Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 28

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.43.04 Released  (Read 199926 times)

Veroule

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.43.04 Released
« Reply #330 on: June 29, 2016, 06:40:09 pm »

A few people have noted some speed increase with the 64bit version. My guess would be that those increases come from 64bit having twice as many general purpose registers.

If Toady One can identify any functions that show significant differences in speed between the architectures, then he could determine the likelihood of my guess by considering the number of local variables and how they are used throughout that function. Finding a function that is gaining significantly from having more registers might suggest that further optimization could be achieved by breaking the function into smaller segments.
"Please, spare us additional torture; and just euthanise yourselves."
Delivered by Tim Curry of Clue as a parody of the lead ass from American Idol in the show Psych.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #332 on: June 29, 2016, 06:52:03 pm »

We have some new players entering the scene!

dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/opt/libpng/lib/libpng16.16.dylib
  Referenced from: /Users/tarnadams/Desktop/df_osx/libs/SDL_ttf.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/freetype.framework/Versions/2.6.3/freetype
  Reason: image not found

I have other duties calling -- back in ~6.5 hrs.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #333 on: June 29, 2016, 06:58:29 pm »

We have some new players entering the scene!

dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/opt/libpng/lib/libpng16.16.dylib
  Referenced from: /Users/tarnadams/Desktop/df_osx/libs/SDL_ttf.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/freetype.framework/Versions/2.6.3/freetype
  Reason: image not found

I have other duties calling -- back in ~6.5 hrs.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ue3g2slybjn1w3o/SDL_ttf.framework.zip?dl=0

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: June 29, 2016, 07:34:34 pm »

The symlinks in that one seem to have lost whatever flags make them symlinks.
Edit: never mind, looks to have been tar's fault.
And it looks like the newer one doesn't reference libpng at all, which hopefully fixes that.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 07:40:56 pm by lethosor »
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Blue_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: June 29, 2016, 11:07:12 pm »

64-bit version? Did Toady change his mind about making it?
Crafting Statistics 42.06Farming Statistics

Blue Dwarf has been happy lately. He did some !!science!! recently. He admired a fine forum post lately. He was enraged by a forum troll recently. He was upset by the delayed release of the new version of Dwarf Fortress lately. He took joy in planning a noble's death recently.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: June 29, 2016, 11:58:24 pm »

64-bit version? Did Toady change his mind about making it?

No, he didn't.

Khym Chanur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: June 30, 2016, 12:20:22 am »

To get it working under Fedora I simply removed the libstdc++.so.6 file from the libs directory; that took care of the "version `CXXABI_1.3.8' not found" problems.  I still had to deal with the bug 2688 problem.  That particular bug should be a quick-fix since several users have offered modifications to the df script which will automatically find the proper 32-bit libz file to use.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: June 30, 2016, 01:43:04 am »

Speaking of which, I'm getting that on the Mac now with the latest SDL_ttf.  It tells me the png is not found, and then after a bit it tells me the application has quit unexpectedly.

I'm also confused on which fmodex dylib it should be using.  Is libfmodexL.dylib the 64 bit one?  Because it is asking for libfmodex.dylib.  Is libfmodexL something unrelated?

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #339 on: June 30, 2016, 02:01:05 am »

Speaking of which, I'm getting that on the Mac now with the latest SDL_ttf.  It tells me the png is not found, and then after a bit it tells me the application has quit unexpectedly.

I'm also confused on which fmodex dylib it should be using.  Is libfmodexL.dylib the 64 bit one?  Because it is asking for libfmodex.dylib.  Is libfmodexL something unrelated?

It must be because of SDL_image, but I thought I've checked it for png support. I'll check again.

libfmodexL is debug, so you need just  libfmodex.dylib

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #340 on: June 30, 2016, 02:17:29 am »

Hm... I tried the frameworks I built with previous DF versions and they work, so.. since it uses system image loading functions, maybe it can't read PNGs on old system.. but that's very strange. Can you upload your binary to try on newer system?

I can build SDL_image with built-in png support, not using system libs, but that will take some time.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: June 30, 2016, 03:02:31 am »

64 bit Windows test release feedback:

A save from unknown version (forum problem, so it isn't my save) fails after a minute or so with an error box with a caption of "FATAL ERROR" and the message "Nemesis Unit Load Failed".

Is this of interest?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 03:06:33 am by PatrikLundell »

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: June 30, 2016, 03:51:29 am »

Hmm... now nothing works at all.  This is before that SDL_image link in the previous post.  It just doesn't seem to recognize the aliases in the frameworks anymore, and I can't make new ones.  Compiling, I get a SDL_ttf/SDL_ttf.h not found with the latest SDL_ttf, but when I move in the old one it compiles fine.  The aliases from the dropbox download are not recognized as aliases at all (it treats them like scripts for a terminal), but the ones in the old SDL_ttf are treated as aliases.  But when I make new aliases (to directories like Headers), they show as 500K instead of the usual 4K, and from a terminal, I can "cd" into the old directory aliases, but the new ones I make give me "not a directory".  I made my new aliases with right-click "Make Alias" -- they work when I click on them, but not in the terminal with cd.  I have no idea what's going on.

Sleep now.  We'll see what happens tomorrow.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #344 on: June 30, 2016, 04:02:19 am »

Hmm... now nothing works at all.  This is before that SDL_image link in the previous post.  It just doesn't seem to recognize the aliases in the frameworks anymore, and I can't make new ones.  Compiling, I get a SDL_ttf/SDL_ttf.h not found with the latest SDL_ttf, but when I move in the old one it compiles fine.  The aliases from the dropbox download are not recognized as aliases at all (it treats them like scripts for a terminal), but the ones in the old SDL_ttf are treated as aliases.  But when I make new aliases (to directories like Headers), they show as 500K instead of the usual 4K, and from a terminal, I can "cd" into the old directory aliases, but the new ones I make give me "not a directory".  I made my new aliases with right-click "Make Alias" -- they work when I click on them, but not in the terminal with cd.  I have no idea what's going on.

Sleep now.  We'll see what happens tomorrow.

To make a proper "alias" (symlink actually), you need to do in Terminal "ln -sf <target> <link_name>". The "Make Alias" command makes something GUI-specific only.

But now I'm completely lost as to what's happening. It was working (sort of) and giving you "Not found: blahblah.png", right? And then it stopped linking?

I've checked my files

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q6pfiziwkajjpax/SDL_image.framework.zip?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ue3g2slybjn1w3o/SDL_ttf.framework.zip?dl=0

and they're fine, with all symlinks in place. Make sure to unpack them on Mac and not copy to Windows and back, otherwise symlinks will be lost. Let's try again with these two frameworks and see what happens.

PS. I sent you a PM last week and now not sure whether it was lost or just was too ridiculous to respond to.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 28