Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Is v.0.4.10.0 too hot?  (Read 4912 times)

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
Is v.0.4.10.0 too hot?
« on: June 15, 2016, 09:31:52 pm »

In the last version, I could hack all day with a skilled character and stay under 10% heat. These days, I can only hack a few days in the month or my heat levels skyrocket. In addition, secrecy appears to be capped at 70% - before, the expensive apartments could go up to 95% with one resident and a flag!

Was this intended? It's definitely a lot harder. How do you guys deal with it?
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Is v.0.4.10.0 too hot?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2016, 12:41:01 am »

Hacking was viewed as too powerful. I think the nerfing of hacking went overboard, but I understand the sentiment. It's on my list of things to fix but I have a lot of things that are higher priority.

The gameplay solution in general is to have multiple safehouses. The following setup works very well (especially if you have a police sleeper):

1. The real safehouse, where none of your high-heat liberals spends any time. I usually like to keep my founder (if my founder has little heat, which xe usually doesn't if my strategy relies on thievery, secret missions, seduction, etc.) here.

2. My main heated safehouse, where my high-heat liberals spend most of their time. This place gets raided periodically and I use my sleeper to dodge the attacks.

3. My alternate heated safehouse, where my high-heat liberals hide while the police are raiding my #2 safehouse.

Usually my #1 is an upgradeable safehouse with a printing press, #2 is a cheap apartment, and #3 is the homeless shelter. If I'm really rolling in cash I can switch #s 1 and 2, since the cost of reinstalling the printing press no longer hurts so much. However, upgradeable safehouses with heat have to be defended against all comers except the cops, because you don't want to be caught unprepared by the CCS because they will take your safehouse entirely and not give it back.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2016, 10:21:08 am »

Pfft, hacking was perfectly balanced. Old women turning into gun-toting uber-commandos from DDoSing Conservapedia is totally realistic, right?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Taberone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2016, 01:36:20 pm »

In the last version, I could hack all day with a skilled character and stay under 10% heat. These days, I can only hack a few days in the month or my heat levels skyrocket. In addition, secrecy appears to be capped at 70% - before, the expensive apartments could go up to 95% with one resident and a flag!

A full squad of Combat Liberals with M4 Carbines/AR-15's might work. Try having someone with Persuasion recruit Army Veterans, as they usually have the Rifle skill. Exclusively use the M4 Carbine or AR-15 only. AR-15 is a less wasteful M16, as you typically only need one Rifle bullet to instakill or cripple someone. M4 Carbine is an even better M16, as it has an accuracy bonus. You'll need to build up the Bodyguard Squad's Rifle skills though by having them constantly shoot up the Crack House/Park/Etc, and you'll probably alienate the masses several times in the course of training your Liberals, mostly due to the fact that they'll keep accidentally shooting fellow Liberals. This will take some time and maybe a bit of luck.

Don't bother using the old "Shoot up the Police Station and cackle maniacally as your heat dies off until the Police Station reopens" tactic. You'll still get Heat after the Police Station shuts down, and you'll still get raided.

You can also try seducing a Cop and making him/her a sleeper at the police station so s/he can warn you of upcoming raids. You'll need multiple safehouses with flags for that, and your other Non-Hacking Liberals might suffer as they'll have less places to hide that don't already have heat.

If you don't mind cheating, savescumming also works.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 01:41:18 pm by Taberone »

Conradine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2016, 09:49:45 pm »

Where can I download version 4.10?

Taberone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2016, 11:37:43 pm »

Where can I download version 4.10?

https://github.com/Kamal-Sadek/Liberal-Crime-Squad

Here it is. The only version of LCS that actually gets updated nowadays. The only LCS versions that get updated are that one and Terra Vitae nowadays.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 11:53:17 pm by Taberone »

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2016, 11:40:57 pm »

Here it is. The only version of LCS that actually gets updated nowadays.

Um...

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=134632.195

Taberone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2016, 11:52:38 pm »

Um...

Oops. Forgot to mention that one, too.

Kamal-Sadek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2016, 11:09:57 pm »

Um...

Oops. Forgot to mention that one, too.

:( It's okay, SlatersQuest, I appreciate you...

Taberone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2016, 11:41:17 am »

In my defense, I was typing that really late at night.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2016, 11:26:04 pm »

By loving it!