Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]

Author Topic: The Fallen Sky: Training Round 1, Eliminated Squad 2  (Read 15093 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: The Fallen Sky: Training Round 1, Eliminated Squad 2
« Reply #195 on: July 19, 2016, 09:48:36 pm »

[5] The comet commander agrees to let you take ammo. He seems to be taking this very seriously. However, the only ammo that fits the Hellcat is in the M8 across the field.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 19, 2016, 10:48:58 pm »

Ok, we need to decide on a course of action here. Do we go look for the crew of the Greyhound and make sure they're alright, while being on guard for the other squad of tanks and any potentially hostile creatures out there (the extra .50 cal ammo might help there)? I think we sorta have an obligation to do that since we, y'know, found the crew's letter. Still, we don't really have that many resources or manpower to use for such a purpose, and risking our own tanks in the swamp could mean we might get stuck just like they did.

Or we could see if we can radio back to base, explain this potential clusterf***, and ask them to advise us. Hell, they might tell both squads to stand down for now and go look for them, since I'm sure they need as many tankers as they can get. This training exercise apparently has the potential to last for more than a day, anyway, considering that they gave us 3 days worth of food rations.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 19, 2016, 11:29:19 pm »

Raioyris taps his fingers on the port side of the Hellcat's turret, "I really hope we don't get spotted."
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 21, 2016, 02:46:34 am »

"We should at least try to radio back to base to explain it. As you said, we need as many experienced soldiers as possible, so they probably will at least send a search team."

"The flare spam could also work, as it would definitely show that something's wrong. If we do it though, we need to watch out in case Squad 1 is filled with ruthless opportunists."
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 21, 2016, 09:42:34 am »

((If we go that far, we should probably tell the other squad over the radio that we're calling a time out until we find them.))
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 21, 2016, 09:08:59 pm »

Oh, forgot about the radio. We should tell them and signal with a flare to show where it is.
"We should at least try to radio back to base to explain it. As you said, we need as many experienced soldiers as possible, so they probably will at least send a search team."

"The flare spam could also work, as it would definitely show that something's wrong. If we do it though, we need to watch out in case Squad 1 is filled with ruthless opportunists."

"Can they really hear us? Don't we need to log into their channel first?"
Trucy takes up the radio and sweeps across the radio spectrum. It soon dawns on you that these tanks are using old radios, which don't have any sort of protection or encoding whatsoever, at least for voice input.
What this means is that you can hear everything they say, and they can hear everything you say. You hear some radio chatter back and forth, which SOUNDS like the inside of a tank due to the engine noise.

Guinivere: "Mai isn't back yet."
 :o (Male voice): "You think she got hurt?"
 8) (Male voice): "Maybe those flares meant there was an emergency."
Guinivere: "I really don't know. Do you want to see if we can find their radio channel and talk to them?"
 8) (Male voice): "Do that."
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 09:10:35 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 21, 2016, 10:25:40 pm »

I spy from the top of my tree...
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 21, 2016, 11:13:30 pm »

[-] You couldn't see them last time, but now you see it: a light tank parked just over the hill to the northeast, outside of LOS from both of your vehicles. A pink shape is making its way through the forest, toward the vehicle.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 22, 2016, 07:30:38 am »

Make my way back to our tanks and tell them of the other squad's location relative to ours.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]