Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14

Author Topic: The Fallen Sky: Training Round 1, Eliminated Squad 2  (Read 15109 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: The Fallen Sky: Looking for Players (3/6)
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2016, 04:26:29 pm »

Please don't number traits, all it does is set the pyramid out of alignment.

About the character: I find the idea of people being discriminated against because of their eye color to be rather bizzare, especially in a world where half the citizens are genetically modified. Everything else is fine.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 05:38:21 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Fallen Sky: Looking for Players (4/6)
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2016, 11:00:42 pm »

Name, Age: Tray Seris, 22
Clade: Baseline

Appearance: A 5'8 male with short brown hair and green eyes. Usually is seen wearing his gray supply officer's uniform and cap from the Bloodless War.

Bio: Tray was raised on the planet, and lived comfortably until his 18th birthday.

The night he turned 18, his family was displaced from their town as a war broke out between 2 bickering factions. Angered by the dispute, he joined the war on his cities side. The war did not last long however, as a failure to adequately organize supply lines forced the enemy army to surrender, ending the war without a single loss of life.

As a veteran of the Bloodless War, he forever learned the importance of the flow of supplies and vehicles, and studied to become a Traffic Scientist to study and improve the transporting of supplies and people, using his military benefits to quicken his college education.

As his people are now a victim of cut-off supplies, he seeks to use his expertise to optimize any resources Irrowskurn has left, and deal with this jam once and for all.

Skill Tree:
T1: d6..........................|T2: d8.............................|T3: d10.........|T4: d12.........|T5: d20.........|

Traffic Scientist...............>
................................|Supply Organizer...................>
Orderly.........................>....................................|Large-Scale Sabotage.........>
................................|Resourcefulness....................>
Minor Kleptomania...............>

Additional Effects:
>Orderly: Tries to make his surroundings neat. Can work in disorderly areas but gains -1 to actions requiring focus if in it for an extended period of time.
>Minor Kleptomania: Tries to take small, open items (pencils, candy bars, etc.)

« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 11:24:49 pm by HighEndNoob »
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Fallen Sky: Starting Soon
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2016, 08:55:12 pm »

City of Irrowskurn, 2032 Orbital Time, Year 79

You are all hurried into the barracks with nary an explanation as to what to do. These will be your quarters when the sun rises and everyone goes to bed. The building is shielded against climate and has self-darkening windows which tint at dawn and fade at sunset. It's a half-cylindrical room no larger than a small home, but such is the price to pay for hastily assembling an ad-hoc training camp.

It seems your schedule begins in an hour. Two hours of class a day and fourteen hours of driving a tank around. It seems like a dream come true for some of you, if your lives weren't on the line...

The demographics of the barracks are: 18 men ages 20-50 (older men aren't except from the draft, but there are very few people older than 50) and 12 women, mostly college students (older women are required to have children to increase the population and aren't draftable). Roughtly a third are first or second-generation panthropes: tall, clear voices, no masks, munching on organic fishsticks or jerky or whatnot. The rest are baseline humans, some of whom wear surgical masks to keep out the alien pollen that sometimes blows in from the fields this time of year.

The girls are mostly gathered in one large group. The men, on the other hand, split between college students and adults, numbering 8 and 5 respectively ((excluding the players)). It seems everyone brought bags, and some put their bags next to bunk beds to claim a spot. One of the college-aged guys is vehemently holding onto his claim, literally tossing bags across the room and punching people out so as to be alone.

>Hermia is not allowed inside buildings

Spoiler: Jeremy Nix, AKA NRDL (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 02:05:11 am by _DivideByZero_ »

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
Re: The Fallen Sky: Falling in progress
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2016, 09:17:32 pm »

Interrogative:  Do we post actions now? Has it started? Or are you going to tell us when it's actually started?

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2016, 02:05:53 am »

Interrogative:  Do we post actions now? Has it started? Or are you going to tell us when it's actually started?

(It's started. If you want to pass time you can do that, I just want to give everyone a chance to sort things out. And I'm posting a bit of fluff with each post rather than dumping it all on the readers.)

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2016, 02:36:25 am »

Recall where I left Hermia, my pet crow.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2016, 03:14:37 am »

Walk over to the troublesome guy being a dick to everyone else.

"Hey, jerkoff, cool it.  What's the matter with you?" 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2016, 03:35:34 am »

Well, if they're in such a hurry, that definitely means they need us to learn fast. Alright. Here's hoping they at least give us trunks or something to store our stuff.

First, I find a decent bunk, no real preference, to lay my bags out on. If there's a trunk, everything except any primers or brochures or whatever that's relevant to this military organization goes in. (Though I doubt they'd have had time to even give us our uniforms yet, let alone primers.)

Mostly, I want to stick by this bunk and kindly invite someone nearby to join me; they can take the top bunk if they like. It's kinda important to make friends at this juncture.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2016, 12:39:30 pm »

Stealthily position myself behind the troublesome kid, if he attacks anyone sleeper-hold him.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2016, 02:18:54 pm »

Well this is a nightmarish mess. We'll need to get this sorted out soon enough. For now, I should try to get a 'quiet' spot away from the commotion.

Find an out-of-the-way bunk and put my bag on it. If there is a person above/below me, try to strike up a conversation with them.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2016, 06:30:52 pm »

Find an unclaimed bed that is close to a doorway.
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2016, 01:45:50 am »

City of Irrowskurn, 2000 Orbital Time, Year 79

Recall where I left Hermia, my pet crow.

You take full notice that you'd forgotten something. Something very important.

Outside the barracks, there is a staircase on a scaffold leading to the room, where the solar panels and electrical boxes are installed. This building may have been constructed recently.
You step up onto the roof and stand in the wind, gusts blowing past (unblocked by city structures). The sky is dark tonight, almost pitch-black to your normal, unmodified eyes. In actuality, the stars are hidden by the glare of the city lights, but since both they and the glare are so dim they form the darkest part of your visual range.

You stand there, motionless. You know that your bird will answer your call no matter where and how. You take in the night with all your senses, and the night overtakes you. Soon, but not too soon, you hear the quiet flutter of wings circling around you. A pair of talons, familiar to your sin, land themselves at your shoulder.

[6] (You took a little long to find Hermia, so you couldn't finish your other action)

Walk over to the troublesome guy being a dick to everyone else.

You tell him: "Hey, jerkoff, cool it. What's the matter with you?"
His response is to throw a punch at you, (d6: 1) missing wildly and and throwing him off-balance. You can knock him down easily now (difficulty: [d4: 2]).

Choose a reflexive response to attacks: Offensive, Defensive, or Evasive

Well, if they're in such a hurry, that definitely means they need us to learn fast. Alright. Here's hoping they at least give us trunks or something to store our stuff.

First, I find a decent bunk, no real preference, to lay my bags out on. If there's a trunk, everything except any primers or brochures or whatever that's relevant to this military organization goes in. (Though I doubt they'd have had time to even give us our uniforms yet, let alone primers.)

Mostly, I want to stick by this bunk and kindly invite someone nearby to join me; they can take the top bunk if they like. It's kinda important to make friends at this juncture.

[d6: 3] You get a top bunk, with the bottom already taken by a student whose bags fell over and spilled assignments all over the ground. You notice marks on some of them: 98, 97, 99. A model student.
There are no lockers, but there's a big space under the lower bunk, enough to store most suitcases and backpacks. You notice a set of wheeled dividers set down next to the bed for privacy. That's about it.

Find an unclaimed bed that is close to a doorway.

[d6: 2] You single out an unclaimed bed near the door, but as you make your way toward it, another student, closer still, sets his bags down on it. You look across the room and find another bed; you make your way toward that one. But that one is also claimed by the time you walk halfway, and to your dismay it seems you walked right past the last unclaimed bed in the process, which is already taken by now. What a futile endeavor. You'll just have to settle for sharing a bunk with a local tattoo artist, whom you know from an advertisement you saw on a website.

Well this is a nightmarish mess. We'll need to get this sorted out soon enough. For now, I should try to get a 'quiet' spot away from the commotion.

Find an out-of-the-way bunk and put my bag on it. If there is a person above/below me, try to strike up a conversation with them.

[d6: 6] You end up sharing a bunk with the most popular girl in school, a last-year high schooler who won't stop talking about how unfair the draft is, how her conscientious objector forms got unfairly dismissed, how she'd rather be back at school with her friends, and so on. You'd think it's strange for a teenager to be drafted. Why aren't there any others? Either way, you came here to start a conversation, [d6: 2] so you ask her about traffic pattern optimization and Braess' paradox.
[d6: 5] "Huh? Did you say... Braess paradox...?"[/color] Her expression fills with excitement.
"Wow, I've always wanted to be a civil engineer! My parents are carpenters, and nobody really buys wood cause, well, it's poisonous to humans and stuff, but you know, I've always studied a lot! But my sister never really helped out, and mom and dad were always downstairs building tables, so I never really got any help with my math..."

(Skipped 1 time(s))

Healthy
>Hermia is not allowed inside buildings

Spoiler: Jeremy Nix, AKA NRDL (click to show/hide)
Healthy

Healthy

Healthy

Healthy

Healthy

I hope there's room for another player.

Spoiler: Charsheet (click to show/hide)

(If DigitalDemon gets skipped two more times in a row, or someone's character dies, then you're in.)

« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 06:49:32 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2016, 01:54:17 am »

OFFENSE: Punch him
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 06:47:30 pm by NRDL »
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2016, 02:09:05 am »

((By response I meant more of a Stance. Basically, if he attacks you and fails, Offensive would immediately counterstrike while Defensive would attempt to put him in a headlock, for example. Evasive would mean you run away automatically.))

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2016, 02:12:16 am »

((So I just choose Offensive, Defensive or Evasive and you automatically decide the movement appropriate to the fight situation?))
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14