Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Update 1.06 - Test version for 43.03, lots of fixes and GUI options.  (Read 15507 times)

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
Re: Update 1.06 - Test version for 43.03, lots of fixes and GUI options.
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2016, 09:11:07 am »

Hello!
@Dirst Perhaps it's just that I can't find the workshop, but in MWDF2016 I can't find the tribute workshop when I'm playing Orcs or Succubi. Haven't checked yet with other races, and I definitely have all of the mod enabled in the GUI. In both modes I do actually get attacked by living stone, and find hidden gems, have pet rocks, and have the option to plant gem vines.

Where should I check to see what's wrong?
The Dwarves are the most in-tune with the earth so only they have access to the Tribute workshop (any race can learn the divine Secret of peace with living stone because gods are gods). Other races can trap Awakened Stones and train them... Just be aware that they don't breed.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

ninjajack2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2016, 11:23:00 am »

Uuum It could just be me but has anyone gotten a trojan from a the Dwarf Mockup utility? usually i would not have expected it but its been popping up on my Windows Defender for about 2 days now and i am starting to get worried since trying to remove it doesnt make it stop nor is it removed since I had three instances of it running at once and my pc is slowing down super hard :(

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2016, 11:32:55 am »

malwarebytes that shit pronto

dirkdragonslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder, Proficient Failure
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2016, 12:05:25 pm »

Reactions to make Bookshelves are missing in the newest version, and I would assume other reactions involving bookmaking.
Edit: It might just be Kobolds because maybe kobolds aren't expected to make books, but I have a large stockpile of books from poet and necromancer murder, and would like to make a library. I reposted here from the main version's page because this one seems to be more relevant, being the version I am using.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 12:09:14 pm by dirkdragonslayer »
"Games come and go, and we all get tired of some games after time, but Dwarf Fortress seems to grab me by the leg every couple months and drags me back with it's bloody, ASCII claw. I think this game has given me Stockholm syndrome, but I love it so, and it's simplistic style yet extremely complex mechanics are like fine art, like a beautifully crafted ☼Cave Spider Silk Sock☼" - Dirk 3/31/2014
TAIL SHOOOOES!

ninjajack2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2016, 01:04:12 pm »

Thanks Fairin, got my windows defender to do a complete sweep of my programs and eliminated all traces of the newest download, sadly I do not know if i can enjoy MDF now if that utility gives me viruses :(

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2016, 01:45:26 pm »

Thanks Fairin, got my windows defender to do a complete sweep of my programs and eliminated all traces of the newest download, sadly I do not know if i can enjoy MDF now if that utility gives me viruses :(
if it helps, I scanned a newly downloaded copy of the release and didn't find any virus so its more likely you were infected from a different vector and this wasn't the origin point.

ninjajack2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2016, 01:54:14 pm »

if it helps, I scanned a newly downloaded copy of the release and didn't find any virus so its more likely you were infected from a different vector and this wasn't the origin point.
I could check again but atm the details of the location of this are from dwarf mockup, which is a utility included in the testing download, though it isnt anywhere in the others, currently until i feel like its a risk i can afford i will not touch it :D
Further: It is not the entire mod pack that is giving me issues, only the utility folder itself, i ran the other one without issue and so shall skip the updated ones XD
Second Edit: It was when i downloaded this pack as currently my pc is acting just fine after removing the full pack.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 02:04:39 pm by ninjajack2 »

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2016, 02:03:24 pm »

Antivirus packages that use a "reputation" system will often flag new programs until enough users have hit the "I trust this program" button.  Hits PE's Starter Pack once in a while, and I wouldn't be surprised if the same thing was happening here.

But for stuff that you have never used before, checking the MD5 against the source is a good idea.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2016, 02:04:00 pm »

I understand the caution, I was just letting you know. I scanned both the 43.xx test version and the 42.xx release and neither contained anything I could detect.

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2016, 02:19:04 pm »

43.03, is this supposed to happen? It's the first encounter with anything related to TESB creature spawning for this fortress.
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2016, 02:45:17 pm »

43.03, is this supposed to happen? It's the first encounter with anything related to TESB creature spawning for this fortress.
That's hilarious, but it's also a bug.  I'll have to look into that.  I did notice that sometimes tame Awakened Stones would get in fights with tame Pet Rocks, but the fights were so short I couldn't see the Pet Rocks.  Thanks, now I have an idea where to look.

Edit: The 43.03 MW has the older version of TESB, but the fights occur in the newer TESB that comes with the 42.06 MW.  This is still a good lead to fixing that, though.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 02:47:15 pm by Dirst »
Just got back, updating:

Rekov

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2016, 06:58:47 pm »

I don't know exactly how Patreon works, but I think there is a "donate per release" option. Maybe you should consider that, Meph.
And charge people four times a month instead of once?
It depends. People can set their own monthly donation cap. I guess it doesn't really matter as long as the releases are consistently every week.

cerevox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2016, 10:24:25 pm »

The announcement utility is getting flagged as a trojan, but apparently this happens to it every now and then, something to do with the way it runs and unpacks itself to control directory structure? Dunno, but its a semi-common problem with that utility.

Xira

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2016, 12:00:46 am »

How's the progress coming?

Maltavius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2016, 09:18:14 am »

FYI: You'll save about 30MB per upload/download if you switch to 7-zip instead of RAR.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4