Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Kobolds IDing as naga on embark screen in 1.06 (42.06 version)  (Read 1218 times)

daisha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This is a kobold-only world I generated because I was having trouble getting playable kobolds.  Each and every one of those civs says it's nagas if you tab to the relations screen, but if you press on each of them will in fact turn out to be kobolds.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 09:22:14 pm by daisha »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
Re: Kobolds IDing as naga on embark screen in 1.06 (42.06 version)
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2016, 10:00:22 pm »

Did you disable skulking?

daisha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2016, 10:59:41 pm »

I did not.  Am I supposed to?  I fear I might be missing some in-GUI notes as I'm running everything through wine on linux and it's slightly buggy.  (I don't keep a windows partition.)

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2016, 11:05:58 pm »

Yeah, skulking civs don't appear on the Relations tab, and don't appear on the civilizations tab either unless there are no other playable civs. 

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2016, 01:16:24 pm »

Look into your errorlog.txt inside the Dwarf Fortress folder, does it complain about "duplicate entry" ?

daisha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2016, 03:00:51 am »

There is a duplicate object warning in errorlog.txt related to peat, but no other errors referencing "duplicate", and no errors related to "kobold" (or "naga" for that matter) at all. 

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2016, 04:48:27 am »

There is a duplicate object warning in errorlog.txt related to peat, but no other errors referencing "duplicate", and no errors related to "kobold" (or "naga" for that matter) at all.

That is enough to screw everything up. You should try downloading masterwork df again.

BlakMajiK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2016, 05:00:57 pm »

Have the same problem with no errorlog.txt, and have had for the last couple versions. Skulking disabled, no combination of UI settings seems to rectify.

daisha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2016, 06:24:07 pm »

Have the same problem with no errorlog.txt, and have had for the last couple versions. Skulking disabled, no combination of UI settings seems to rectify.

Same.  I also have the issue in 1.05.  Fresh installs, no solution.

You wouldn't happen to be playing on a linux machine through wine, rather than on a windows machine, would you?  I was thinking that maybe the launcher is bugging out somehow (maybe due to filename case sensitivity differences cross-platform?) and failing to make all the relevant raw changes, but to be perfectly honest I don't know enough about the launcher, dwarf fortress, C#, or time management to figure this one out.   :P

BlakMajiK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2016, 07:00:35 am »

Same.  I also have the issue in 1.05.  Fresh installs, no solution.

You wouldn't happen to be playing on a linux machine through wine, rather than on a windows machine, would you?  I was thinking that maybe the launcher is bugging out somehow (maybe due to filename case sensitivity differences cross-platform?) and failing to make all the relevant raw changes, but to be perfectly honest I don't know enough about the launcher, dwarf fortress, C#, or time management to figure this one out.   :P

No, windows 10 here.

daisha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2016, 05:51:38 pm »

Just confirmed that this is still occurring in 1.07.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2016, 06:36:40 pm »

Just confirmed that this is still occurring in 1.07.
Tested, yup, they are listed as Naga. Added to my bug tracker.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::