Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Optional addon packs (see page 12 for info) - yay or nay?

Yay
Nay

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 27

Author Topic: [47.05] ZM5's Mod Depository - Shadowlands Update  (Read 139209 times)

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: [43.05] ZM5's Mod Depository - Loose Ends update
« Reply #150 on: October 19, 2017, 04:23:57 am »

Released another bugfix involving the transformations - some of them would slow to a crawl when holding anything, that shouldn't happen now.

cesarjunior233

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 26, 2017, 02:11:23 pm »

How to play as medusa ??

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #152 on: October 26, 2017, 04:37:03 pm »

They're megabeasts, so not possible.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 26, 2017, 04:44:38 pm »

Add [OUTSIDER_CONTROLLABLE] to the medusa's raws.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #154 on: October 26, 2017, 05:00:44 pm »

Well yeah, that'd work, you'd just have everything be hostile to you since they're still megas.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 26, 2017, 05:05:23 pm »

Megas are automatically hostile? I though Toady had to add Large_predator to them at some point?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #156 on: October 26, 2017, 05:28:11 pm »

Its definitely the megabeast token - IIRC a lot of animal people in vanilla have LARGE_PREDATOR but aren't hostile.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #157 on: October 27, 2017, 10:50:49 am »

Released a small update - adds Dire Orcs and Trolls, though right now, aside from Dire Pale Orcs, you wont see them in the wild. Its groundwork for the next version, where the appropriate types will be pets to their own civs.

However, even now you can become one if you're an orc or a troll - I added some minor alchemy reactions for adventure mode, with the help of Hugo the Dwarf.

You can make three potions right now - Anti-Magic potion, Brew of Strength, and Volatile Brew of Strength. Anti-magic potion's function is obvious; brew of strength provides a long-term strength  and endurance buff; volatile brew of strength provides an even bigger buff to those, however at the end of the duration it causes drowsiness - on top of that, it transforms orcs and trolls that consume it into their Dire counterparts.

Dire Orcs/Trolls all have berserker rage, and are much stronger and larger than their original versions - however they are less agile, and also have slower learning rate for skills.

The recipes for those are all simple enough. The brew of strength requires a firebloom leaf and a golden lotus seed - the volatile brew requires those plus a cinderbloom leaf and a cinderbloom seed. Meanwhile the anti-magic potion requires any meat, any bone, and any drink-producing fruit. All also require an empty waterskin or flask.

I did minor changes to some existing plants and their products - to make them still relevant, mage's wine and Lichwine both provide attribute buffs when you drink them, on top of magic immunity - mage's wine increases endurance and focus, whereas lichwine increases toughness and focus. Felweave clothing also is now immune to heat or cold damage.

Lastly, I changed the Sayaadi a bit to be more like their Warlock pet counterparts - for one, instead of the lusty stare that just caused positive moodlets, they have Seduction, which has a 15% chance of driving a creature berserk, induces arousal and makes them more lust prone, while also cutting willpower and focus in half. Also causes erratic behavior but thats a more fort-mode only thing.

On top of that, their nails are capable of causing more harm now, due to being sharper, and they have a new attack - a slow but painful rake attack with their nails - its supposed to simulate the Lash of Pain ability. Here, it causes additional pain and bleeding to the target, and also any attacks against them have their force and potential damage increased fivefold.

Hope you guys enjoy it for now, can't wait for the next update so I can start making mechanical beings!

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #158 on: October 27, 2017, 11:23:47 am »

Why wait to make mechanical beings? They're super fun to make :P

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #159 on: October 27, 2017, 12:04:54 pm »

I am doing some basic work on them, actually! However, I'm not releasing them yet since they wouldn't actually be present at all in the game world aside from engravings. Would be more than a tad odd for machines to just pop up in the wild. The next version should alleviate that though with entity-specific pets.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #160 on: October 29, 2017, 08:04:34 am »

I released a really minor update - mostly just tying up stuff I haven't done before, so I can focus on making things immediately compatible once the new version comes out.

I've added throwing hammers to dark dwarves and (if you're using the full pack) regular dwarves - I also changed the soldier profession names for succubi and the female-only mythological creatures - they're now weapon maidens and weapon ladies.

Lastly, I removed the [POWER] token from all megas that had them - I won't actually bring it back until Toady fixes megabeasts being immediately hostile even when they're civ leaders.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #161 on: November 12, 2017, 11:37:02 am »

So, Blizzard announced a new expansion pack - sure has some interesting stuff.

I'll add those in once the names and lore are available (also once the npc names are available so I can actually generate proper languages) - don't know wheter the witches will be like "animal people" or a mono-gendered hostile civ (with their wickerman-esque constructs as unique civ pets).

I admit its somewhat unfortunate since in terms of races, I already had the elementals (water, fire, earth, air) planned, as well as a "faction" race that'd consist of Twilight's Hammer-esque elemental cultists (a few basic castes to represent initiate cultists, ogres and orcs with actual magic power, the elemental ascendants, something to represent Cho'galls model, and the Elementium Monstrosity boss. Oh well. I am making things more modular so if you think its too much you'll be able to delete whichever races you dont want.

That's gonna be on top of the non-"civilized" elementals I'm gonna add. However thats still a bit away - I wanna focus on some other stuff first, but that's gonna be only once Toady releases the new version.

I already have the new mechanical constructs prepared for it, for now most of them are dummied out, but they'll actually exist in the world once the civ pet tokens are available.

Got some extra stuff done as well - mostly some different non-megabeast dragon types that'll also be used for civ pets (though they will pop up in the wild in specific areas) - also 3 megabeasts in the "construct" vein - Stone and Metal Golems for the DD pack, and the Clockwork Giant for the Warcraft pack.

I also added Infinite Draconians as a race - they'll be hostile in fort mode as tier 4 invaders. Forsaken will also become a playable fort mode race - first time doing new buildings and adding new reactions to have a gimmick for a race, so it'll be somewhat awkward, but I hope you guys will enjoy it once the new version comes out.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #162 on: November 22, 2017, 07:45:05 pm »

Another small preview of what I'm working on in preparation for the next version:

To any people who played vanilla WoW, this should sound familiar - if not, well, you're in for a treat.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: [44.02] ZM5's Mod Depository - Mech Update
« Reply #163 on: November 24, 2017, 07:32:25 am »

Compatibility update, and with it, I added quite a lot of new creatures, particularly unique pets to various races.
Spoiler: New Megabeasts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Other new creatures (click to show/hide)
Lastly, as I mentioned before, I added Infinite Draconians as a new race - they are essentially evil Draconians that require no sustenance or sleep, and feel no fear. They are tier 4 invaders. Their castes are mostly similar, however the Drakonar can cast Slow, and also breathe Temporal Breath, cutting the agility and speed of those affected.

Something you guys may like is that I also made the Forsaken playable - they can build a unique Alchemy Lab, that allows them to make potions from various ingredients.
Since they do not require sustenance, you will have to make a tavern for them to actually drink them. Along with a few standard potions (strength, agility, toughness, etc.) they have two unique ones - the potion of blight and plague potion. Both provide strong attribute buffs to undead creatures such as the Forsaken themselves - however, they have adverse effects on the living. The potion of blight merely makes the living sick - however, the plague potion can drive the living berserk, so be careful. Both can be combined to make a burst of plague gas flow out of the workshop - while it has no effects on the undead, it can give the living high attribute buffs, plus various immunities and not requiring sustenance, so I recommend putting your war pets near the workshop while you're making it (requires temperature to be on, however) - of course, this has a low chance of backfiring, either making the creature outright bleed to death, or driving them berserk.

I added a few new spell knowledge types, and altered a few existing ones. Death Knights, for example, can cast Death and Decay now, and also had their Frost Shock replaced with Freezing Wind; and Biomancers no longer can cast Cripple, but instead can use Induce Rabies and Zombify - the former can cause a fever, nausea and coughing blood, with a low chance of inducing a berserk state, and the latter can outright make a creature opposed to the living. These also apply to a few caster castes of various races - most notably the Undead - their Liches can use Death and Decay and Frost Armor, as one example.

The new caster types:
Archnecromancer - a Warcraft-style Necromancer. They can raise the dead as either regular zombies, skeletons, or skeleton magi. They also can cast Unholy Frenzy, a strong buff that induces drowsiness after its duration, and the Biomancer's old Cripple spell.

Warlocks - mostly based on Affliction Warlocks - they have two projectiles (shadow bolts and felfire bolts), Unstable Affliction, Fear, Corruption, and several Curses - Agony, Weakness, Exhaustion, Recklessness, Fragility, Elements, and Doom. Only one curse can be on a target any given time. They are tougher to find, since they don't build towers.

Shaman - elemental casters, which have three different projectiles (lightning bolt, liquid lightning, magma bolt) - they also have four Shock spells - Paralyzing Shock, Earth Shock, Flame Shock, and Frost Shock - only one can be on a target at any time. They also can cast Hex and Bloodlust.

Arcanist - casters that use pure magic. They can use Arcane Missiles (hit up to 3 targets), Slow, Polymorph, and Arcane Intellect, which raises your focus and spatial sense.

Frost Mage - casters that use ice magic. They can hurl Frost Bolts and Liquid Frost - and additionally can cast Freezing Wind, and Frost Armor, which increases toughness.

Lastly, something I'm excited to introduce - I've gotten permission from Deon to include modified Wanderer crafting reactions. This'll let you to make the new weapons available in my pack - of course, this is only available in my full pack, since it requires vanilla raw changes. Big thanks to him!

EDIT: Ooh, I forgot to mention - the mechanical creatures have their own creature class - this makes them immune to a lot of spells, i.e anything relating to souls or energy, transformations, spells that cause bleeding, pain, nausea, etc. Slow still works, and a few spells will make them "corrode" away, like Corruption or Death and Decay. Lightning spells and abilities are devastating, however - aside from having a higher paralysis chance, mechanical creatures may go haywire when zapped - essentially it makes them go berserk and attack everyone indiscriminately.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 10:02:13 am by ZM5 »

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: [44.02] ZM5's Mod Depository - Mech Update, playable Forsaken
« Reply #164 on: November 24, 2017, 05:13:56 pm »

Minor bugfix - noticed some of the material template files in the full pack were missing reaction classes.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 27