Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 28

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.43.04 Released  (Read 200826 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.43.04 Released
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2016, 07:00:24 pm »

See? Sorcery. ;w;
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2016, 07:13:36 pm »

See? Sorcery. ;w;
I got the same error both on win7 x64 and XP x86 (running on a VirtualBox).

Edit*
I mean df_xp_test.exe
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 07:16:17 pm by Libash_Thunderhead »

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2016, 07:52:09 pm »

Everything working on Mac OS 10.7.5

The full armor look is a good one:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Chase

• Bay Watcher
  • I like video games
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2016, 08:32:40 pm »

Makes sense with bandits, gonna generate an older world to increase the number of weapon lords and such, I assume that will have an influence, though that was actually a goblin soldier from a pit.

Can you confirm that adventure mode soldiers and bandits have the best armor they can have?
Fantasy World Simulation Enthusiast

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2016, 09:23:37 pm »

I haven't seen them have remotely near the best armor, just head/body/leather crap so far.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #50 on: June 20, 2016, 09:41:53 pm »

Hmm....  so the hearthpeople are underequipped?  Where was that screenshot from one that worked?
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 20, 2016, 10:18:23 pm »

oh yeah I'm also getting the close error on the xp fix build
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Chase

• Bay Watcher
  • I like video games
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 20, 2016, 10:25:06 pm »

Everything working on Mac OS 10.7.5

The full armor look is a good one:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Maybe I'm mistaken about this picture. Been testing throughout the day, had a crash during the world update one time (Calendar) telling me evil names couldn't be retrieved or didn't exist. Nothing has came up since using the new exe. Apologies I didn't screen cap it, figured it was just a faulty install on my part. I have yet to see one equipped with anything out of the ordinary in adventure mode sadly.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 10:26:37 pm by Chase »
Fantasy World Simulation Enthusiast

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 20, 2016, 10:50:22 pm »

Hmm....  so the hearthpeople are underequipped?  Where was that screenshot from one that worked?

Odd. I've yet to see underequipped HEATHPEOPLE, but then again I haven't sampled enough. :V
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

fearlesslittletoaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 20, 2016, 11:23:35 pm »

I put a post about this in the main DF discussion forum before I knew this was here, but I found a resolution for the Missing 140 DLL problem. I am running windows 7 and had this bug, and it was fixed after I went here (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145) and ran these two executable files from Microsoft.

Apparently older versions of windows need patched to support something about the new version, very much not a technical person.  ::)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 21, 2016, 12:18:13 am »

Here's one that worked someone else had.

Here's what I've been finding everywhere.

Elf hearthperson of the dwarf lord over there:

Gear:

Not sure what I'm missing, you didn't change anything in the armor or entity raws, all I did was change the names of a few pieces (mail shirt > hauberk, greaves/high boots > upper/lower greaves type stuff) and fiddle with the layering/coverage stuff so pieces are ordered right, but it's totally possible to wear socks or boots with the metal lower greaves, and I didn't even change anything with gauntlets. I'm standing there wearing full plate and chain, it's totally doable, but none of them have spawned with it, dunno what's up.

As a test I removed the socks, sandals, mittens, and such, to leave the only viable options as gloves+gauntlets and leather+metal boots, they just show up wearing the gloves/leather boots in the mead halls and taverns and such, so it's not just bandits with patchy armor in my experience.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 01:08:35 am by Max™ »

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 21, 2016, 04:18:23 am »

Confirm that the winxp executable works but i observe the same crash after quitting the game as other people do.
It did not crash while df saved my quick tested adventurer exploring his hamlet, it's only after completely quitting the game that a message about the executable having encountered an error appears.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #57 on: June 21, 2016, 06:39:01 am »

Or Toady One maybe has a different compile with static linking.

on visual studio go to Project tab -> properties - > configuration properties -> C/C++ -> Code Generation. on runtime library choose /MTd for debug mode and /MT for release mode.

This will cause the compiler to imbue the runtime into the app.  The executable will be bigger, but it will run without any need of runtime dlls.
Switching to the statically linked C runtime will actually cause some very significant problems for the modding community (specifically for DFHack), so we would be quite grateful if that particular option could be avoided. Installing the redistributable 32-bit MSVC 2015 runtime (or placing all of the necessary DLLs in the program directory) should be sufficient for all users.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 06:41:03 am by Quietust »
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 21, 2016, 07:43:30 am »

PTW

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 21, 2016, 09:26:12 am »

Ok, so I have Windows 10, 64bits, the 0.43.03 worked perfectly, 0.43.04 not starting. Both the small and regular version gives two errors in the following order:
1 - Program can't start because MSVCP140.dll is missing

2 - Program can't start because VCRUNTIME140.dll is missing

Putting the msvcp140.dll file Toady linked back in the first page doesn't fix the game, it still doesn't start and instead the executable returns the second error twice.
1 - Program can't start because VCRUNTIME140.dll is missing

2 - Program can't start because VCRUNTIME140.dll is missing

I guess copying the VCRUNTIME140.dll library to the game folder will fix it, however the new df.exe Toady gave in the second page works too and without the need of copying the MSVCP140.dll library.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 28