Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: The most complex games  (Read 20258 times)

Ekaton

• Bay Watcher
  • Love the Bomb
    • View Profile
Re: The most complex games
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2016, 03:22:18 am »

By that definition flight simulators, especially with addons that literally simulate oil flow and electric power in every system are probably the most complex.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2016, 05:04:57 am »

I quite liked IL-2

I guess we should mention dominions (4), but from all games stated so far, I'd say Factorio offers the most long-term-complexity (and multiplayer : 3)

Cormack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2016, 05:46:51 am »

Thank you for your suggestions! I really like this Mars Simulation Project, are there any other similar, perhaps DF-like games there with DF level of complexity?
Yes, I'm gay.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2016, 06:05:50 am »

rimworld, gnomoria, and prison architect are quite close to that

Cormack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2016, 02:25:00 am »

Are there any complex space base simulators?
Yes, I'm gay.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2016, 07:23:43 am »

They're all Early Access failures.

The two I'm aware of - Spacebase DF9 (I don't want to work on this anymore so I'll just label the current version 1.0 and no one can complain anymore), Space Station Alpha (I wish I was Spacebase DF9).

There's another one that appeared more successful but I don't recall the name of it. I remember the player leading away missions to gather resources.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2016, 07:32:56 am »

Just play Startopia to get your space station fix. Nobody has come close since then.

Cormack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2016, 07:35:56 am »

Just play Startopia to get your space station fix. Nobody has come close since then.

Played it for years now, looking for something different. Mars Simulation Project seemed fine but there's little to do there.
Yes, I'm gay.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2016, 07:49:35 am »

Space Station 13 might actually be the most complex in that area, if you can magically find a server that is not a incestious meta-club.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2016, 08:38:31 am »

Space Station 13 might actually be the most complex in that area, if you can magically find a server that is not a incestious meta-club.
I really want to see SS13 rebooted as a singleplayer option.  Maybe as simple as 'last survivor on a space station after emergency, get power running again and don't starve'.  Like "The Martian" the game, on a space station...

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2016, 09:24:49 am »

I really want to see SS13 rebooted as a singleplayer option.  Maybe as simple as 'last survivor on a space station after emergency, get power running again and don't starve'.  Like "The Martian" the game, on a space station...
So basically, factorio in space?

Actually, I recall a rogue like that was like this. Can't remember the name, though.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2016, 09:49:40 am »

So basically, factorio in space?

Actually, I recall a rogue like that was like this. Can't remember the name, though.
Teleglitch?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2016, 10:13:13 am »

http://thespatials.com/ maybe not extra complex but there's plenty stuff to do, from room hosting your station tourist to send out away teams to unlock quadrants, to missions and quests, resource managements etc.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2016, 10:15:43 am »

http://thespatials.com/ maybe not extra complex but there's plenty stuff to do, from room hosting your station tourist to send out away teams to unlock quadrants, to missions and quests, resource managements etc.
I really wanted to like that game but it.. it just wasn't good. I honestly think it would have been a better game if they'd cut out the 'away team' aspect entirely. It ended up being a ridiculous clickfest.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2016, 10:22:41 am »

I really wanted to like that game but it.. it just wasn't good. I honestly think it would have been a better game if they'd cut out the 'away team' aspect entirely. It ended up being a ridiculous clickfest.

true, so true. they fixed a little by having people autoshoot or something, but all the special abilities were extra annoying. but I put it on hold for different reasons: people gained too much experience serving food at a cafeteria and their payscale was tied to their level. so it became annoying to keep rotating them.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7