Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14

Author Topic: The Fallen Sky: Training Round 1, Eliminated Squad 2  (Read 15199 times)

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
Re: The Fallen Sky: Training Round 1, Turn 2
« Reply #135 on: July 04, 2016, 07:10:27 pm »

Shit. Call for Hermia. "Wait. Hold fire please."
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 04, 2016, 07:34:01 pm »

Well that's just great. If the wind's blowing west to east then whatever this is might have caught our scent. Roaming male of some species, perhaps? Can I, or someone else who sees it, make a Lore check or something to recognize the creature?

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 04, 2016, 08:21:40 pm »

Look around the field where the ASU is making progress towards the M8.
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 04, 2016, 11:06:08 pm »

Shit. Call for Hermia. "Wait. Hold fire please."

Hermia eventually leaves on her own, and sees the Hellcat, so she naturally flies toward you.

Look around the field where the ASU is making progress towards the M8.

You turn left and have a look around, able to see just over the swamp to the north. And sure enough, you spot a tank cruising along in the grass. Large, square chassis; unsloped armor; painted jet black. It's a Comet alright. It is currently heading west, following in the pushed-down grass that your vehicles left as a trail.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 04, 2016, 11:57:31 pm »

It is currently heading west, following in the pushed-down grass that your vehicles left as a trail.
It's what? What the hell happened to those guys in the Greyhound? Did they leave their radio equipment off or abandon their vehicle or something? Someone had to have noticed us by now. At any rate, that Comet is sure as hell going to turn our way in a hurry if we make a ruckus, so we need to start planning.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 05, 2016, 12:47:44 am »

The M18 should engage the Comet first and then the ASU should strike the M8 shortly afterward.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 05, 2016, 02:22:17 am »

There's a hill in the way of the Comet. Cross through the forest and climb up the hill?

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 07, 2016, 12:33:07 am »

"Yeah, we should probably wait to ambush the Comet. We don't want it getting the drop on us."

"Since it's not that close to the ASU though, I think it's safe to close in on the greyhound a little more, maybe half a kilometer at most. It should've noticed us by now, so the cre probably bailed."
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 07, 2016, 02:45:25 pm »

"Let's find a hiding spot. All we need to do is make sure we aren't immediately in the sights of the Comet when it turns over here."

Proceed with plan.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 07, 2016, 05:26:09 pm »

City of Irrowskurn, 2400 Orbital Time, Day 140, 79 A.E.

"Yeah, we should probably wait to ambush the Comet. We don't want it getting the drop on us."

"Since it's not that close to the ASU though, I think it's safe to close in on the greyhound a little more, maybe half a kilometer at most. It should've noticed us by now, so the cre probably bailed."

[4] The Greyhound doesn't move its barrel at all. It's like shooting fish in a barrel, although you don't shoot yet.

"Let's find a hiding spot. All we need to do is make sure we aren't immediately in the sights of the Comet when it turns over here."

Proceed with plan.

[1] You move the Hellcat into the swamp in order to camouflage it. Unfortunately, the ground underneath it isn't giving much traction. You continue to camouflage the vehicle until it looks like a large shrub, but on the other hand you won't be able to move out of this position without assistance or some kind of work.

The terrain around the vehicle is mildly torn up.

Well that's just great. If the wind's blowing west to east then whatever this is might have caught our scent. Roaming male of some species, perhaps? Can I, or someone else who sees it, make a Lore check or something to recognize the creature?

[2] You're not really familiar with the wildlife on this planet. The vast majority of work is done in the city. There is almost no infrastructure in the outlands. Resources and such are shipped by air.

You are SQUAD 3. Scale: 0.5 km per tile.

Spoiler: Terrain (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Watt-Physferus Tanks (click to show/hide)

Ammo:
[45] 76mm Training Shells
[40] 85mm Training Shells
[400] 50cal Rubber Bullets
[2000] 7.62mm Rubber Bullets

Supplies:
[20] Flares (Red, White, Blue)
[81] 3 days worth of sandwiches
[80] Tread links
[100] Welding wire
[99] Bolts, wires, tape, connectors
[500/625 L] 180 km left on Hellcat (225 km max range)
[337/400 L] 265 km left on ASU-85 (290 km max range)

Tools:
[9] Binoculars
[4] Saws
[2] Welding kits, plasma cutters
[2] Torches
[3] Wrenches
[4] Hammers
[9] Shovels
[2] Pickaxes

Healthy
>Hermia is following your general location

Healthy

Healthy

Healthy

Healthy

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
Re: The Fallen Sky: Training Round 1, Turn 4
« Reply #145 on: July 07, 2016, 06:15:55 pm »

"Shirou come with me. Grab a shovel." Raioyris hops off of the tank Gwydion, feel free to fire when you judge it to be necessary."

Dig away mud from front and rear of treads. Find some wood/material to put in front/behind the treads to give extra traction.

"We'll go stationary for now, hopefully by the time we need to move we'll be done down here."

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 07, 2016, 09:23:39 pm »

Well, retreat to the ASU. Hidden, mind you.
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 08, 2016, 09:42:54 pm »

"We should still wait for the Comet to be dealt with before finishing off the Greyhound. I'll leave the Comet in the Hellcats hands."

Have the tank drive a couple hundred meters closer. look out the hatch with binoculars to see if there is any crew even in the vehicle.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 08, 2016, 10:26:38 pm »

Spoiler: Travis Eaton (click to show/hide)

((Sorry the bio is kinda meh. I'm a bit tired right now, and when I'm tired, writing skills go out the window. Also, I realized after writing this out that there's another engineer. oh well.))
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 08, 2016, 11:53:41 pm »

It's a siege. Not The Siege. Alternatively, I was going to call it the Blockade but it seems you've already come up with the name. :P

Working on the next post now. Playergamer, you'll have to wait for the match to end before your character gets dropped in. Hope that's okay.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14