Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22]

Author Topic: [47.04] Spellcrafts Mod - Basic Magic in Dwarf Fortress  (Read 76807 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • Never stabs friends, promise!
    • View Profile
Re: [47.04] Spellcrafts Mod - Basic Magic in Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #315 on: December 29, 2020, 03:06:58 am »

I have no idea if that would work, but sure, I could add blood sucking to their bite attack. If you go into creature_spellcrafts_megabeasts and search "CREATURE:SPELLCRAFTS_PRIMEVAL_VAMPIRE" and then search "[ATTACK:BITE" it should take you to their bite attack, and you can paste in [SPECIALATTACK_SUCK_BLOOD:100:1000] after the [ATTACK_FLAG_CANLATCH] line, and that should let you do it in your next playthrough without waiting for an update, which will be a couple weeks at least because I'm tracking down a crash issue with ghouls (I think) right now.

[edit]

I did test it and it will in fact result in acquiring any ingestible enters_blood syndromes, youre correct. So I'll include it in the next update. You'd have to bite several times to kill even a kobold from blood loss, though, unless you turn the maximum amount up to like 10,000, then there's a chance of killing humans and dwarves with only a few bites.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 07:47:42 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

pietrko

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: December 31, 2020, 05:54:56 am »

Is anyone playing this mod with some graphic tileset (Mephs/Vettlingr's)?
Could you share your setup?
I wonder if it would be possible to use that mod with LNB?

Kyuuketsuki_23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: January 11, 2021, 01:49:04 pm »

I have no idea if that would work, but sure, I could add blood sucking to their bite attack. If you go into creature_spellcrafts_megabeasts and search "CREATURE:SPELLCRAFTS_PRIMEVAL_VAMPIRE" and then search "[ATTACK:BITE" it should take you to their bite attack, and you can paste in [SPECIALATTACK_SUCK_BLOOD:100:1000] after the [ATTACK_FLAG_CANLATCH] line, and that should let you do it in your next playthrough without waiting for an update, which will be a couple weeks at least because I'm tracking down a crash issue with ghouls (I think) right now.

[edit]

I did test it and it will in fact result in acquiring any ingestible enters_blood syndromes, youre correct. So I'll include it in the next update. You'd have to bite several times to kill even a kobold from blood loss, though, unless you turn the maximum amount up to like 10,000, then there's a chance of killing humans and dwarves with only a few bites.

I'm sorry to hurry you but I wish to inquire, how is the update going? When will it be out?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • Never stabs friends, promise!
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: January 12, 2021, 03:30:50 am »

I dont have a good answer for that, Im still working on bugs, it could be a couple weeks or next month. The ghouls are still acting up and causing crashes in worldgen, for one.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22]