Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [SG] Fear the Night!  (Read 1551 times)

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [SG] Fear the Night!
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2017, 10:16:59 pm »

Without the healer anyone we slash with our poisoned claws are sure to go mad eventually as well, a nice bonus.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2017, 10:36:20 pm »

I'd spook the mounts and see what opportunities the resulting chaos presents us. Ideally we do this without specificly alerting anybody at the camp to our presence. Let them be overtaken by the vauge fear of the unknown. 

If the animals run off into the woods, the elves might scatter to round them up, at which point we could nab one without the others imeaditially knowing.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2017, 09:22:13 am »

So it seems we kinda settled on what to try first - but there isn't any indication on the how. We would be attempting to remove a target from the middle of the enemy encampment, and I feel like I can't gloss over that part easily.
I realize the fault lies with me, as the options seem like stand-alone choices, but they aren't - at least not to that extent. Well, there also are some questions and inconsistencies, so I'll answer / address those first.

Could we also "create" a shadow ogre as a bodyguard as well so that we seem even more intimidating?
These people are probably chivalrous and couldn't attempt any risky maneuvers for this precious thing they call "life".
As mentioned in the first and second option, we can either cloak ourselves in an illusion, or spawn a separate one nearby. Both will dissipate once we get too close to the fire though.
Us taking a hostage, means that we are likely to convert it. Unless it is a loved one, or someone of great importance, they aren't unlikely to give up on an innocent, lest the later becomes a monster.

When they see us running away, (and they will, once we're far enough.) the trolls inside the cave will be able to strike.
The Pyre - and thus the Priestess, too, is in the middle of their camp. They will see us coming at them, long before we even get to run away - though then, they are bound to loose us in the dark.
The trolls inside the cave, are still boxed in by half of the host - if they haven't already fled towards the caverns, that is.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2017, 03:24:54 pm »

I say avoid the center of the camp with its large mass of illusion dispelling fire, sneak up on the outskirts, and poison shank some of the mounts. This will

A) Cause a ruckus that could unlock more opportunities for us
B) Perhaps lure the healers to the edge of camp to deal with the mounts, thus allowing us to get the jump on them with less difficulty.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2017, 03:52:53 pm »

The Pyre - and thus the Priestess, too, is in the middle of their camp. They will see us coming at them, long before we even get to run away - though then, they are bound to loose us in the dark.
The trolls inside the cave, are still boxed in by half of the host - if they haven't already fled towards the caverns, that is.
Darn.

I say avoid the center of the camp with its large mass of illusion dispelling fire, sneak up on the outskirts, and poison shank some of the mounts. This will

B) Perhaps lure the healers to the edge of camp to deal with the mounts, thus allowing us to get the jump on them with less difficulty.
+1 to this plan.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2017, 04:29:50 pm »

Is polygamy acceptable for the Trolls, let's say we successfully take the elf huntress and the human priestess. We could technically have multiple wives?

+1

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2017, 03:16:32 pm »

+1 to spooking mounts.
Max avatar size is 80x80
Pages: 1 [2]