Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mushroom trouble  (Read 1669 times)

Brunhidden

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Baruk Khazâd!
    • View Profile
Mushroom trouble
« on: June 20, 2016, 09:36:31 pm »

okay i was quite pleased to see the mushroom selection was upgraded in masterwork now, to think an underground society only had ONE edible mushroom. however i had a bit of a problem i want to see if anyone else has had or solved

when i embarked i had seeds for each kind of mushroom as well as five of each just to be sure, and immediately after starting the tunneling made a makeshift food dump and still and was easily able to produce dwarven cider and dwarven brandy. fst forward two seasons to when my mining has prepared suitable farmland, a real tavern with dedicated cooking/brewing stockpiles deep underground where they should be

however now i am completely unable to brew glowcaps, whitecaps, bluecaps, portabellas, or truffles. i have plenty, a barrel of each and dwarves regularly eat them instead of going for my cooked food. why? could i only brew the ones i took with me and not ones i farmed myself? is my specialized stockpile system unliked? the heck?

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
Re: Mushroom trouble
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2016, 10:45:10 pm »

stockpile links?

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2016, 10:45:37 pm »

long ago i swore off putting seeds in barrels, and any items in bins... - and - stockpiling across z-levels, and paying more attention to burrows. =) any of those help your situation?

Brunhidden

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Baruk Khazâd!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2016, 11:57:57 pm »

no stockpiles are linked, near the distillery is a stockpile of just empty barrels and a small 2 tile large stockpile accepting only one kind of plant for each kind of plant i care about and a seperate 'whatever the herbalists find' stockpile

it just inst showing brewing those mushrooms an option, itll still let me rwe whatever else i have laying around

jimboo

• Bay Watcher
  • Bastart
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2016, 05:51:33 am »

Something similar's been happening with me, sometimes the Textiles group won't use thread that we've produced ourselves.  It's an on-and-off again thing, I haven't figured enough out about it to post as a possible bug but 50+% of the time, removing the stockpile and then replacing it with a linked stockpile works -- for a time.  Then everything stops again.  This happens most with Embroidery but I've seen screenshot from others, thought it was just my basic incompetence, somehow.  But now sounds like maybe the same as your experience, just with a different resource. 
Good walls make for good neighbors. -- Urist Frost
Avatar photo credit: NomeDaBoy@Worth1000.com, reposted from BoingBoing.net (great site)