Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Author Topic: Sex  (Read 32228 times)

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sex
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2016, 09:31:07 pm »

Listen guys. I understand how you think sex could add to the gameplay. But Today has his reasons. The game can already get pretty twisted and creepy, and I doubt he really wants to make it more so.

Too twisted and creepy...

Too twisted and creepy?!

This.

is.

Motherfucking.

BLASPHEMY!
And not actually true. It's just a question of how to implement it (technically, and without being 'creepy'), and the conversation system probably needs quite a bit of work first.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2016, 10:45:19 pm »

I hope this never gets implemented outside of the stressing/destressing thought mentioned by Dame de la Licorne.  Adding in further detail has a chance of doing some really strange stuff to the community and could run across some really dangerous legal lines.  Need I remind you that a dwarf is considered an adult at age 12?  Kinda a massive point against this.

Edit: Hey doesn't this topic really toe the line with one of the forum guidelines?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 10:59:14 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2016, 11:12:10 pm »

When this... ahem... activity gets added to adventure mode, you're just going to be kicked into the fast-travel screen like you are for just about any other activity that takes time.

Cue passionate debate about how long that time should be...

Gameplay wise, simple stress effects are quite enough, thank you.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2016, 11:33:25 pm »

Haha thread
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2016, 02:32:08 am »

Yeah, the actual player interaction part will be everything leading up to the event (poetry reading, quick construction of love shack in woods, marriage depending on your civ values). Would be fun to see this stuff expanded on.

By the way, it may be really fast due to fortress time, but fortress mode already has sex. Where do you think babies come from...?

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2016, 04:05:37 am »

Where do you think babies come from...?
Spores

duh
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2016, 04:35:51 am »

Where do you think babies come from...?
Spores

duh
Don't believe everything you learn at kindergarten (except how to dodge spikes and keep your head above water of course).

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2016, 04:37:38 am »

Most likely, the way to implement this in a reasonably discreet but still controllable manner would be that you would be given a dialogue option to "invite to sleep together", similar to inviting someone on an adventure, which would have different levels of success based on relationship values, culture, and lust propensity.  If it was agreed upon, when going into the sleep menu with the other person nearby there would be a chance of conception.

While this would leave out some scenarios that could potentially take place, allowing players more control over the details would almost certainly allow players to add rape to their genocidal rampages, which Toady probably doesn't want in the game because of the controversy it would cause (even if it does allow certain stories to take place, unlike poop)

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2016, 04:39:56 am »

Most likely, the way to implement this in a reasonably discreet but still controllable manner would be that you would be given a dialogue option to "invite to sleep together", similar to inviting someone on an adventure, which would have different levels of success based on relationship values, culture, and lust propensity.  If it was agreed upon, when going into the sleep menu with the other person nearby there would be a chance of conception.

While this would leave out some scenarios that could potentially take place, allowing players more control over the details would almost certainly allow players to add rape to their genocidal rampages, which Toady probably doesn't want in the game because of the controversy it would cause (even if it does allow certain stories to take place, unlike poop)
I think night troll spouse conversion is about as close as we'll get to that scenario. Oh, wait, playable night trolls? :o

cdru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2016, 06:08:54 am »

I think night troll spouse conversion is about as close as we'll get to that scenario. Oh, wait, playable night trolls? :o
I'm sure that night trolls have no interest in those possessed by a supernatural entity. They will just kill unconscious adventurers
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 06:36:00 am by cdru »

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2016, 07:44:18 am »

The problem with that is that it effectively makes unlustful being incapable of reproducing; a problem to a modder that wants to make a race of beings that are not very lustful.  That is why in my post I decided there should be a number of separate activities representing the motivations behind the action.  So a creature that is unlustful can still deliberately have sex in order to conceive children rather than because they want too, provided that they are not opposed to [FAMILY], they can potentially conceive and the game/world situation allows more children.

In adventure mode we should just initiate the activities and if we succeed in persuading our partner to have sex the game should just offload for probably an hour or so but the conception odds/chance of success should be decided as in fortress mode.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2016, 08:30:20 am »

The problem with that is that it effectively makes unlustful being incapable of reproducing; a problem to a modder that wants to make a race of beings that are not very lustful.  That is why in my post I decided there should be a number of separate activities representing the motivations behind the action.  So a creature that is unlustful can still deliberately have sex in order to conceive children rather than because they want too, provided that they are not opposed to [FAMILY], they can potentially conceive and the game/world situation allows more children.

In adventure mode we should just initiate the activities and if we succeed in persuading our partner to have sex the game should just offload for probably an hour or so but the conception odds/chance of success should be decided as in fortress mode.

That could work too, I expect many personality traits, goals and values would come into play.  Lust propensity would probably be important in determining whether or not they needed to be married before agreeing to sleep together.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2016, 08:40:22 am »

I could see them developing sex techniques why not, you could have books like the kamasutra and such...
I could even see the possibilities of a thousand stories related to sex... so your storytelling point is not valid...

I doubt it will get fleshed out very deeply, as this aspect is to controversial and would probably lead to bad rep

Sizik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2016, 10:56:43 am »

If sex were implemented, would rape?

I could imagine goblins having something like [ETHIC:RAPE:PERSONAL_MATTER], but I don't know how far Toady would want to go in that regard.
Skyscrapes, the Tower-Fortress, finally complete!
Skyscrapes 2, repelling the zombie horde!

Ekaton

• Bay Watcher
  • Love the Bomb
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2016, 11:06:27 am »

If sex were implemented, would rape?

I could imagine goblins having something like [ETHIC:RAPE:PERSONAL_MATTER], but I don't know how far Toady would want to go in that regard.

Just imagine the media coverage this would get. Dwarf Fortress - A Rape Simulator. Might be popular in Japan though, they have their rapelays and whatnots.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10