Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Update 1.06 - Test version for 43.03, lots of fixes and GUI options.  (Read 15286 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

::: Current version: V.1.06 - Updated 16th June 2016 - For DF.42.06 :::
::: The MDF GUI requires Microsofts .NET-Framework 4.0 :::

::: If you like the content I produce and enjoy playing Masterwork, consider supporting it on Patreon. :::
::: It allows me to do regular updates and add more content more quickly. :::

::: Read up on future goals, vote on polls and make suggestions. :::
::: Or join community projects that add new mod content! :::

Update 1.06 - A day early, hope you dont mind. :)

Notes: This week you get two updates for the price of one! :P The update contains bugfixes for dwarves, kobolds and the hermit, more GUI options, a new utility (DFTool)... and the second update contains DF 43.03. Its made with an alpha-release of dfhack for the newest DF and init files for the therapist, so these two utilities work for sure. TWBT does not work with it yet. I put it in a separate download.

You can either download the stable 42.06 version above, or the test-version for 43.03 below.

Changelog:
- fixed two errors in the succubus quickguide.
- added dftool utility.
- added options for kobolds, enable/disable any workshop in the GUI.
- added options for orcs, enable/disable any workshop in the GUI.
- added option for kobolds: PICKS! (disabled by default).
- added poison vat, archive, carpets, banner, display case and campfire to kobolds.
- updated the-earth-strikes-back to newest version and enabled it again by default.
- removed standardized-bones from GUI, as it causes crashes when butchering historic-figures.
- fixed several duplicate hotkeys for workshops in dwarf mode.
- fixed errorlog about missing items in Grimlockes weapon and armor pack.
- fixed bug in hermit mode that prevented playing as a dwarfish hermit.
- added bookbinding, quicklime, parchments, etc to hermit mode.
- Set multilevel of TWBT to 0 as default; since people have been reporting crashes because of it.
- removed cave-fish-man, narwhale-man, orca-man, cuttlefish-man, octopus-man, sperm-whale-man, nautilus-man and squid-man from hermit creatures, since they air-drown.
- added patreon rewards, nicknames as engravings and items.

- release test-version of MDF for 43.03 with dfhack and therapist, but no TWBT.

Spoiler: Orc Gui (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kobold Gui (click to show/hide)

Get the test-version here: MasterworkDF 1.06 for 43.03 - Download

Community feedback: Necromancers are leading the poll... guess they are the next race to come. :) Might take more than a week though, because they are the most complex of races.

Patreon: No new patrons this week. I did add patreon rewards, the engravings and items, into the game and added an option in the GUI to toggle them. Some people still need to write me their wanted nicknames and items, so please do. Downloads of the mod remain at ~1000 per week.

Remember, you'd make me a very happy person if you'd pitch in $1 a month. With 1000 active players that adds up. ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

twryst

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Update 1.06 - Test version for 43.03, lots of fixes and GUI options.
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2016, 05:35:19 pm »

Awwwwwww yes, MWDF with the new manager stuff from 43.03, super excited!

Thank you!

Darkond2100

• Bay Watcher
  • Intrepid Groundhog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2016, 11:49:08 pm »

I was really looking forward to tree forts. BUT 43.03!
your hoard, your dwarves, and your fortress.
I prefer Hoard, Horde, and Hovel...

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2016, 12:40:57 am »

Hi Meph, glad to see MW on .43!

It looks like the main build of MW got the updated The Earth Strikes Back, but the experimental 43.03 build didn't.  Also, the "Pet Rocks" toggle in the main build doesn't do anything (it needs to comment out the tesb-add-pets line in onload.init).  Turning off the "Earth Strikes Back!" toggle comments out that line along with all the others associated with the mod.

One other minor point, the GUI tooltip for Pet Rocks is outdated... they are no longer vermin.  Still immobile though.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Angriff

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2016, 02:56:55 am »

Hey Meph, just signed up to say fantastic work. After playing masterwork I was never able to go back to vanilla, so I was pretty sad when you went cycling the world for a while and weren't able to update. It's great to see you doing weekly updates now, thanks so much for your hard work!

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2016, 03:24:29 am »

(Pheobus / no TWBT)  Mithril, cobalt, and tungsten currently look like stone -- no little asterisk or other "ore" symbol.  Not a huge problem, but they're definitely harder to see than in old masterwork, mithril in particular.

ed.  oops, this is an old save (1.04), so may be old news
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 09:20:57 am by smakemupagus »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2016, 05:47:42 am »

Just checking in to say that the test build seems to be working okay so far. Will report any issues I run across.

I love how toady basically invalidated the workflow plugin

Edit: Actually I noticed a small oddity, I can't mass-brew dwarven wine. I have over 100 plump helmets and plenty of barrels but the option for specifically brewing wine or mass brewing it don't light up. I can do ale or beer just fine...
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 06:05:10 am by forsaken1111 »

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2016, 09:08:01 am »

Thanks for the release!

cerevox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2016, 12:50:26 am »

I am on the 43.03 version and have encountered some oddness. TWBT is on but with 0 z levels. Almost every thing else is default.

I was getting some incredibly annoying hitching while playing as Suc, but when I generate a world with dwarves and suc as options, even if im playing as suc, then there is no hitching. I do get hitching on worlds where suc are the only option from generation.

Got my first crash while browsing the stock menu when moving to 2nd page. Crashed instead of displayed. After reloading I went to 2nd page and noticed I had a rather interesting entry. At the very bottom I have "Items". The quantity I have is different each time I look at the stock screen and seems to range between positive and negative 1,000,000.

Also, when I butcher summoned Nahash I get chops of everything. Scale chops included. Not sure if this is on purpose or not. On the plus side it doesn't crash, I just get some odd food stuffs.

Save upload with broken Item listing, if it helps.
http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12157

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2016, 12:06:50 pm »

Just loaded up 1.06; at Embark, there are 2 entries for Dwarven Beer, Ale, & Rum.  I'm looking forward to settling a long-term world with all of the Tavern/Library goodness in MW :)  Regarding saves, I recall seeing that they don't carry over.  Is that between each version of MW, or only when MW updates to a new version of DF?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2016, 06:38:26 pm »

Aww yeah. Now to figure out which version I wanna write a story with.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2016, 07:37:01 pm »

So I take back the 'so far so good' bit about the new version. 3 crashes so far while playing and one when trying to save, which was a big downer as it corrupted the whole save and I lose several hours of play.

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2016, 12:25:25 am »

Is anyone else finding graphical errors?  For example; using Ironhand, the icon for Tetrahedrite is missing.  The tile is just a dark diamond shape.  I saved, quit, and switched to Phoebus.  Upon loading the save, everything was screwy (I thought changing graphics didn't effect the current save).  Went back to Ironhand, still missing some ores.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2016, 06:03:49 am »

(I thought changing graphics didn't effect the current save)
It does not update current saves, which is not the same as not affecting them. The raws stay the same, the tileset changes, so if you load a save, please use the same tileset you generated it with. Otherwise everything is wrong.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2016, 10:41:49 am »

Good to know.  I reinstalled the graphics and made a quick world to test; reveal & prospect.  Tetrahedrite is definitely missing its' graphic in Ironhand.  Also, I tried selecting the duplicate boozes I mentioned earlier, and this regularly crashed the game.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4