Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: [searching for some players] - Cudgelgranite - Nor a tale but a legend.  (Read 7686 times)

zazq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [update] - Cudgelgranite - Nor a tale but a legend.
« Reply #60 on: July 09, 2016, 06:39:46 pm »

zazq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 09, 2016, 09:20:04 pm »

Dwarf Fortress - Cudgelgranite

Hey so it turns out Rigothbim the Worker was causing all the lag.  He got dfhacked, and things are a lot better now.

01 Granite 1053: AND SO HERE I AM, handed over responsibility for a fortress on the verge of werebeast death spiral.  I was provided a list of possible were-dwarves, but i don’t trust it.  Many are wounded, and terrifying were-beast blood is everywhere.  There is only one thing to do.

15 Granite 1053:  I have burrowed every wounded dwarf in that strange room located in the top left, and have left them all there to die.  If none of them turn in the coming season, and should they not starve before then, i shall again let them out.  I have designated every animal for slaughter, and started atom smashing all the unnessessary stuff.

01 Slate 1053, 3 of the burrowed dwarves werebear’d out and slaughtered the rest of of the wounded.  Also the damn goblin poet was a werebear.  He killed a few, but we axed him to death after the fact.  All the new wounded have been added to the starving burrow.

10 Slate 1053, migrants have arrived.  Do they know what they have just walked into?

21 Felsite: a quantum stone stockpile with 9 wheelbarrows has been created in the new furniture workshop area.  It ought to vacuum up all the scattered stone everywhere.  I think i got the werebear thing isolated to only the 2 guys in the starving room.  We’ll see next cycle…

21 Hematite: human traders got a ton of prepared food, and gave us a ton of food and drink and wood and whatnot.

27 Galena: a magma forge and smelter area has been constructed waaaay down at level -51.  Ore and bar storage is one up from there.  Hotkey f4 for this location.  I have begun the process of smelting all of the things.

01 Limestone: THE DEAD WALK! HIDE WHILE YOU STILL CAN!
A siege of undead goblins, led by Tathak Gosteredod, Goblin Spearman, has come give us a bad day.  The drawbridge has be raised and i think i’ll just wait for them to go away.

17 Limestone: well the siege isn’t getting in, and the werewolf problem is isolated to that one room full of corpses and 1 werewolf.  The smelters are smelting and everything is ok.  We lost something like 20 dwarves to the werewolf business, but that migrant wave was huge, so we got 81 right now.  I can’t figure out why the dwarves won’t put the food in the food stockpiles.  Its very strange.  (reminder to self, build a library)

onemoreminer

• Bay Watcher
  • Brewing since 1885
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 10, 2016, 04:33:55 am »

Awesome!

I played the first day of your year until the werebeasts changed into normal.

dfhack can do that? is anywhere a tutorial? I feel so rocky.

To everyone in the game:
    I update the first post with the links of download and the links of reports. I hope to be more creative in the way I tell the story, it's a way to improve my English.
    I put a title to the turn that ends so if you want to title it on your own, it can be funny.
    If we have a nice design for something maybe we can put it on bluemark if it will exceed the year that one is playing.

EDIT:
TURN IN PLAY: 5 - zazq
NEXT TURNS:  6 - Moonythehuman 7 - eerr
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 04:41:09 pm by onemoreminer »
End? No, this journey doesn't end here.

zazq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 11, 2016, 02:17:11 pm »

22 Sandstone: we don’t seem to have armor for a military, i’ve started forging 10 sets of iron gear, and 10 silver hammers.

05 Timber: we now have a library, and everyone’s scampering in there to read all the things.

For your perusing pleasure, we have:
Sunchapel For The Beginning Practitioner, a forgotten beast parchment scroll.
Give Me The Farm, a midnight ogre parchment scroll.
Start Your Day With Mirthfulkisses, a goshenite-bound codex.
The Blue Tattoo and Buzzard, a brown zircon-bound codex.

22 Timber:  We now have a 10 hammer strong military, with a barracks directly above the fortress entrance.  While dwarves suck at equipping gear in the correct order, they ought to have something like:

3 iron mail shirts, 1 iron breastplate, 6 cloaks.
1 helm with 6 hoods over it.
Socks and iron high boots.
Iron gauntlets with mittens over them.
2 trousers with iron greaves.
A leather shield and a silver warhammer, and a backpack and waterskin.

They get 2 months off per year, being Slate and Sandstone, and are lead by their mighty leader GuardCaptain Vodoslan!  She is indefatigable, incredibly quick to heal and mighty!

13 Opal: so i spent the whole year fighting the food stockpiles trying to figure out why they wouldn’t stock the tavern stockpile from the farm stockpiles, and nothing ever made any sense, and the lavish meals were rotting in the kitchen and ARRR, turned out the doors were locked.  And nobody got hungry or thirsty because either they had access to the tavern which had some stuff left over, or the farm stockpiles which have everything.  Dumb.  who locked those doors…

17 Obsidian: 2 more layers of housing have been completed.  We have 85 beds for 81 dwarves.

24 Obsidian: Crundle invasion in the magma forges.  Military has been dispatched.  They made short work of a dozen crundles.  We might want to put cage traps down there.

01 Granite: And i’m done. 
Population: 80 (huh guess the crundles got one)
Created Wealth: 530k
Food and drink: 600/950 (good enough)

Still under siege by almost 2 pages of dwarf and goblin corpses.  There was no dwarven caravan this year.  The werewolf is still alive and still constructed into the mystery room in the top left.  He probably won’t ever starve to death.  The crundles are only a passing concern, but cage traps might be convenient down there, as there are magma men lurking, and they'd be much more dangerous in the forges.  Remember, f4 for the forges.    Lag isn’t too bad at the moment.  I was getting mid 60s. 

SAVE: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12252

zazq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 11, 2016, 02:43:03 pm »

Fortress Tour:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

onemoreminer

• Bay Watcher
  • Brewing since 1885
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 14, 2016, 04:05:05 am »

Here is the turn situation, moony has been PM'ed

TURN IN PLAY: 6 - Moonythehuman
NEXT TURNS:   7 - eerr 8 -... ... onemoreminer

zazq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 14, 2016, 03:35:52 pm »

looks like it just you and me, onemoreminer, might as well take a turn.

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #67 on: July 15, 2016, 03:06:17 pm »

IM AWAKE

onemoreminer

• Bay Watcher
  • Brewing since 1885
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 15, 2016, 04:51:51 pm »

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
yay!!!

let's do it!!

our currently cue:
TURN IN PLAY: 6 - Moonythehuman
NEXT TURNS:   7 - eerr 8 - onemoreminer 9 - zazq 10 - .....
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 04:56:11 pm by onemoreminer »

zazq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

this is taking too long. i quit.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!

what happened to the old library?
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile

Stick me on el turn listo!
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!

Stick me on el turn listo!

me too.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [searching for some players] - Cudgelgranite - Nor a tale but a legend.
« Reply #74 on: August 02, 2016, 10:48:16 am »

My interest has waned, Take me off the list.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6