Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Optional addon packs (see page 12 for info) - yay or nay?

Yay
Nay

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 27

Author Topic: [47.05] ZM5's Mod Depository - Shadowlands Update  (Read 139331 times)

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: [44.04] ZM5's Mod Depository - Second Addon - Warcraft Derivatives
« Reply #180 on: January 11, 2018, 07:01:31 am »

Updated full pack with the 44.04 version of DF - moved the 32-bit one to SDL as well, something I should have done earlier.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: [44.04] ZM5's Mod Depository - Ogres, Draenei and Gnomes Playable!
« Reply #181 on: January 14, 2018, 03:59:09 pm »

New update - no new creatures, however I went ahead and made 3 races playable in fortress mode, each with some of their own gimmicks. This also made me update some of the other entity files, to make sure they interact properly with Ogres.

First off - Gnomes. Their main disadvantage, as you'd guess, is that they're really small, smaller than dwarves - a lot of weapons they have to multigrasp. To make up for it, their innate mechanical pets are rather strong; another gimmick they have is making stronger, more usable mechanical variants of certain weapons.

At the forge, you can make different parts - frameworks, whirring gizmos, tubes, saws, cylinders, widgets, stabilizers, drills and gears. Afterwards, you can combine them with relevant weapons to make upgraded versions - for example, you can combine a short sword with a framework, a saw, a whirring gizmo, a widget and a gear to make the Bonechopper, which is basically a gnomish chain-sword. There's a few other ones as well - daggersaw, made from a large dagger; steam hammers, made from a war hammer; steam-pistol, made from a flintlock; heavy bolter, made from a crossbow; gearbreaker, made from a mace; borehammer, made from a war hammer; and the saw-spear, made from a spear.

Each requires different parts - on top of that, all of them also need a spanner - you don't need to make too many of those since they're preserved after each reaction. The bigger ones - saw-spear, heavy bolter and gearbreaker, also require a rivet gun, which is also preserved.

Last thing to note - while the steam-pistol uses regular bullets, albeit fired at a much higher velocity, the heavy bolter requires you to make razorhead bolts at a forge - they don't require any parts.

Next up, the Draenei - they have a bit of a higher emphasis on collecting gems than other races. This unfortunately required me to mess with vanilla raws a bit - in the raws-only version you can find instructions on how to make it work, should you also be using a mod that edits the default gems.

At a smelter, the Draenei can transmute ten rough gems into 8 bars of Arkonite, a unique, crystalline material used only by them. Its somewhat inbetween steel and iron, although lighter than both. Its main advantage is that it does vastly increased damage to demonic entities - "pure" demons, such as any of the legion demons and most of their demonic animals, or the Hellspawn caste of the Corrupted Humans, take 20x increased force damage from being hit with Arkonite; beings that are merely corrupted but not true demons, i.e Darkhounds, Fel Orcs, or all Corrupted Human castes with the exception of the Hellspawn, take 10x increased force damage.
However, creatures of the light - Valarjar, Valkyries, Vespirans and other Draenei take halved damage from it, meanwhile eldritch beings or creatures of the void, i.e Faceless Ones, Malformed, Void Wolves - are neither resistant to it, nor are they weak to it.
Another thing to note - Draenei take 10x increased force damage from Felsteel, Demonsteel and Saronite, and 5x increased force damage from Fel Iron. Lastly, their castes are all somewhat different in size. Male Draenei are the largest, then the Broken are in the middle, and lastly female Draenei are the smallest - all are still bigger than humans, however.

Lastly, the Ogres. They do not have any special reactions or metals - they aren't capable of hardening khorium, for example, but can still make steel; they also do not have any chainmail armor. Most of their differences lie in their different castes.

Regular Ogres and Primal Ogres learn most labors really slowly - 25% rate for regular Ogres, and only 10% for Primal Ogres - so you most likely won't get any quality products from them at any reasonable rate. Two-headed Ogres learn them at normal rates, however - though, they are also more rare than normal Ogres; not quite as rare as Primal Ogres.

All Ogres have increased learning rates for the fighter, wrestling, striking, mace, hammer and axe skills. Regular ogres learn wrestling and striking at 3x the usual rate, but also learn maces, hammer and axes at only 1.5x the usual rate - meanwhile, Two-headed Ogres and Primal Ogres learn all of those at 2x the usual rate. However, they have decreased learning rates for ambushing, at 20% of the normal - also, due to not being fond of ranged weaponry, they learn all ranged weapon skills at half the usual rate; they'd rather get up close and personal with their foes.

If you have a tavern, prepare for a lot of bar fights - alcohol combined with the violence inherent in Ogres does not make for a good combination.

Lastly, they have a somewhat different set of invaders and allies than the other playable races. You'll most likely be doing trade with the likes of Forest Trolls, Gnolls and other primitive, savage races. As for their invaders, here are their tiers (including derivative races):

Tier 1 (20 citizens) - Sporelings, Gorlocs, Osh-Tekk.
Tier 2 (50 citizens) - Tuskarr, Taunka, Mok'nathal, Hill Dwarves, Jinyu, Furbolgs, Fel Murlocs, Two-Humans, Arakkoa.
Tier 3 (80 citizens) - Draenei, Alpine Tauren, Antiquans, Tauren, Pandaren, Night Elves, Mag'har, Jungle Trolls, Dark Dwarves, Fel Orcs, Fel Tauren, Neferset, Chaos Orcs, Frostborn, Orcs, Zandalari Trolls, Fel Elves, Corrupted Humans, Worgen, Vespirans, Mantid, High/Blood Elves, Creven, Tol'vir, Dwarves, Humans, Elves, Devilkin (or vanilla goblins).
Tier 4 (110 citizens) - Gnomes, Goblins, Erebi, Draconians, Vrykul, Valarjar, Nightborne, Nerubians, Iron Guardians, Highborne, Frost Vrykul, Forsaken, Ethereals, Drogbar, Scourge Undead, Primals, Demons, Satyrs, Qiraji, Naga, Malformed, Faceless Ones.

I've done some minor changes to other parts of the pack as well - fixed some typos (ones I spotted anyway), changed the dialogue a bit for the Seven Deadly Sins, since some parts were a tad unfitting in terms of tone.

Lastly, for the raws-only version of the full pack as well as the Warcraft-only part of it, I included a folder with instructions on how to install some of the stuff that requires vanilla raw changes, should you want it or incase you want to make it compatible with some other mod.

Thats it, hope you guys enjoy this update!
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 06:00:01 pm by ZM5 »

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 01, 2018, 12:02:28 am »

Impressive! I'll be sure to check out the new races on a later date.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #183 on: February 01, 2018, 05:38:43 am »

Thanks! Lemme know if you come across any issues.

Hasthol

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 07, 2018, 02:06:36 pm »

I have a problem. Gnomes cannot use picks. Propably because they are too small.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #185 on: February 07, 2018, 03:04:32 pm »

Hm, yeah it does appear to be the case - I'll add their own excavation tool next update (should be soon now - it'll be a fairly major one).

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: [44.05] ZM5's Mod Depository - Elemental Unrest
« Reply #186 on: February 08, 2018, 06:47:02 pm »

Released a new update - this one is mostly elemental-themed, though I've snuck in a few miscellaneous creatures. Void beings make an appearance as well.

First off, for the minor stuff I fixed a few details that were off or wrong - i.e the krokul had reddish skin rather than blue and so on. Gnomes have drill gauntlets now instead of pickaxes - so they're usable for mining. Unlike pickaxes, their attack is piercing rather than slashing. Val'kyr, Ethereals and Shades were also rebalanced - they shouldn't be as tough to kill now.

I added a few new materials - four of them are unique to certain races, one isnt. I've also made Obsidium a unique metal, instead of being available to all races.

Elementium - dark blue metal, found very rarely in single clusters in igneous, sedimentary and metamorphic layers. It can be sold for a high price, but is also very servicable in all regards - dense, protective, and also quite sharp.

Enchanted Elementium - an enhanced form of elementium. Its only utilized by the elementals as well as the Twilight Cultists. Its much more expensive, and all of elementiums properties, including density, are enhanced.

Incendicite - a reddish metal. While its ore can be found, none of the playable races know how to smelt it - its only used by fire elementals and Twilight Cultists. In its ore form its also not fire-safe. However, it is in its metal form, it is fire-safe.
Compared to other elemental metals, it is above-average in all regards. Its fairly sharp, but not as much as Aerocite or Obsidium - its fairly dense, but not as much as Hydrocite; its fairly protective, but not also not as much as Hydrocite.

Hydrocite - a dark teal metal, used by Water Elementals. As with other elemental metals, you can find its ore and use it for crafts, but you cannot smelt it. As a metal, its more dense than the other elemental metals, and also more protective, but also less sharp.

Aerocite - a white metal, used by Air Elementals. Its lighter than even Obsidium - while its not as sharp, it is more protective, and is still sharper than the other two metals.

I fully admit Aerocite and Hydrocite aren't actually metals present in Warcraft, however to keep with the gimmick of them having unique metals I figured I'd have to make something up.

Now, since most of the new creatures are elementals, I've made sure some interactions dont work on them - usually, the ones of their own element do not work, along with "related" elements. So, for example, fire spells dont work on fire elementals, ice and water spells dont work on water elementals, air and lightning dont work on air elementals, etc.

Here's the full list of new creatures - note that in terms of physical attacks, since most "intelligent" elementals are just torsos made of whatever element they belong to, their attacks consist only of headbutts, punches and scratches, unless noted otherwise.

Most elementals are also somewhat glass cannons - they are quite fragile, but their attacks are fairly strong, and they usually have special abilities to inflict debilitations on you or just cause damage from a distance.
Spoiler: Civilized Elementals (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Other Elementals (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Void Beings (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Other Creatures (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Warcraft Megabeasts (click to show/hide)

Well, thats it, hope you guys enjoy it! I'm gonna take a bit of a break from this, atleast until BfA comes out, to focus on my good/evil biome revamp.

I'll release some minor fixes and additions to the current two addons (crafting reactions for the Outworld Invaders one, some fixed details for the Derivatives one) tomorrow.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 07:08:52 pm by ZM5 »

Kingra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 09, 2018, 03:49:13 am »

The civ Elementals can't seem to open doors (or atleast the water and fire ones can't).
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 03:54:23 am by Kingra »

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #188 on: February 09, 2018, 05:29:02 am »

Thanks for letting me know - I uploaded the fix, alongside a slight alteration of the fire elemental language file, since they had some inappropriate words.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 09, 2018, 11:59:34 am »

Ooh, do you have a list of boss mobs from Molten core? 

I wonder if you can make civ called "Molten Core" and have castes made of the different bosses, including Ragnaros.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #190 on: February 09, 2018, 12:18:06 pm »

I'm mostly going on a model-by-model-basis - in that regard most of the creatures representing Molten Core enemies are in and are the "pets" of the fire elementals - molten giants, flamewakers, etc. Though, I would have to add in "magma elementals" as well, which would tbh just be recolours of regular earth elementas like in-game. For all intents and purposes though I would say going into a fire elemental fortress would be like going through MC to some extent - I only wish the KILL_NEUTRAL:REQUIRED ethic wasn't bugged and didn't lead into in-fighting.

The Avatar of Flame represents Ragnaros' model (though, moreso his Firelands version where he has legs).

Perhaps if Toady lets us have custom "dungeons" at some point a proper Molten Core remake would be possible, and I would love to make it.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 09, 2018, 01:39:46 pm »

The "pets" do make sense.  I would think that is similar to goblin dark pits with their per trolls and beak dogs.   

I would definitely play dungeon themed forts. 

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #192 on: February 09, 2018, 01:51:48 pm »

Basically yeah - I used the animal tokens to make sure those particular creatures are always included in Fire Elemental civs. Goblins don't actually use those tokens, but since they have access to evil animals trolls and beak dogs (which are both somewhat common) they almost always end up having populations of those.

Hasthol

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 09, 2018, 04:09:06 pm »

Battle axes are too large to some gnomes. Maybe something like saw-gloves?

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #194 on: February 09, 2018, 05:20:37 pm »

I should probably add that and remove the regular battle axes from them - they do admittedly have hatchets which are smaller and cheaper while fulfilling the same purposes - I'll release an update soon once I change up their weapon loadout a bit.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 27