in one hit.  Mipha's grace saved me sometimes, at least.

I don't bother fighting groups of enemies anymore.  Lizalfos and moblins do absurd amounts of damage, so if I run into more than one at a time, I usually just run away.  When I had 13 hearts I was killed in 2 bops from a moblin club or giant flaming arrows from moblin archers.  Lizalfos would usually get me in 2-3 hits too if they had weapons.  Bokoblins and wildlife at least seem to be okay, usually only dealing 3-4 hearts of damage.  I've got 16 hearts now, so that helps a tiny bit.

Of course, I could just get good and learn to dodge attacks when beset by multiple super fast lizard men or giant pig monsters, but I still feel like I'm not supposed to be dying so easily when I get hit.

Preeeetty sure I'm not supposed to be at the end of the game with just the hero's tunic upgraded one level, but even the ancient armor that I'm just now able to afford after reclaiming all of the divine beasts has comparable defense to it.  The only other armor I've seen was for protecting against the environment and had worse defense.

Do upgrades past the first level make that much of a difference?  I somehow managed to avoid stumbling across any other great fairy fountains, so I've been unable to upgrade anything past the first level.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: May 19, 2017, 12:12:08 pm »

Yea in my experience upgrading your armor does make a difference.   Especially the actual armor you can buy in that one town in the south east.  Getting armor numbers in the double digits quickly cuts the number of hearts you lose to attacks.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: May 19, 2017, 03:36:51 pm »

Seconding Greiger's notion. If you're not upgrading armor as much as possible, you're going to be getting OHKO'd often. Once I got into late game and had fully upgraded armor sets, I noticed myself taking a heck of a lot less damage from things that previously struck fear into my heart for their ability to kill me in one to two hits.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: May 19, 2017, 03:54:08 pm »

Also, regarding (Red-Maned) Lynels: Flurry Rush. Flurry Rush is your friend. If you get the timing down, a Lynel becomes an incredibly simple series of Flurry Rushes.

The other colors are a little harder because they don't all have the same basic combo, but you can still manage.
Black lives matter.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: May 19, 2017, 04:30:59 pm »

I'm going to have to go on another Hyrule wide scouting trip for great fairies then.  Not sure how I missed their fountains, but it sounds like that's the major source of my troubles.  I definitely need to do this before facing Ganon, since I'm sure he'll one shot me if a moblin can halfway do it.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: May 19, 2017, 09:02:42 pm »

Spoiler: Great Fairy Spoilers (click to show/hide)
Non-spoiler: as you upgrade armor more, the animation for the upgrade becomes noticeably more... risqué. Make of them what you will. :P
Black lives matter.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: May 19, 2017, 09:32:46 pm »

If you've upgraded your armor as much as possible and are still taking more damage than you'd like then you should start cooking up heart-extending food and damage resistance food. Even a small damage resistance boost can make a difference, and the resistance buff can be combined with heart and stamina extension buffs.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: May 19, 2017, 09:46:43 pm »

I'm going to have to go on another Hyrule wide scouting trip for great fairies then.  Not sure how I missed their fountains, but it sounds like that's the major source of my troubles.
Don't feel bad about missing them. Whether you find them early enough to keep you prepared for the enemies ahead is partially a matter of thoroughness, but also largely a matter of luck. The "first" fountain is super easy to find, and you're basically expected to find it provided you do the early story quests, but the others are pretty easy to miss. Some NPCs will give you hints on certain fountains, so be sure to talk to people you meet if you're not doing that already. Aside from that, just... go everywhere. Especially to places that seem difficult to reach.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: May 21, 2017, 06:10:57 am »

The fountains aren't particularly well-hidden, I found. Two of them are easily visible from the towers of their respective areas if you bother looking around the surrounding area, and the hardest one to find is still next to both a shrine and a side quest objective.
Nothing important here, move along.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: May 21, 2017, 06:13:10 am »

Spoiler: Great Fairy Spoilers (click to show/hide)
Non-spoiler: as you upgrade armor more, the animation for the upgrade becomes noticeably more... risqué. Make of them what you will. :P

The final one having a fairly unfortunate implication
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 69