Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Feedback please... is this guide good? Anything it explains badly?  (Read 4296 times)

Metaltooth

• Bay Watcher
  • Icon of Sin
    • View Profile
Re: Feedback please... is this guide good? Anything it explains badly?
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2016, 05:44:30 pm »

How will the human military work?
Do you have a real life equivalent that youll be using for military/command structuring

and will these new weapons be found natively in Adv Mode?
Military like dwarves... military commander and captains.

Weapons... no, muskets etc cant be found as adventurer. They exist only if you produce them playing as humans. Not even human traders would bring them. I know that lots of people dislike firearms in DF, thats why I designed it that way.

So the only way to get firearms in adventure mode is to start a human fort and mass manufacture them?
Thats a fair compromise, I say itd be too much to ask of me if you could make that a turn on/off option in the launch menu so we all could get what we wanted but heck I could settle for this

make us work for the good stuffs
o̗͕̘̯͈̺r̬e̶̻̗̲̹m͎̘̹͓̦̼̟͝o͕̮̦R͇̥̻̭͟ ̕ņ̗h̪̰̱o̢J͚̬̲ ̧͍̫̜̲͔̺é̤̩̫m̗͍̘̟͖͠ l͇̫̪͖͓̰͝l̕i̮k̻͈̺̱̗ ͙̱̠̥̳̱̘t҉̪s̢͈u͙͉̘̮͘m̳̜̞̳̞̝ ̴͖̠̖̤͕̱u̱̬͚̗͍͞o̢y̴ ̶͚̝̳͇̞e̢̠m̥̤̳̙̣̙̭͢a͚̳̞͉̭g ̛͙e̤̫͉̜͉͘h̗̘̱̤͚͘t̜̺͕ ̴͙͍͉̮̯ņ̘͉̼͓̲ͅi̜̻̰̫̘̠͕w̧̲̘ ̧͔̯o̱̳̘T̗͖

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2016, 05:46:21 pm »

the point is the ammo... civs only generate items in worldgen if they are enabled in the entity file. If I enable the ammo in the entity file, you can make 25 cannon balls from 1 metal bar in any forge. This is automatic and I cant change that.

But I want cannon balls to be expensive, with lots of metal bars for a few shots, and using saltpeter and brimstone. So it has to be a custom reaction.

And custom reactions are not used in worldgen, so in Adv Mode the civs you find will never have made cannons or cannon-balls.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Metaltooth

• Bay Watcher
  • Icon of Sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2016, 06:04:51 pm »

I dont see the steam engine anywhere on the human cheat sheet

Will it be an item or a workshop like construction?

Maybe also give an overview to the cannons and how theyre used in fort mode and any differences between them and the vanillia catapult/ballista if there are any
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 06:07:14 pm by Metaltooth »
o̗͕̘̯͈̺r̬e̶̻̗̲̹m͎̘̹͓̦̼̟͝o͕̮̦R͇̥̻̭͟ ̕ņ̗h̪̰̱o̢J͚̬̲ ̧͍̫̜̲͔̺é̤̩̫m̗͍̘̟͖͠ l͇̫̪͖͓̰͝l̕i̮k̻͈̺̱̗ ͙̱̠̥̳̱̘t҉̪s̢͈u͙͉̘̮͘m̳̜̞̳̞̝ ̴͖̠̖̤͕̱u̱̬͚̗͍͞o̢y̴ ̶͚̝̳͇̞e̢̠m̥̤̳̙̣̙̭͢a͚̳̞͉̭g ̛͙e̤̫͉̜͉͘h̗̘̱̤͚͘t̜̺͕ ̴͙͍͉̮̯ņ̘͉̼͓̲ͅi̜̻̰̫̘̠͕w̧̲̘ ̧͔̯o̱̳̘T̗͖

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2016, 06:11:07 pm »

Maybe also give an overview to the cannons and how theyre used in fort mode and any differences between them and the vanillia catapult/ballista if there are any
Steam Engine I can add to the quickquide no problem. Its a workshop.

Hand-Cannons = Crossbows. Just with more WHAM!

I also have exploding ammo, but I couldnt make new siege engines.

::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Metaltooth

• Bay Watcher
  • Icon of Sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2016, 06:16:25 pm »

Steam Engine I can add to the quickquide no problem. Its a workshop.

Hand-Cannons = Crossbows. Just with more WHAM!

I also have exploding ammo, but I couldnt make new siege engines.

Hand cannons high level firearms that are pretty much as the name implies, handheld death guns? that sounds quite lovely for an incoming goblin horde

the explosive ammo ballista is quite the nice touch

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2016, 06:16:54 pm »

Hope wildfire bombs in traps are also a nice touch.

Metaltooth

• Bay Watcher
  • Icon of Sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2016, 06:20:15 pm »

Hope wildfire bombs in traps are also a nice touch.

The new explosive traps sound PERFECT for human fort mode

with the whole dwarf underground thing having explosive traps would just cause more problems than it solves unless you wanted controlled destruction

for humans on the surface though, they can safely use that stuff in the open wilderness with no fear of caveins

is there some way to make these things create wild fires?

« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 06:23:20 pm by Metaltooth »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2016, 06:23:41 pm »

No magic atm.

Alchemist makes wildfire from saltpeter, brimstone, oil, lye and coke. It does burn and start fires if it explodes, like the traps or ammo. Doesnt cause cave-ins though.

Metaltooth

• Bay Watcher
  • Icon of Sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2016, 06:25:52 pm »

No magic atm.

Alchemist makes wildfire from saltpeter, brimstone, oil, lye and coke. It does burn and start fires if it explodes, like the traps or ammo. Doesnt cause cave-ins though.

This quick guide looks pretty comphrensive, it doesnt appear the humans have any unique military buildings?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 06:39:17 pm by Metaltooth »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2016, 06:45:12 pm »

Not currently, no.

Metaltooth

• Bay Watcher
  • Icon of Sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2016, 06:51:00 pm »

the guide does not explicity say what the chamber of diplomacy function is, can you give us a short idea as to what it does?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2016, 06:55:54 pm »

It does.

It summons diplomats.
Pages: 1 [2]