Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]

Author Topic: Victoria 2 Thread  (Read 44266 times)

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
Re: Victoria 2 Thread
« Reply #165 on: February 06, 2020, 01:04:31 pm »

Not sure what Vicky's engine is like, but adding provinces is always a plus-- more land divisions usually result in more interesting/changing national borders.

Possibly modelling a resurgent HRE through events could be an interesting idea too.

It's been a long ass while since I've played, but the only other things I thing irked me back when I was doing my Japan and Sweden->Scandinavia runs was how undynamic RGOs were. There were randomizers or alternate start kind of things, but it would be interesting to add something more... dynamic?

Overfarming destroys crops, forests slowly disappear, mines deplete, etc. etc. you could also restore these resources at a cost.

I'm not really sure what else could be done without some serious scripting. Great War combat tends to be... strange (cue battles in random chokepoints involving millions of men)? Maybe you could also find a way to better represent the disparity between tactics and technology by the late game?
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #166 on: February 06, 2020, 05:19:01 pm »

I have but one request. Please do not fall into the trap of railroading the player like so many major Victoria 2 mods do (*cough* HPM). Also, giving the splinter states (CSA, Heavenly Kingdom, etc) actual armies instead of having them start with nothing may be a good idea.
TPG is bae nation. I have probably played them more than any other country in all of Vic2

nautilu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 07, 2020, 10:09:54 am »

I highly recommend playing as the Ottomans and giving access to all countries at war. It changes everything when Europes armies are fighting all of Asias armies and Africas armies without having to be transported first. Its the end wars are amazing.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]