Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Optional addon packs (see page 12 for info) - yay or nay?

Yay
Nay

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 27

Author Topic: [47.05] ZM5's Mod Depository - Shadowlands Update  (Read 139619 times)

Chaikhou-L-Jabal

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: [43.05] ZM5's Mod Depository - Beasts of Argus!
« Reply #135 on: September 10, 2017, 08:41:58 am »

I'm using it with the Starterpack myself, but am unfortunately unable to get past Adventure Mode character creation without the game crashing. The mod works fine in the Arena, but no dice on adventure mode. My installation steps go like this:
1. Extract fresh copy of StarterPack 43.05-r08
2. Open StarterPack and switch the graphics pack to Spacefox (I do this first as to not overwrite the mod)
3. Move the raw and data files from ZM5's Modpack lite folder over to Dwarf Fortress 0.43.05 folder, selecting 'yes' when prompted to replace some files.
4. Open the starterpack again, selecting 'no' when prompted to import old data. I then start Dwarf Fortress.
5. I gen a world and then start an adventurer, only to have the game crash right after hitting enter on the final creation menu (the values one).

Are those steps similar to yours, or am I doing something wrong?
I found an error log ( https://pastebin.com/giEeTzM2 ) in the DF folder that might contain relevant info.

I did the same steps and here is my problem :
All of the creatures's sprites are messed up, most of the new ones have vermin sprites.
Is there any way to install a graphic pack with LNB and this mod ?
Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 08:44:46 am by Chaikhou-L-Jabal »

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: [43.05] ZM5's Mod Depository - Beasts of Argus!
« Reply #136 on: September 10, 2017, 11:16:32 am »

I don't use tilesets so admittedly I don't know what the issue would be. Sorry.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: [43.05] ZM5's Mod Depository - Loose Ends update
« Reply #137 on: September 15, 2017, 11:57:43 am »

I figured I'd release the next update, since it was growing to be large enough and may address some of the issues.

Anyway, this update both introduces a lot of new things and changes some things I wasn't quite happy with.

First off, the new creatures, I added quite a few new ones.
Spoiler: Mythological pack (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dragon's Dogma (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Warcraft (click to show/hide)

Lastly I added a race called the Creven - eyeless, large humanoids with bat-like heads that live in fortresses. They are mostly benign although as special abilities they can either fire a sonic wave to do strong blunt damage, or they can use a supersonic screech that causes dizziness and may cause bleeding in the organs (simulates rupturing them). They also utilize unique orb cannons as a ranged weapon, either firing regular blunt orbs or spiked ones that can do edged damage.

The major changes mostly include me taking the rarely-used blowgunner skill and changing the profession name for it for every playable civilized and wild race (excluding the vanilla ones anyway) to "Slinger" and "Elite Slinger", as a way to simulate npcs utilizing throwing weapons. Currently the weapon types are the throwing daggers, throwing axes (with a "tomahawk" variant thats used by more primitive races), javelins, and pila (unique to the Antiquans). Most races, barring a few exceptions, usually have access to one or more of these types of weapons.

Speaking of the Antiquans, they are no longer flesh and blood, instead being made out of stone - they no longer bleed either. I've revamped their civ file and they're a fair bit more aggressive now, and are ruled by a single Caesar instead of a pair of Consuls - they'll also take slaves and mutilate the bodies of the dead.
They also have some new armor and shield types - gone are the breastplates and mail shirts, instead they use Loricae. They also no longer have the average nondescript helms, instead having three different types - ridge helmets, galea helmets, or gladiator helmets - the gladiator helmets are also shared by the Ogres. They also have the Scutum and the Parma as two new shields - the former being particularly large and effective for blocking, and the latter more like a smaller but lighter buckler-type shield. Lastly, they also have the Caestus as a fist weapon.

Next up - I've changed the site types for a lot of the races. Orcs, Undead, Demons, Quilboars, Forest Trolls, Ogres, Osh-tekk, Night elves and Centaurs now all live in cities instead of their previous site types. I admit I struggle a lot with choosing the site types for each race since most of the time none of the available ones really fit - that said I figured the closest equivalent for them would be the regular town sites. I'd say its better for the players as well, given that, for now, the village/town sites are the most fleshed out site types.

Ogron are now a wild race that you may see in various biomes, instead of having civs. The Ancients, their corrupted counterparts and the Cenarians will be found in more biome types now - the same goes for a few other non-playable creatures who will now show in more aboveground biomes, but also won't be found underground, for example the Plague-dogs.

I added a few new plants from Warcraft to the arctic biomes to prevent some spawning issues with a few of the races that normally would appear there - the Icethorn, which can be used to produce pale blue dye, the Lichbloom, which can be made into a drink or into thread, the Frostweed, which has similar properties (but is slightly more common and its drink lacks an effect that I'll go into in the next paragraph), and the Icecap, which can be brewed into frosty ale. For non-arctic biomes I also included the Cinderbloom, which can brewed into dragon's brew, which temporarily gives you the ability to spit bolts of magma, and the Mageroyal, which can be brewed into mage's wine, which has a similar property to the lichwine, the drink extracted from the Lichbloom.

The property in question is a long-term immunity to magic after having consumed the beverage - I've added it as a way to counter many of the debilitations that you could come across, you'd only have to buy them from a tavern (the mageroyal is common in non-freezing biomes, whereas the lichbloom serves the same role in the ones that are freezing). I'll add a way to simply make them yourself later on. Banshees of both Scourge and Forsaken varieties also get an Anti-Magic Shell ability that gives the same effect.

Keep in mind that this is only for purely magical abilities (and only negative ones as well - you can still get protective buffs even while under the effect of that) - shouts, roars and songs of the Harpies and Sirens will still affect you, and so will the pain and blinding beam attacks of the Observer and the Searing Beam of the Darkglare. Also since you can't actively change material properties via modding it also doesn't work against fire spells of various kinds.

A few of the races/castes with abilities got slight changes or additions - for example the demon Jailers now can cause pain with their Anguish skill which was formerly called "Cause Insanity" and lacked that effect - the Annihilan now also have Howl of Terror like in Warcraft 3 - and like there it also causes a cut in the strength of those affected by it. Pandaren can also use a battle fury interaction now.

I've removed babysnatching from the Dark Dwarves for now - it's mostly so I can make another change, this one is mostly for fort mode players who use my mod. I've made most of the hostile races active in all seasons, and I also introduced some simple tiering to when they may start attacking you, based on your forts population:
Tier 1 (20 citizens) - Wolvar, Kobolds, Murlocs, Gnolls, Hozen, Virmen, Sand Trolls.
Tier 2 (50 citizens) - Feral Goblins, Forest Trolls, Ice Trolls, Dark Trolls, Blemmyae, Ogres, Centaurs, Two-humans, Tarkatans, Beastfolk, Fel Orcs, Quilboars, Saurok, Saberon, Troggs.
Tier 3 (80 citizens) - Faceless Ones, Mogu, Mantids, Scourge Undead, Demons, Fel Elves, Primals, Primal Beasts, Oni, Qiraji, Vespirans, Malformed, Corrupted Humans, Satyrs.

That's pretty much it - as a minor sidenote I revamped the language file for the beastfolk and the corrupted humans. Hope you guys enjoy it.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #138 on: September 24, 2017, 04:43:29 pm »

I've released a small update - added some new plants, fixed a duplication bug with the Oni civ file, gave Antiquans a Battle Fury interaction - I've also separated the inorganic_zm5 file into inorganic_zm5_misc and inorganic_zm5_ores, so delete the original file from raw/objects. I am eventually gonna add more types of ores - for now I want to focus on plants though.

EDIT: Forgot to mention - I also made a change to the pyromancers. Instead of raising the vanilla firemen, they raise "burning souls" - floating, burning skeletal torsos. They lack the fireball and fire jet attacks, however they are now innately hostile to living beings - they still radiate a high amount of heat so staying near them for prolonged amounts of time is dangerous.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 08:43:33 am by ZM5 »

cesarjunior233

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 06, 2017, 08:57:20 am »

Add warhammer fantasy races, or 40k if you can

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #140 on: October 06, 2017, 09:40:10 am »

Add warhammer fantasy races, or 40k if you can
Maybe as a project separate from this one. That's a very big "maybe" as well - I'm not familiar at all with Warhammer lore so I don't think I could do most of the races justice.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 09:46:45 am by ZM5 »

cesarjunior233

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 11, 2017, 06:55:20 am »

Add a way for heal scars, motor nerve damage, sensory nerve damage, wounds in general

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #142 on: October 11, 2017, 07:50:37 am »

Only way to heal wounds now is to have short-tick transformation spells. Which cure all wounds.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 11, 2017, 01:30:03 pm »

Will you have fun with the next DF updates's updates with pets?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #144 on: October 11, 2017, 03:49:29 pm »

Will you have fun with the next DF updates's updates with pets?
Oh definitely so. At first I'll just release a compatibility update with some initial groundwork for unique pets and a few miscellaneous creatures that I haven't gotten to before, along with a few changes to existing creatures.

Afterwards I'll make an update focused entirely on mechanical creatures and constructs. Dwarves, gnomes, the Warcraft-style goblins, demons, undead, and many others will get their own mechanical pets. Some will be shared between several races, like siege golems, but those will be relatively few.

Hoping this'll also allow intelligent animal person-esque races to be automatically added to certain civs. So Ogron will always be found in Ogre civilizations, Imps and Succubi in Demon civs, etc.

cesarjunior233

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 14, 2017, 08:04:35 am »

Which races/castes have this short tick transformation spells ?

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #146 on: October 14, 2017, 10:47:06 am »

None by default, you'd have to become an archdruid, death knight or voodoo priest - death knights may be found in towers amongst their ghouls. The others may be found in more varied locations - towns, camps, perhaps in towers with the other casters.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #147 on: October 15, 2017, 06:47:51 am »

Released a small update fixing some issues like traces of the ogron's entity still being present. Added some new plants as well.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #148 on: October 17, 2017, 05:06:29 pm »

Released an update - some major changes, so this post will be very long.

First of all, I've added several new ores and metals. I've also revamped Dark Iron and Khorium - the former is a lighter but also sharper version of regular iron - khorium is dense and sharp; however it is now absolutely terrible for armor.

As for the new metals, a list:
Mithril - shining white, light-weight metal, rarely found in small clusters in the igneous extrusive layers - while great for edged weapons, for blunt weapons you're better off with something else - its only very slightly heavier than divine metals.

Thorium - a very rare material - found either in small clusters in all layers of stone, or extremely rarely - 1% chance! - as veins in the metamorphic layer. It combines the density of lead with the strength of steel.

Arcanite - a material made from Thorium that further improves on its best qualities - only Orcs, Tauren and Jungle Trolls will make equipment out of it; of course, they won't part with it for cheap.

Truesilver - a material rarely found in small clusters alongside native silver. It is very slightly stronger than iron, albeit with the density of silver.

Fel Iron - found in small clusters with the other ores of iron (magnetite, limonite and hematite) at a 3% chance - it is lighter but also much sharper than iron.

Eternium - a rare metal - occasionally when smelting Fel Iron or Khorium you may get Eternium as well. It is sharper than fel iron (can be sharpened to an even higher edge as well), and also heavier - however, it makes for poor armor.

Felsteel - a material only made by demonic races (Demons, Satyrs, Fel Orcs, Fel Elves, and Corrupted Humans) - heavier than both Eternium and Fel Iron, and can be sharpened to the same extent as Eternium.

Hardened Khorium - a hardened form of khorium - it can be made by dwarves (unless you use the lite or standalone Warcraft versions of the pack) and many other races who atleast have some basic knowledge of metallurgy. It can only be used to make highly protective but also heavy armor.

Saronite - a cursed metal - you may find "dormant saronite" in singular bits in all layers of stone, however dwarves don't actually know how to work it - only thing its useful for in this state is highly valuable trinkets. On the other hand, the Faceless Ones, Undead, and Nerubians know how to make bars out of it - it makes for medium-density, incredibly sharp weapons and durable armor. Nerubians are your only way of getting the material via trading - of course, they will not part with it for cheap.

Titanium - a metal rarely found in small clusters in all igneous layers. While heavy, it makes for great armor - it cannot be used for weapons at all, however.

Titansteel - a material created by races with a connection to the Titans - Iron Guardians, Frost Vrykul, Draconians, and regular Vrykul. It is as dense as titanium, however it is even more protective, and can be used for highly effective edged weapons. It is just as expensive as Arcanite.

Ghost Iron - a material found near the ores of regular iron - magnetite, hematite and limonite. It shares most properties of iron - however it is MUCH lighter - lighter than divine metals infact, which makes it a poor choice for blunt weapons. It has another property, however - incorporeal beings and ghosts - Ethereals, Banshees, Spectres and Val'kyr, take much more damage from Ghost Iron.

Elunite - a light purple material found rarely in small clusters in all stone layers. Dwarves don't know how to work it, and so can only use raw elunite for medium-value trinkets. The only race that knows how to work it are the Night Elves, who can make lightweight but sturdy armor and sharp weapons from it.

I've also revamped the tiering a bit. The current sieger tiers would look like this:

Tier 1 (20 citizens) - Wolvar, Kobolds, Murlocs, Gnolls, Hozen, Virmen, Sand Trolls.
Tier 2 (50 citizens) - Feral Goblins, Forest Trolls, Ice Trolls, Dark Trolls, Blemmyae, Ogres, Centaurs, Two-humans, Tarkatans, Beastfolk, Fel Orcs, Quilboars, Saurok, Saberon, Troggs.
Tier 3 (80 citizens) - Mogu, Mantids, Fel Elves, Oni, Qiraji, Vespirans, Malformed, Corrupted Humans, Satyrs.
Tier 4 (110 citizens) - Scourge Undead, Demons, Faceless Ones, Naga, Primal Beasts, Primals.

Yes, you've read that right - the Naga have dropped the charade and are now a hostile race, in the same "faction" as the Faceless Ones or Qiraji.
They'll send out snatchers, and unlike some other races, will not bother with minor ambushers.

A small thing to note here - some of the races also will not come unless you have a certain amount of created/exported wealth. For example, the Naga, Primals, and Faceless Ones can come to your fort once you reach 110 citizens - however, the Scourge and Demons will not invade your fort unless you have atleast 100000 created wealth and atleast 10000 exported wealth.

I've revamped the Archdruid knowledge type - instead its now split up into four different druids - Druids of the Moon, Druids of the Claw, Druids of the Talon, and Druids of the Fang.

Their transformations are the Moonkin (Moon), Guardian Bear (Claw), Storm Crow (Talon), and Feral Panther (Fang) - so same as before, only split up, with the Storm Crow being a newcomer - its a large flier that can shoot energy bolts as a projectile that causes blunt damage.

Each also use two other spells, most are borrowed from the Ancients - Moon has Barkskin and Sleep - Claw has Regrowth and Battle Roar (a 200% strength increase that you can use on yourself and your allies - also makes the affected more brave) - Talon has Cyclone and Faerie Fire - and Fang has Mark of the Wild and Swiftness (self-buff that increases agility to 400%).

Paladins got a slight change - they can see demonic, undead, and eldritch creatures in unexplored areas, similarly to how demon hunters see demons or vanilla vampires see warm-blooded creatures. Demons are light green circles, Undead are purple, and Eldritch beings are light blue. Their "Turn Undead" spell also is now called "Turn Evil" - on top of affecting undead, it affects demons and eldritch beings too, having the same effects.

Regarding the plants, since I was adding quite a few new types in recent updates I didn't mention specifically what they are and what they do (most of the ones I added got tweaks anyway), so here's a list:
Cinderblooms - found in deserts and savannas - can be brewed into "Dragon's Brew", which aside from satisfying thirst allows you to temporarily spit globs of magma.

Icethorn - found in taigas, glaciers and tundras - can be made into icy blue dye.

Lichbloom - found in glaciers, tundras and taigas - can be brewed into Lichwine, which - very importantly - makes you completely immune to magic - this includes most of the abilitiess utilized by megabeasts - the only exceptions are physical vapors/gases or sound-based abilities (the Gronn's shout, for example). It can also be spun into soulweave thread.

Mageroyal - found in any non-freezing biome. Can be brewed into Mage's Wine, which also makes you immune to magic.

Icecap - found in tundras, taigas and glaciers - the drink brewed from it is called Frosty Ale - doesn't have any special properties.

Frostweed - found in tundras, taigas and glaciers - can be spun into Frostweave thread.

Wintersbite - found in tundras, taigas and mountains - can be spun into Iceweave thread.

Snow lily - found in savage temperate coniferous forests, tundras, taigas and glaciers. Makes azure dye.

Coldwind trees - found in tundras, taigas and glaciers - drops cones that can be brewed into a drink called Coldwind Ale.

Sungrass - found in savage sandy deserts and temperate coniferous forests. Makes golden yellow dye.

Firebloom - found in the deserts. Its leaves are edible.

Mana Tree - found in good tropical forests - appears quite distinct with white bark and light blue leaves.
Drops mana fruit that can be brewed into Arcwine - drinking it makes you immune to petrifaction-inducing spells - it also doubles endurance and recuperation for a long duration.

Felweed - found in evil deserts and mountains - can be spun into Felweave thread.

Golden lotus - found in savannas and grasslands. Can be brewed into Pandaren Ale, which temporarily has a chance of giving you better combat rolls.

Mana Thistle - found in good forests. Can either be spun into Spellweave thread or be brewed into mana brew, which like Arcwine makes you immune to petrifaction spells - also sets endurance to 125% of its normal for a long duration.

Deadnettle - found in evil glaciers, tundras and taigas - can be spun into Ebonweave thread.

Nightmare Vine - found in evil rocky wastelands - can be spun into Netherweave thread.

Adder's Tongue - found in savage tropical forests - makes jade dye.

Sorrowmoss - found in evil tropical swamps. Can be brewed into sorrow beer - which temporarily makes the dwarves feel sadness.

Plaguebloom - found in evil temperate forests - can be brewed into Slimy Ale, which temporarily triples Disease Resistance for a duration.

Dreaming Glory - found in good mountains - can be brewed into Victory Glorious Gin, which for a long duration triples recuperation.

Lastly, some changes to the races. I removed SLOW_LEARNER from most castes that had them - instead I fine-tuned the skill growths they had - for the Warcraft pack that only included the regular one-headed Ogres and Naga Brutes - however, the Fel Brutes of my Corrupted Humans still have that - I'll remove it for the next update.

For now though, these castes learn combat skills at higher rates than normal - however, for more delicate jobs like medical jobs, gem setting/cutting, and obviously performer and scholar jobs, they learn them at 25% the usual rate.

I've added a new caste to the ogres as well - called Primal Ogres -  they are supposed to be the Ogre Lords introduced in TBC. They are twice as large as the other ogres, and even dumber. If you get one as a migrant or citizen in your fort, don't even bother making them into doctors, scholars or poets - they learn scholarly and performer jobs at 5% of the usual rate, and medical jobs at 10%. Their combat skill rates, however, are even higher than those of the standard ogres.

Some of the castes also had their flight taken away - the Jailers and Inquisitors of the Demons, the Forsaken Banshees, as well as the Spectres, Liches, Shades, and Banshees of the Scourge can no longer fly - their "walk" gaits are renamed to "hover" instead.

As a request from a person on the subreddit, for the Lite pack I renamed the Warcraft creatures that have "common" names to distinguish them from the vanilla DF equivalents - so Rat Kobolds, Tinkerer Goblins and Gorian Ogres are the Warcraft-style ones, whereas the ones without suffixes are the regular DF ones.

Some of the races had minor changes to which biomes they spawn in - Undead, Ice Trolls, Frost Vrykul, Tuskarr, Nerubians and Faceless Ones can now spawn in the tundras, due to more plant types being available there.

Lastly, new additions - I've added some more miscellaneous Warcraft creatures - no new mythological beings or Dragon's Dogma stuff - two new races, the Snobolds and Sporelings - Snobolds are arctic-dwelling kobolds who live in caves and will harass you with thieves; Sporelings are friendly, but small and cowardly wetland dwellers - they make razor wood equipment similarly to Primals, and will sell it to your forts. They live in forest retreats.

In terms of predators, the new additions are the Giant Yeti, the smaller but more common Dire Yeti, the Arcane Wyrm, the Threshadons, the Dune Worms, which are small critters, the Axebeaks, Dark Keepers, which are playable, as well as the Wenidgos and Sasquatches (Horned Sasquatches in the Lite version) - Wendigos and Sasquatches also have spellcaster variants that will buff their allies and which are capable of speech - called the Wendigo Shamans and Sasquatch Oracles. All are described more in-depth in the readme files. Also, the regular vanilla Yeti and Sasquatch are renamed to Snowhide and Dire Ape, respectively - only in the full pack, however.

I also expanded the Seven Deadly Sins pack - instead of the full megabeast versions being found in towns as a result of deity curses, lesser versions will instead be created and ran off from towns into lairs. These lesser incarnations act more like Werebeasts in that regard, and aren't quite as difficult, being "incomplete" versions of the greater incarnations - the original Seven Sins megabeasts can still take over civs, though.

That's it - hope you guys enjoy it.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, sorry - I've included the creatures I made for the RAW travesties thread that I made a while back - I updated the Saber Shaman's spells to properly react to magic immunity spells.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 06:48:24 pm by ZM5 »

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #149 on: October 18, 2017, 02:37:58 pm »

Minor bugfix...apparently, if a creature has the NIGHT_CREATURE_HUNTER token and has a biome token set, it will spawn in the wild as though its a wild creature - even if it doesn't have population numbers and cluster numbers. I removed the biome tokens for the lesser sin incarnations so they shouldn't show up in the wild anymore.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 27