Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14

Author Topic: The Fallen Sky: Training Round 1, Eliminated Squad 2  (Read 15075 times)

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
Re: The Fallen Sky: Falling in progress
« Reply #45 on: June 27, 2016, 08:52:40 am »

Introduce myself to the person on the bottom bunk.

"Hi. I'm Jacob."
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 27, 2016, 07:41:26 pm »

((Note: [Brackets] indicate YOUR roll. (Parenthesis) indicate an NPC's roll. {Braces} indicate another PLAYER's roll.))

City of Irrowskurn, 2000 Orbital Time, Day 140, Year 79 N.T.

"Oh, right, thanks."

She places her bag down, and takes the bottom.

((Her age is either 18, or 20, whichever suits more.))

You slide your bags under the bed, noticing that there's not much under there. [Scrounger] You take a look, and find a liquid-cooled jacket, a flashlight, a toolkit, and some snacks. That's about it.

The barracks door slams open. It is Captain Feldman, judging from the double-barred insignia on his hat, and his nametag. He shouts across the room with a voice so penetrating you can hear it over your idle conversations and chit-chat. "Do we have a room full of soldiers here or a room of washed-up recruits? If you are not prepared then I expect you to come to class early so you can learn!"

"Geez, though he could take a punch better than that."

Claim best bunk, ask around to see where we get started with training.

You aren't sure what qualifies as 'the best' so you settle for any bed that isn't this one. You ask one guy if you can share, (d6: 4) but he shoves you away.
"Dipshit. You didn't need to take him out like that."

The barracks door slams open. It is Captain Feldman, judging from the double-barred insignia on his hat, and his nametag. He shouts across the room with a voice so penetrating you can hear it over your idle conversations and chit-chat. "Do we have a room full of soldiers here or a room of washed-up recruits? If you are not prepared then I expect you to come to class early so you can learn!"
He passes by you and says, "Except for you, son. You're coming to the office with me."

"I'll savor it." Raioyris smiles, grabbing the pincer. If I have any food on me offer it to Hermia. "Fly true Hermia."

Go and find a bunk for some rest. Find one near a corner if possible.

You have some chocolate-coated biscuit sticks. You rip off the biscuit part and give some to Hermia, who gladly accepts it.

You then go inside. You notice Jeremy, who just got turned down, and notice an empty pair of beds right next to you.

He passes by you and tells you to stop spacing out.

Shrugging, I put the candy bag in my bags. "Respect. We're probably gonna need to watch our intake, anyway..."

It occurs to me that I have no idea how prevalent weaponry is on this planet. Is there a citizen militia group that officially trains at least bi-weekly in case an emergency comes up? Or are we looking at a room potentially full of washouts? I want to know who's got actual skills, here.

I chat him up some more while looking around pointedly to the rest of the room. "Hey, Shirou, you ever... you know, fired a gun before? Killed something? Or at least shot cans?"

If not, I offer to help him out as best I can. Teach him how to handle and care for for a gun, maybe; I learned quite a bit about that from my folks, since we sometimes had to fend off supply looters while on the job; there's plenty of crazies out there who'd love to get their hands on commercial-grade explosives.

Irrowskurn has no gun control. It's hard to limit weapons when a homemade printer can build one.
(5) "A gun? Sure. My parents made me get lessons. They always told me to watch out for myself in the world. And to eat quick, in case someone else tries to steal it.
Well,"
he grins to himself. "I added that last part."

He finishes cleaning up all of his papers and readying his stuff.
"Looking forward to class! We should sit together."

He passes by you and tells you to tie your shoelaces. Odd, you'd thought they were tied a minute ago...

"Nah, tanks weren't that popular back in the war. I did work with other land vehicles, making sure they were in proper order. It's an important job, the main reason it ended so quickly was due to the abysmal state of Anexian supply and traffic. Trucks and munitions got stuck in the city well before the troops could get it."

"But enough about me. What made you want to be a civil engineer in the first place?"

Ask the girl about her background.

"Well, my parents..." she looks flummoxed as to what to say. "My family sort of didn't look to the future. They just did their things. I felt like a hypocrite using all the marvels of modern technology without contributing to it myself."

He passes by you and tells you to stop hitting on girls.

Introduce myself to the person on the bottom bunk.

"Hi. I'm Jacob."

"Hey, it's me, Rich!" he says.
Looking closer, you realize he's in a phone call, cancelling an appointment. He claps the phone shut, and then rests his face on his palms, sighing heavily.
"What the fuck... Was just starting my business and now this crap."

He passes by you and tells you to shave your unprofessional facial hair.

Healthy
>Hermia will remember your gift forever

Spoiler: Jeremy Nix, AKA NRDL (click to show/hide)
Healthy

Healthy

Healthy

Healthy

Healthy

« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 10:35:55 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 27, 2016, 08:13:22 pm »

Shrug, follow the captain.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2016, 04:36:47 pm »

Go along with the captain.
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 28, 2016, 05:12:24 pm »

"Yes sir, sorry sir." Raioyris says in a near mumble.

Go to class whenever 'early' would be.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 28, 2016, 06:14:50 pm »

"Right away, sir!"

Give a proper salute, then head to class 'early.'
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 28, 2016, 06:21:39 pm »

First, I tie my shoes. Properly, this time.

Then, I grab my backpack
(containing my notebook and other relevant supplies (not to mention my candy)) and immediately head to class with everyone else, bidding Shirou good luck while I'm at it. Best not to keep the army waiting, after all.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 29, 2016, 01:12:47 am »

City of Irrowskurn, 2200 Orbital Time, Day 140, 79 A.E.

Shrug, follow the captain.

The captain leads you to his office, which is located in one of the violet-green camo tents set up around the camp. There's two chairs and a black folding desk that's actually just one long rectangle whose ends bend into legs.
"I need to make sure our facts are correct regarding the incident." He pulls out a shallow stack of papers. "You might not be aware of it, but you're in a different legal jurisdiction now. Military rules, in fact."

He pulls out several photos of the guy you punched and sets them out on the table, along with a piece of smartpaper currently showing the guy's age, health, and bio. "Walter Higgs, Age 26... Disabilities:," you read, "Class AT Personality Disorder, Intermittent Explosive Disorder, Autism..."

"That's the victim. Had a whole list of disorders. In fact, he didn't make the draft. We've noticed a trend of siblings showing up instead of the ones that get the slip.
But that's beside the point. I need to ask you: did you know Walter before today, as an acquaintance? You'll have to give your side of the story for the tribunal to decide."

Quote from: everyone else

Well, pretty much everyone's going. All 30 of you share the same room in Blue Pavilion. As you walk outside you hear the faint crack of thunder, but no flash in the dark.

"Welcome to Watt-Physferus, the first of many tank academies in the country! I am Dr. Emil Watt, and this is Dr. Kara Physferus," he motions to a woman beside him, holding a stack of smartpapers. "Greetings!" she starts. The class begins.
Apparently, New Terra is under attack by aliens. At least they got that out of the way at the start. Armored warfare had never existed on this planet up until now, but due to the aliens' space-based jamming, it has become difficult for planes to navigate. It also seems the enemy has access to air superiority fighters that blow Irrowskurns' drone aircraft out of the water. Satellites are out of the question due to space superiority. To break the blockade and secure land objectives such as factories, which are needed to continue the war, Irrowskurn has ramped up production of armored ground vehicles with anti-air and anti-ground capability. The total ground forces of the enemy remain unknown. As such, the first wave of vehicles will be there to test the waters, prepared for anything that might occur.

Tanks require a constant stream of parts and fuel, as well as replacement crew for those that don't make it or can't take it anymore. As such, your first order of business on the field will be learning the basics of your tank and how to repair parts. Your next class, tomorrow, will explain the supply chain doctrine of the Irrowskurn military and immediate strategic plans.

After class is finished, Dr. Watt explains "We are going to start vehicle training next. Please gather in your assigned teams of six, chosen by Dr. Physferus' algorithm."
You assemble on the field, and find rows of armored fighting vehicles, as described. All of them are old blueprints from an old war fought on another planet. Indeed; Irrowskurn has never seen armored warfare before. All that exists are blueprint files found in old printing libraries. The actual wars they fought have been forgotten, erased from colonial libraries in an effort to start a war-free society.

Choose (vote on) two tanks from the old war. You will crew these tanks with the others.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Healthy
>Hermia will remember your gift forever

Spoiler: Jeremy Nix, AKA NRDL (click to show/hide)
Healthy

Healthy

Healthy

Healthy

Healthy

« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 03:16:50 am by _DivideByZero_ »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: The Fallen Sky: Tank Driving
« Reply #53 on: June 29, 2016, 01:21:21 am »

"Never met him before.  He was just causing a ruckus, I came over to see why, he slugged me.  He missed, I didn't.  Wasn't expecting him to go down at all, never mind that badly."
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 29, 2016, 01:53:17 am »

"Never met him before.  He was just causing a ruckus, I came over to see why, he slugged me.  He missed, I didn't.  Wasn't expecting him to go down at all, never mind that badly."

[d6: 6] "I see," says the captain. "Witnesses confirm he swung first, but that's not the issue. The boy was being a 'ruckus' with his friends and close acquaintances: people who'd gotten used to his outbursts and know how to deal with it. You didn't have to step in, but you did, and your actions had consequences. Not everyone's going to be a hero out there. Don't think you're better than the rest of them.

For now, I'm revoking your weekend pass, awaiting further decision from the tribunal. Dismissed."

You can attend class as usual. (Vote on a tank. Please.)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 02:08:58 am by _DivideByZero_ »

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 29, 2016, 03:36:19 am »

Spoiler: Vote 1: M18 Hellcat (click to show/hide)

(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 29, 2016, 01:00:08 pm »

I vote for

Then

« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 01:12:18 am by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 29, 2016, 10:33:43 pm »

I vote for

Then

+1
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 30, 2016, 01:36:01 am »

(Bump for tanks.)

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 30, 2016, 02:34:10 am »

(Sorry, I don't think I can keep with this game. I'm gonna have to quit. Sorry.)
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14