Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Little compailing help with lcs V4.10.0?  (Read 1878 times)

the_shadows

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Little compailing help with lcs V4.10.0?
« on: June 21, 2016, 05:51:30 am »

I tried to compail newest version of lcs v4.10.0 which is avaiable here: https://github.com/Kamal-Sadek/Liberal-Crime-Squad/releases/tag/v4.10.0 . I used Code::Blocks with newest version of MinGW and tried to compile windows version. What i undredstood from COMPAIL_README it should be pritty easy job with code::blocks and MinGW but i just get some error related to ncurses while compailing. Error is:
ld.exe cannot find -lncurses
error: ld returned 1 exit status.

COMPAIL_README did not say do i need to install ncurses or how to install it, so im bit confused how to fix problem on Windows.

If anyone knows what is the problem it would help a lot.

zaimoni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Little compailing help with lcs V4.10.0?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2016, 11:12:05 am »

NCurses does not exist on Windows.  As part of fixing the build instructions for that version of LCS, you'll need to use PDCurses (or a descendant) instead.

the_shadows

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2016, 02:08:35 am »

I installed pdcruses and just got more errors including cannot find -lncurses. So I assume that I have to change something so it tries to use pdcurses instead of ncurses. Other errors are now C:\CodeBlocks\pdcurses\win32\pdcurses.a(addstr.o):addstr.c|| multiple definition of `addstr'|
and C:\CodeBlocks\pdcurses\win32\pdcurses.a(addstr.o):addstr.c|| multiple definition of `mvaddstr'|

I have very little coding expirience so COMPAIL_README does not help much.

zaimoni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2016, 10:07:23 am »

Ok, this could get painful.  I didn't have nearly as much trouble building PDCurses, but it was a few years ago.

PDCurses is meant to be built as a C library.  My build process was somewhat different (MingW32 4.3.3, autoconf build using the MingW32 bash); I ended up with a libpdcurses.a which I put in my c:\usr\local\lib.  I link this with -lpdcurses .

Kamal-Sadek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2016, 11:47:18 pm »

That's completely my bad. You need to conditionally set the flags in Code::Blocks depending on what platform you're compiling for. Will definitely update ASAP to prevent future confusion, and will update here when I dig up the flags for the windows port. Probably going to have to wait until the weekend though. Sorry the_shadows!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 11:59:20 pm by Kamal-Sadek »