Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Update 1.06 - Test version for 43.03, lots of fixes and GUI options.  (Read 15289 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Update 1.06 - Test version for 43.03, lots of fixes and GUI options.
« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2016, 09:49:17 am »

FYI: You'll save about 30MB per upload/download if you switch to 7-zip instead of RAR.
I tried that once to save some bandwidth when distributing minecraft modpacks. The headache of dealing with the flood of "What is a .7z file?!" I got wasn't worth the savings to me. ymmv

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2016, 11:39:18 am »

FYI: You'll save about 30MB per upload/download if you switch to 7-zip instead of RAR.
I tried that once to save some bandwidth when distributing minecraft modpacks. The headache of dealing with the flood of "What is a .7z file?!" I got wasn't worth the savings to me. ymmv
Same. Mod was 7z before.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Maltavius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2016, 01:41:18 pm »

Same. Mod was 7z before.

That is what "Let me Google that for you" solves, http://lmgtfy.com/?q=What+is+a+.7z+file%3F!

Really, if people can't figure out what a file extension is, do you want their bug reports?

Xira

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2016, 03:32:53 pm »

Same. Mod was 7z before.

That is what "Let me Google that for you" solves, http://lmgtfy.com/?q=What+is+a+.7z+file%3F!

Really, if people can't figure out what a file extension is, do you want their bug reports?

I used to do mods for minecraft....and you're talking about a couple of dollars a year, at most. Not having my bug thread clogged with "I can't unzip this" is worth 2$ to me. Other people value calling people idiots more than they value not having to slog through idiot's posts.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2016, 03:49:09 pm »

It's hard to really describe how exhausting helping the ignorant is to someone who hasn't experienced it. As you said, it's worth paying slightly more to avoid it entirely and use something more commonly known.

Alluvian_Est-Endrati

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENGRAVERY:MISGUIDED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2016, 09:50:06 pm »

I suppose a self-extracting executable would solve a lot of those problems. Alas I suspect then you would have people paranoid about viruses, malware and other problems from the unpacker. Moral of the story? You can't please everyone all of the time.

Anyways looking forward to this mod's update with great interest. May have to go back and give the older ones a whirl so I know what I will be getting into.
"I’m going to keep bloody gambling! Bloody, bloody gambling and drinking! Where’s my bloody drink? Anyone want to gamble for it?”

Send in the Clowns: &.&

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2016, 11:27:23 pm »

i've discovered i adore the ability to create my own unit with the ease of the start hermit mode building, what do i need to copy to put this into dwarf mode (or kobold mode or whatnot)

figured it out .. yey ok, with spawnunit. its only creating friendly not fort members using df hack's modtools/spawnunit command. how do you do it meph? -civ_id \\LOCAL -group_id \\ LOCAL just errors in -civ_id

figured out through trial and error that it is not -civ_id or -civid, it is infact -civId with a captial I that i cant see cause i'm blind in rl, now for the new funness, the -name command doesnt want to work ><
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 12:51:56 am by Fairin »

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 23, 2016, 03:06:33 am »

It's hard to really describe how exhausting helping the ignorant is to someone who hasn't experienced it. As you said, it's worth paying slightly more to avoid it entirely and use something more commonly known.

You have not idea how much we pay to weed out stupid feedbacks. PHP had a config feature called y2k_compliant that did nothing, ever. This was added because admins kept calling Rasmus Lerdof to ask if their website would survive the oh-so-terrible y2k bug.

figured out through trial and error that it is not -civ_id or -civid, it is infact -civId with a captial I that i cant see cause i'm blind in rl, now for the new funness, the -name command doesnt want to work ><

Try using the -help command to get the right list of options, but we need a convention on param names.

ThePerfectLink

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 30, 2016, 03:25:03 am »

I'm getting a persistent crash around the third season, I believe it's when it's when the trade caravan arrives. Has happened with several worlds and for some reason I can't get past that point. I've tried with and without TWBT. I've checked the error log, but all I'm getting is some mythical beast not being geldable.... Which happens when I boot up the save, not at the crash.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #54 on: June 30, 2016, 05:05:43 am »

I'm getting a persistent crash around the third season, I believe it's when it's when the trade caravan arrives. Has happened with several worlds and for some reason I can't get past that point. I've tried with and without TWBT. I've checked the error log, but all I'm getting is some mythical beast not being geldable.... Which happens when I boot up the save, not at the crash.
Please upload the save. Persistent crashes I have hopes to fix. I assume its 1.06 playing as dwarves?

Edit: if you do, please post it here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=125638.1035

I'm going to lock this thread because the next update is out.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 06:28:12 am by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]