Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Is it already 64bit?  (Read 1130 times)

§k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Is it already 64bit?
« on: June 20, 2016, 11:14:59 pm »

This morning I downloaded df_43_04_win.zip, and unzipped it. When I started dwarf fortress.exe, it said that it is not a valid win32 application.

Then I tried downloading df_43_03_win.zip and starting 43.3, and it started normally.
All of them are wearing copper and Iron masks saying "in a time before time somebody attacked somebody"

Show undead posts since last visit.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
Re: Is it already 64bit?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2016, 11:17:50 pm »

This morning I downloaded df_43_04_win.zip, and unzipped it. When I started dwarf fortress.exe, it said that it is not a valid win32 application.

Then I tried downloading df_43_03_win.zip and starting 43.3, and it started normally.
It's still a 32-bit application, but Toady ran into some problem compiling the Windows version (he mentioned the compiler blowing up on him a couple times, and I'm guessing it's related to that).  There is an ongoing discussion about it in the DF Announcements thread.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

§k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2016, 11:19:12 pm »

Thanks! I will try later.
All of them are wearing copper and Iron masks saying "in a time before time somebody attacked somebody"

§k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2016, 11:32:35 pm »

I downloaded df_xp_test.exe, and it seems to work. That's great!