Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: [searching for some players] - Cudgelgranite - Nor a tale but a legend.  (Read 7664 times)

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Searching for someone to multiplay
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2016, 11:36:10 pm »

I'm kinda new to DF, but I'd enjoy doing a succession game turn.  How exactly are you guys running turns?

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2016, 12:25:00 am »

Here's the deal: We are gonna make Armok's Spire. Hammers in traps hit very hard, and throw creatures off the tile.
Thus, any creature thrown from a great height will make a nice splat.
Thus we will fill at least four weapon traps with ten copper/silver hammers each, Put them atop a very tall tower, and throw creatures to splat on the ground outside the dining hall.
If they dodge they go off anyway. RIP. Any creature that makes it through the traps is allowed to terrorize the fortress again or what have you.

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12171

Alright. Turn complete.

I dug up more fortress, and dug into two cavern layers.

I dealt with the creatures down there and now we have tons of animals.

I setup statues to warn and slow building destroyers, aka trolls and forgotten beasts.

It should be noted that moving the rock by hand is a rookie mistake.
First of all, you need wheelbarrows. That will pace your stone movement to 1 hauler per wheelbarrow.
Second of all, never move the stone too far from the mason's workshop. It's worth it just to let the mason do some extra hauling, or set a much smaller stockpile around the workshop.
Third of all, I want someone to finish my minecart setup. It should be used to move stone from the back of the fortress to the mason's workshop.
Fourth of all, it's usually better to let the mason's workshop hold all the blocks and just move them later. but we have over 150 blocks in bins by my estimate.
Aka its worth slowing down the mason's work shop and just plain building another if necessary.

It's time to start construction.

I dug a temple of the sun, set to all gods. I crammed in some bedrooms in my favorite fashion, but the fortress isn't as well defined as I would like.

We lost two dwarves to cavern creatures, one migrant recruit and one master miner. I've disciplined the underground for now. But we need a more thorough entrance for both layers.
Three wide and ten long at least, with a bridge and some cage traps and a door at both ends.
And just enough room to block off the back of the entrance with masonry.

Also, there was in fact cactus wood. Now there is no cactus wood.

More construction plans:
There is now a 'central pillar' noted down. This is not meant to be a thoroughfare, but instead a temporary access for moving fluids.

Fluids when pressurized will fill up to the same level, any distance away as long as it is connected. Thus when my turn rolls around again I will fill in various non-engraved portions of the fortress with obsidian, using the central pillar.
The whole purpose is to move the pumpstack of water or magma away from the center of the site.

Make more interesting patterns when mining please.
We have the tech to make steel  but desperately need magma forges. It should be noted that adamantine will require magma forges too.
I never dug up the volcano, but we now see Adamantine and a really short magma pit.

Long term Goals:
Fix FPS.
Magma forges, magma is exposed in the bottom cavern, but I don't think we dug the volcano proper. Still we need it in the fortress Asap.
Make copper hammers.
Make high quality mechanisms
Make Armok's spire outside the dining hall.
>actually make an outdoors dining hall.
Dig interesting patterns.
Secure the watersource and dig a 2 layer well on the fortress level. I dug half a well without remembering how slow it is to go down 20 Z-levels.
Search up the whole cavern before draining or moving any water.

Easy goals:
Finish my minecart setup and move the stone out of the catacombs into a pile next to the mason's workshop.
Setup highly defended cavern entrances.
Discover the third cavern.

zazq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2016, 09:09:48 am »

I CLAIM THIS TURN IN THE NAME OF THE ZAZQ

onemoreminer

• Bay Watcher
  • Brewing since 1885
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2016, 10:11:53 am »

Good work eerr ! :D
I think it's difficult for me to synthesize the info you gave us. The head of the thread will be an update place, i wish it would be wiki modifiable...

Maybe we can set the turn rule to what you did:
play up to 2 ingame years as much.
Try to submit before 48 hours.

I like to combine some planning and also creativity decissions.
I'd like to see how the Armok spiral works.

May I ask...?

FPS?
you turned off the sprites?

P.D.:
I'm kinda new to DF, but I'd enjoy doing a succession game turn.  How exactly are you guys running turns?
Welcome griffinpup!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 10:14:23 am by onemoreminer »
End? No, this journey doesn't end here.

zazq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2016, 11:48:31 am »

Dwarf Fortress Multiplay Cudgelgranite in Asteshlolok.

ZAZQ’S TURN 1051

I installed DFHack, and provided a semi-working copy of Therapist to the save folder for your convenience.

1st Granite, 1051
And so my reign of terror has come at last.  Perched on a cliff, I find this fledgling fortress, 14 dwarves strong.  It is a disorganized cluster of nonsense, in need of a firm hand.  I SHALL BE THIS FIRM HAND, and get this place whipped into shape post haste!

1st Slate, 1051

I have organized an indoor farming area, that is both pleasing and efficient.  The left farms are set to grow ARMOK’S FINEST MELANGE OF CROPS, aka all plump helmets.

The right farms have skylights, allowing them to grow prickle berries and potatos.  The bottom room is for pot storage.  I have removed the upper and quazi outside farming zone.

10th Slate, 1051
I must be doing my job well, 24 migrants arrived, almost tripling our population.

8th Felsite, 1051
Despite my predecessor's dislike of hauling stone by hand, i have put all my excess workers to work doing exactly that.

11th Felsite, 1051

What a deceptive place.  See all those trees? Those aren’t trees.  We have no wood.  I can’t build beds.  We’re all going to die.  I have highjacked what beds we have to make a dormitory in the crypt.

25th Felsite, 1051
We lost some workers to magma crabs in the lower depths.  NOW IS NOT THE TIME FOR DEALING WITH CAVERN NONSENSE.  I have placed a hatch at the top of the stairwell and locked it.  That will undoubtedly deal with this problem forever.

12th Hematite, 1051
A human caravan has arrived! Luckily, someone built a trade depot, so we’re in good shape.  Maybe they brought some wood…

16th Hematite, 1051

I have attached dedicated food and drink stockpiles near the farms.  Food on the left, (with a kitchen) and drinks on the right (with a still).  We also have a dedicated cook/grower and a brewer/grower.

6th Malachite, 1051
SUCCESS! I have traded some prepared meals to the pitiful humans.  In return, we have received about 20 wood, 2 bins of cloth and leather.  BEDS FOR EVERYONE!

18th Malachite, 1051
The beds are on their way, the bedroom column is being constructed.  We’re finally getting enough pots to be productive.  And it's time to go to work, so MIDSUMMER NIGHT’S BREAK until this evening or tomorrow.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2016, 04:49:10 pm »

Good work eerr ! :D
I think it's difficult for me to synthesize the info you gave us. The head of the thread will be an update place, i wish it would be wiki modifiable...

Maybe we can set the turn rule to what you did:
play up to 2 ingame years as much.
Try to submit before 48 hours.

I like to combine some planning and also creativity decissions.
I'd like to see how the Armok spiral works.

May I ask...?

FPS?
you turned off the sprites?

P.D.:
Welcome griffinpup!
I even downloaded the save to check- It started at year 1050 and I took it to year 1051, right? I only remember three autosaves! I thought I just got alot done from sheer experience. and of course the crowd favorite, tedious micromanagement.

Seal the caverns with rock walls! Doors allow pathing so all those elk birds are chewing FPS.

zazq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2016, 02:23:37 am »

27th Malachite, 1051
Ten more migrants.  They probably wouldn’t have came had they known they’ll probably never get beds.

19th Galena, 1051
I noticed a few caged creatures sitting about, so made a stockpile to put them all in and holy cow where did all these trolls come from?!  You’d think that this might have been a point of interest earlier on, such as “oh yeah an army of trolls stormed through but we got em.”  Anyway, we should work on troll domestication.  I’ll leave that for someone else.

28th Galena, 1051
A worker withdraws from society, claims a craft workshop, and crafted Ngobolthad, a native copper crown!  Encircled with bands of rectangular native copper cabochon and round tetrahedrite cabochons and menaces with spikes of tetrahedrite!  A SPIKY CROWN OF COPPER!

6th Limestone, 1051

Three layers of the bedroom structure have been completed, and there’s enough beds in the crypt for everyone to sleep soundly.  At least as soundly as they can next to the coffins of their dead comrades, and the caged trolls, and whatever it is down there in the caverns.

13th Sandstone, 1051
Purchased more wood, cloth and leather from a friendly dwarven caravan.  They inform me that they’ll pay out the nose for bone crafts.  As if they’re getting anything other than prepared meals from me?! MWAHAHAH.

26th Sandstone, 1051
MORE MIGRANTS! STOP COMING! I DON’T HAVE FOOD FOR YOU!

15th Timber, 1051

A modest tavern, The White Lantern, has been established, and tavernkeeper assigned.  The rabble seem to like it.

24th Moonstone, 1051
Noticed that any ol goblin could just waltz in here and wreck my day.  Placed some stonefall traps for now, but something better will soon be required.

6th Opal, 1051

WEREMONITOR! Despite its stupid fast legs, we got the drawbridge closed in time.  Thank heavens for whoever built that thing.  The terrible beast later became Ricdil Lubbeuslig, the human and wandered off somewhere.

9th Opal, 1051
In celebration of ‘defeating’ the weremonitor, a worker has created Leganfikuk, a hematite mechanism!  It has been placed as a lever in The White Lantern for all to behold. AND IS THAT A GOBLIN BARD THROWING UP ALL OVER MY TAVERN GOD DAMNIT.

30th Obsidian, 1051
And with that, my reign of terror has ended.  Where once there was a paltry fortress of 14 hanging on the side of a mountain, is now a mildly less paltry fortress.  But i think we got the drinks situation down, and the at least some bedrooms, oh yeah and that rather nice tavern with the barfing goblen.

STATE OF THE FORT 1052:
Dwarves: 59
Beds: 37
Cats: 11
Created Wealth: 217548

To do:
Figure out what’s wrong with the food production.  Where are all those potatoes going?
Get some magma forges going.
Still no water source.
Figure out a better solution for the cavern entrance. a hatch cover isn't gonna cut it for long.
oh yeah and that other stuff, whatever it was.

GAME SAVE: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12179

onemoreminer

• Bay Watcher
  • Brewing since 1885
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2016, 05:27:20 am »

Good work! And very accurate report.
Thank Armok!, we can change the proffesions!!
You make very stylish mining! I'm learning a lot.

>> The potatos are being brewed into potato wine

Theimmortalryukan or Griffinpup one of you is next.

zazq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2016, 10:12:42 am »

that werebeast really almost wrecked my day.  those stonefall traps wouldn't have slowed it down, and it sprinted to the front door faster than the drawbridge could close.  Some heroic cat was there and bravely sacrificed its self so that the drawbridge could snap closed.  I intend to dig into the legends viewer and see if that guy has a story to him.

onemoreminer

• Bay Watcher
  • Brewing since 1885
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2016, 03:25:02 pm »

The traps prevent the caravans to reach the trade depot!!

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2016, 05:26:39 pm »

The traps prevent the caravans to reach the trade depot!!
So does a lever, unfortunately. I missed out on the first dwarven human? wagon.

zazq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2016, 10:22:20 pm »

what no way.  Wagons can't roll over traps?  oh well sorry about that.  pretty sure they used to be able to, or maybe caravans just never has wagons?  yeah that's how it was, so didn't matter if the traps were there.  wait, did i say sorry, i meant MWAHAHAHAHHA A NO WOOD FOR YOUUUUUUU!!!

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2016, 03:00:25 pm »

I shall eat up a turn!

onemoreminer

• Bay Watcher
  • Brewing since 1885
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2016, 12:29:57 pm »

Ding dang ding!

Last call, is anyone playing the turn? gryffinpup, theimmortalryukan, moonythehuman?
If not answer i'll play it on sunday night gmt+1

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2016, 12:48:24 pm »

I suppose I'll play it.  Any requests before the mayhem starts?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6