Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 28

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.43.04 Released  (Read 199612 times)

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Dwarf Fortress 0.43.04 Released
« on: June 20, 2016, 02:13:27 pm »

Download (Click refresh on your browser if it doesn't show up)

Here's another bug-fix release.  Assuming no issues crop up immediately, we'll now dive into 64-bit land for next time!

Major bug fixes
   (*) Fixed error deciding when patients should be moved
   (*) Fixed initialization problem with tools causing stone axes to be thought of as ranged
   (*) Stopped completed work order jobs from checking off every matching order
   (*) Stopped masterpiece trades in containers from triggering artwork defacement
   (*) Stopped storage from always failing in the second tavern/library/temple you define
   (*) Stopped broken crash-prone entry from appearing at the end of the stocks list

Other bug fixes/tweaks
   (*) Attackers will remove armor from unconscious opponents if it is blocking attacks
   (*) Made people wear more armor according to their roles again
   (*) Allowed new citizens with some previously site-wide occupations to be reassigned
   (*) Allowed some site-wide occupations for dwarves
   (*) Made combat damage weapon and armors depending on material differences etc.
   (*) Made dwarves prefer undamaged equipment during the periodic uniform upgrades
   (*) Allowed strong attacks/shakes to translate some force to joints and parent parts even if blocked by armor
   (*) Reduced clothing stopping power based on penetration depth
   (*) Made paper slurries stockpile-able (won't work without updated raws)
   (*) Fixed problem with adv mode tribute demand check
   (*) Fixed ghost initial positioning problem
   (*) Made macros save correctly even if the macro directory is deleted
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.43.04 Released
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2016, 02:46:40 pm »

Thanks Toady! Good luck with the 64-bit release!
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2016, 02:55:45 pm »

Love the fixes. Cheers and thanks Toady!

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2016, 03:00:53 pm »

(*) Fixed initialization problem with tools causing stone axes to be thought of as ranged

Vot de FOCK. That is the most hilarious cause of a bug I've ever seen.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Jazzeraint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2016, 03:15:56 pm »

'mscvcp140.dll missing' causing a failure for the .exe to load for me. Win7, 43.03 has been working fine.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The silver is responsible for this How?

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2016, 03:23:26 pm »

This is great. What is next? More fixes or work into the 64 bit version?

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2016, 03:36:45 pm »

'mscvcp140.dll missing' causing a failure for the .exe to load for me. Win7, 43.03 has been working fine.

http://bay12games.com/dwarves/redist/msvcp140.dll

If you put this in the folder does it work, or does it give you another DLL that's missing?  I tried it on three computers, but they all came with the proper DLLs I guess.

This is great. What is next? More fixes or work into the 64 bit version?

I'll probably have to fix this DLL problem, but I'd like to get to 64 bits as soon as possible so it's no longer hanging over the project.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2016, 03:37:23 pm »

Very peculiar. Tried a re-download? Also on Windows 7 (32-bit), and no apparent problem so far.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2016, 03:41:21 pm »

PC is missing the runtime support DLLs:
Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015

p.s.

Or Toady One maybe has a different compile with static linking.

on visual studio go to Project tab -> properties - > configuration properties -> C/C++ -> Code Generation. on runtime library choose /MTd for debug mode and /MT for release mode.

This will cause the compiler to imbue the runtime into the app.  The executable will be bigger, but it will run without any need of runtime dlls.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 03:43:49 pm by Sanctume »

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2016, 03:43:44 pm »

Okay, I AM getting some weird shit here. DF seems to open and work fine so far, then AFTER I close it, a few seconds after I get...

EDIT: Image source edited, thanks to Witty putting it up on Imgur. Had planned to put it somewhere more permanent than my Dropbox eventually.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 12:43:21 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

blakker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2016, 03:47:21 pm »

http://bay12games.com/dwarves/redist/msvcp140.dll

If you put this in the folder does it work, or does it give you another DLL that's missing?  I tried it on three computers, but they all came with the proper DLLs I guess.

Not that person but had the same issue, tried reinstalling Visual C++ Redistributable but it didn't work.

After downloading and putting that DLL in the folder it asks for a VCRUNTIME140.dll.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2016, 03:48:47 pm »

Now I miss the "knee deep in the horses" kinda fun bugs we used to be getting. Any idea WHY it would fuck up for users that had no such issue with prior versions?
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2016, 03:49:32 pm »

on visual studio go to Project tab -> properties - > configuration properties -> C/C++ -> Code Generation. on runtime library choose /MTd for debug mode and /MT for release mode.

This will cause the compiler to imbue the runtime into the app.  The executable will be bigger, but it will run without any need of runtime dlls.

Does the legacy version have DLL problems for affected people?  Apparently legacy was already compiled with /MT, where the sdl version was using /MD.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2016, 03:51:05 pm »

I'm also wondering why it would decide DF has broken AFTER it closes without issue, with no current problems while in-game.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2016, 03:51:11 pm »

Does the "Fixed error deciding when patients should be moved" bug affect the issue where a patient is in a traction bench being permanently diagnosed over and over again? Or is it some other bug?
Quote from: madjoe5
Dwarf Fortress: The game in which people place abducted children in a furnace to see what happens.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 28