Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Not Normal: The Experiments (4/4)  (Read 2789 times)

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
Re: Not Normal: The Experiments (4/4)
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2016, 08:59:26 pm »

Alex would sigh. What do I need a boombox for? This is some strange medical experiment.
Turn up the classic rock channel.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2016, 09:02:46 pm »

I Look around for a Computer, If I can Find one I Go post on the Bay21 Forums and Play Dwarf fortress While Listening To Music...
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2016, 09:36:40 pm »

Damian grabs the encyclopedia of guns, along with a book on the major engagements of the Civil War and Operations in Somalia. He finds a nice spot to sit and read and leaves the books there while he goes to find some coffee. After obtaining the coffee, which he takes without cream or sugar, he returns and starts reading through the book on guns.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2016, 12:05:49 am »

Lex blinks slowly and nods.

Come over there.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2016, 12:07:18 am »

Jason Jackson

You conveniently find a computer in your room. After a quick post on Bay21 and a quickly annihilated fortress, listening to some very upbeat Techno music, you are called to do a blood test in examination room 1.

Lex Sutherland

You walk over to the almost creepy janitor. He points at some of the supplies.
"Don't make a lot of noise, there are microphones everywhere and they are listening. I have to be brief," his vaguely British accent is now replaced by a metropolitan voice sounding to be from New England as he whispers to you. "Don't trust the science teams. They are planning to wait until one of you manifests a different physiological effect from the normal. Once that happens they will either kill all of you right then, or wait and do forced biopsies. Twenty seconds until I have to move. I can help get all of you guys out. It will take two or three days, but if you start to feel unsafe, I'm here every day between noon and one." His voice goes back to being vaguely British. "Yeah, the cafeteria's that way. Ya keep good lass." He slowly stands up and waves you goodbye and continues his path of cleanliness.

Alex Raman

After being left with very little clues as to the purpose of the boombox and the experiment in general, you shrug off a slowly creeping uneasy feeling and turn on some classic rock. Not only do you feel the beat, but... It almost makes you feel... Like the music is resonating through you. The feeling passes quickly and you're left with a feeling of loss and need.

Damian Johnson

In the corner, just where you'd expect, is a coffee machine. It has only one flavor though. You take a regular mug and fill it. You take a seat on one of the many leather chairs and cracknopen a few books. From the moment you stopped moving up until you got up to grab a new book, and even after that when you sat back down for a few minutes, you feel uneasy, drained, despite the coffee, of energy, and almost pained. As soon as you got up and moving, however, the feeling passed.

Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2016, 12:32:28 am »

Whelp, I guess I Need to go to that blood test...
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2016, 01:05:14 am »

Damian gets up and paces to see if that has any effect.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2016, 01:56:21 am »

...Oh oh my god no what this is a prank...no...no he sounded too serious...Oh god why!?
"....y-yes thank you B-But I'm  not hungry anymore for some reason.
Lex waves goodbye to the janitor and trys to plaster on a smile as she.
Goes to look for a coffee machine.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2016, 08:42:35 pm »

Jason Jackson

You walk down the hallway, one of three parallel halls each lined with examination rooms with people ccoming and going, some are members of the science team, some are regular Joes. Nobody you'd recognize, though.

You arrive at Exam Room 1 and a smiling Dr. Dalton greets you and uahers you in. There are four other people in there. All are hooked up to a regular blood drawing machine. You sit and the doctor hooks you up there as well. He says for you to close your eyes for a minute as he takes some blood out for a later analysis. After four or five minutes you feel a bit different, like when you feel tired after giving blood, but much, much stronger.

Dr. Dalton then tells you he's putting some solutions into you to help with the blood loss. You feel the liquid enter your bloodstream and you start to feel better. Not just better, but almost like a weight has been lifted from your chest, like it had been there for years. After a fifteen minute rest, you are dismissed, and you are back on your feet and walking back to your room.

Lex Sutherland

You start to freak out. Just a little. Okay, a lot.
What was that about, you think to yourself.
Was that a prank?
No. He was too serious to be joking.

You run through some very disturbing thought processes; all ending in your death. You walk by the cafeteria, it's bustling with activity and conversation. You continue on your way, ignoring the gnawing pain in your stomach. You pass the library on your wandering path, you see Damian running around like a madman. There's coffee in his hand. He knows where a coffee machine is. You walk in, calmly, you run through how to broach the subject of what you were just tol- Damian runs directly into you, knocking you both to the ground.

Alex Raman

(Nothing/Inactive)

Damian Johnson

You get up and start pacing and immediately the feeling that plagued you just a minute ago is replaced by an almost euphoric feeling of strength returning and fatigue leaving you. Feeling like this from pacing, you start running about. The feeling is so great that you actually can't stop running. The feeling inside grows tremendously. Until you crash into Lex.

Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2016, 09:28:06 pm »

"Sorry 'bout that. You alright? You're one of the other volunteers, right?" Damian asks as he gets back up and offers a hand to Lex to help them up.

Damian stops moving once he stands and helps Lex up, to see if there is any change. If he goes back to feeling poorly, he'll start tapping his foot or twiddling his thumbs to see if that movement will at least take the edge off.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2016, 01:58:09 pm »

Lex smiles nervously taking your hand
"O-Oh yeah I'm  alright and I'm Lex."
Take his hand and get up get some coffee.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2016, 05:31:49 pm »

Turn it up louder. Maybe if I just sit there listening to music, they'll give me a hint.
10/10.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2016, 06:08:42 pm »

"Damian. Nice to meet ya. So, what'd they end up putting you through so far? Just the same boring walk down shelves full of miscellaneous crap?"

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2016, 07:06:56 pm »

Jason Jackson

(Nothing/Inactive)

Lex Sutherland

"Sorry 'bout that. You alright?

"O-Oh yeah I'm  alright."

He offers to help you up from the ground. You take his outstretched hand and he pulls you up.

You're one of the other volunteers, right?"

"Yeah. My name's Lex. I came in here for the coffee?"

He's tapping his feet and swinging his arms back and forth at his sides. It is really wierd.

"Uh, yeah. It's over int the corner. It's only got one flavor.

"Damian. Nice to meet ya. So, what'd they end up putting you through so far? Just the same boring walk down shelves full of miscellaneous crap?"

You think about telling him about the encounter in the other hall. "Nah. Nothing much."

Alex Raman

You turn up the music. It blasts as loud as some professional speakers, inciting many a person to yell at you to turn it down. You don't hear them though. You only hear and feel the music. You feel your heart syncing with the music. As you listen, the energy flows to your skin itself. The music is blared even louder, though to the untrained ear, it just appears that the radio is too loud. The objects on the desk in your room start to move from the energy being output from you. After a minute or two, you turn the volume down on the boombox. The energy flowing into you drops off, leaving you good and drained. You feel that you could probably do it again, but you think better of it on the first thought.

Damian Johnson

You get up and help up the girl.((see the conversation above for all the vocal cues))

In a small experiment of your own, you observe that if you stand still with no movement, you feel your energy ebbing away from you. You tap your feet and swing your arms to see if that helps. It does. A little.

Lex, looks at you like she's wanting to say something, but doesn't say it.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 03, 2016, 09:32:38 am »

((I'm actually a bit lost. Not sure what to do.))
10/10.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4