Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: The Arcane Plane: Something Beyond  (Read 3268 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Arcane Plane: Something Beyond
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2016, 08:56:36 pm »

"Noble Phantasms ... No! Cosplayers!

SHUT ALREADY! NOBODY CARES! .. I'LL CALL THE COPS!"

Forget my mission and fall back to ingrained social responses: Troll the Asian cartoon cosplayers.
Edit: Angerly yell at these people and hope they stop pretending to be in an anime.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 09:32:50 pm by Nirur Torir »

Bliss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2016, 09:23:50 pm »

"Noble Phantasms ... No! Cosplayers!

SHUT ALREADY! NOBODY CARES! .. I'LL CALL THE COPS!"

Forget my mission and fall back to ingrained social responses: Troll the Asian cartoon cosplayers.

Clarify your action; also, they're not cosplayers :).

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2016, 09:34:41 pm »

Nathan doesn't know that, so he is going to yell at them with all the fury someone who's spent the better part of a year stuck living with a roommate who watches loud anime late at night, and who is now lost and confused and would love to have something familiar to fall back on, like yelling at anime nerds.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 09:37:09 pm by Nirur Torir »

Bliss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2016, 10:42:54 pm »

Nathan doesn't know that, so he is going to yell at them with all the fury someone who's spent the better part of a year stuck living with a roommate who watches loud anime late at night, and who is now lost and confused and would love to have something familiar to fall back on, like yelling at anime nerds.

Sure.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2016, 11:09:40 pm »

Clarify your action; also, they're not cosplayers :) .

But you don't remember your backstory!

Boxcar is excused from this because he gets a new 500 page backstory every three minutes or so. All of them are true.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2016, 11:38:26 pm »

Look around. I know  we're on a street, but what's around the street? And is there any cover nearby?

Bliss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2016, 03:19:04 pm »

Turn 4

Quote from: vishdafish
Attempt to awaken
[2-1(Fatigue)= 2(Failguard)] You continue to soar the horizon.

Quote from: NRDL
Take a look at my surroundings.
[3] Facing the opposite direction of the, what you make out to be, battle cries, you only notice small buildings, houses, grocery stores, and a park down the opposite street.

Quote from: Dermonster
Μήδεια? Μια δίκαιη παρθενική! Πρέπει να συστηθώ. Awaken, and seek the maiden!
[2-2(Unconscious)= 2(Failguard)] You continue to mumble whatever comes to mind.

Quote from: Nirur Torir
Angerly yell at these people and hope they stop pretending to be in an anime.
[6] You've had enough of the yelling, the lights, the clashing. So. You take off into the light! [Speed: 11] You run so fast, Usain Bolt would be impressed! For some reason, you have this innate feeling of hatred towards anime-related things. You use this feeling to push yourself forwards. Faster, faster, faster! Your legs begin to cave, but you won't let them. You continue to push yourself until you can see another light. There! You finally reach the destination and fall to your knees, breathing heavily. But, whew, that was a long run. You turn back, and try to figure out where you are. No matters. You turn back around. It's a large parking lot. A shadow begins to creep past a column and you run behind a building. You move your head slightly into range to see who's coming. The first thing you notice is a blinding light. You put your hand over your eyes to focus. A man with white hair, wearing some sort of brass-colored armor made of a metal that you can't detect. A large red cape flows behind him. That's odd, the cape is moving, but there's no wind. You get the strange feeling the cape isn't any ordinary cape you'd get on Amazon. He grins, "My dear, Medea, you know best that you are no match for me." His grin immediately turns flat as the ground in front of him suddenly explodes. He jumps back a few inches and laughs. "You dare attack me?". Who is he talking about? What is he talking about? You try to focus right before the explosion. You do remember a faint purple light, but you just thought it was a glare. Could it have been something else?

(Ability Progress: Improved Agility +70%)
(Fatigue for the next 3 turns)

Quote from: DoctorMcTaalik
Look around. I know  we're on a street, but what's around the street? And is there any cover nearby?
[6] (There's really nothing much to this town; it's not like a warzone or anything.)
You look around and inspect every inch of the environment. The road is paved with concrete as the sidewalks. The houses look like regular ol' houses, windows and everything. You noticed Nathan heading left towards the loud noises.

Background: [5] Nathan notices another shadow, across from the man with the white hair. But...there's no one standing there.

Statuses:

Spoiler: "Easter Sunday" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "Boxcar Joe" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "Nathan" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "Thunk" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "Nixy" (click to show/hide)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2016, 03:32:09 pm »

((Well, I meant to stand and yell. If I can hear their yells, they can hear my yells.))

In between desperate gasps for breath, try to figure out what's with that weird shadow-invisibility thing and that flowing cape.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2016, 03:35:45 pm »

Can't be assed with crazy right now. Get up and find the fight god damnit.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 04:13:54 pm by Dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2016, 03:37:58 pm »

Sneak into the town, peek inside the grocery.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 04:02:03 pm by NRDL »
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2016, 03:38:08 pm »

Attempt to awaken again
((My rolls :((((((((())

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2016, 03:40:05 pm »

((And by unconscious person, the one I'm nearest, did not realise there were two.))
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Bliss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2016, 04:00:10 pm »

For those who are unconscious and who want to assist the unconscious, there is no need as the status of unconscious innately lasts for 2-3 turns.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2016, 04:02:39 pm »

Changed my action.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Bliss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2016, 06:17:18 pm »

Sorry, something has come up. I'll be discontinuing this indefinitely.
Pages: 1 2 [3]