Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Optional addon packs (see page 12 for info) - yay or nay?

Yay
Nay

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 27

Author Topic: [47.05] ZM5's Mod Depository - Shadowlands Update  (Read 139557 times)

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: [44.05] ZM5's Mod Depository - Elemental Unrest
« Reply #195 on: February 09, 2018, 05:58:57 pm »

Ok, done - I removed some of the vanilla weapons that were unusable by the gnomes in fort mode, and also lowered the size requirements for the modded ones that I still wanted them to keep - I added in those saw-gloves as well, and I switched the long sword in the bonechopper reaction for the short sword instead. Spears admittedly still won't be usable by soldiers, but you should be able to convert them into saw-spears which are.

I also updated the two addons currently out, as I've said - edited the entity file for the Leper Gnomes to reflect these changes, gave the Mag'har Wildstriders and Sand Crabs as innate pets, and I added adventure mode crafting reactions for the Shokan and Zaterran weapons from the additional MK races addon.

Kingra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 10, 2018, 03:22:58 pm »

Some more Things I found. 
Drudges of pride seem to be the only sin megabeast to spawn during worldgen.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 04:13:03 pm by Kingra »

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #197 on: February 10, 2018, 04:15:46 pm »

Ok, I uploaded the fix to the former into the lite and standalone versions of the pack, as it was just a line of text missing in the civilized elemental race file.

The latter seems to be worldgen shenanigans though - I've got atleast one of each "lesser" sin in the worlds I generate - their curses work on a similar logic as werebeasts so if a lot of figures don't deface temples you're unlikely to see the different ones.

Thanks for reporting these, by the way - it really helps.

WonderPsycho

• Bay Watcher
  • Necromancy Cultist, Any and All Pronouns
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 10, 2018, 05:02:34 pm »

hey ZM5 can add your mod depository to my modpack, i'm making a HUGE community developed modpack for dwarf fortress right now i'm trying to finish the first release so that the community could finally help me out with this modpack, so can i add your mod depository with my modpack as in the lite pack version and not the full pack.
GLORY UPON THE LORDS OF DEATH, PRAISE NECROMANCY!!

Zed Apocalypse Undead Infection Mini Mod
Civs+ Mod

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #199 on: February 10, 2018, 05:27:45 pm »

Sorry, I think I want this mod to remain independent for now.

WonderPsycho

• Bay Watcher
  • Necromancy Cultist, Any and All Pronouns
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: February 10, 2018, 05:43:11 pm »

Sorry, I think I want this mod to remain independent for now.
ok i'm fine with that.
GLORY UPON THE LORDS OF DEATH, PRAISE NECROMANCY!!

Zed Apocalypse Undead Infection Mini Mod
Civs+ Mod

Kingra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 20, 2018, 04:25:51 am »

The nightmare ancients from the warcraft derivative pack can't open doors.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #202 on: February 20, 2018, 04:47:06 am »

Ok, I uploaded the fix for that.

EDIT: Now that I'm looking through some stuff, I've noticed the same applies to the Ancients of the Arcane. Uploading a fix.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 04:56:05 am by ZM5 »

Kingra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 21, 2018, 08:45:33 am »

Found another bug.
Apparently the Geist brutes blade set's themselves on fire.
EDIT: nevermind it had to do with DFhack.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 09:18:56 am by Kingra »

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #204 on: February 21, 2018, 09:17:06 am »

Wait, what? I'll look into that more, but from the little cursory arena mode test I did I cannot reproduce it.

The materials for the blades are the regular metal template, and geists aren't fire-immune in general, so there shouldn't be an issue.

Kingra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 21, 2018, 09:22:04 am »

See edit to previous comment.
Basically using the Full-heal command on them sets their claws on fire for some inexplicable reason. Also instantly kills earthern whilst setting them on fire aswell. Probably has to do with those being custom things or something.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 09:24:45 am by Kingra »

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #206 on: February 21, 2018, 09:42:32 am »

Huh, well, glad thats a false alarm then. Still a strange interaction with full-heal - I think the few times I used it on similar creatures with metallic bodies/body parts like the iron guardians it worked properly without setting them on fire.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #207 on: March 06, 2018, 09:41:33 am »

Minor update - I fixed some minor bugs - most notably the Marsuul had the wrong race name.

I did a slight rebalance of some creatures - Fire Salamanders no longer spit fireballs, and along with Core Hounds, are more rare - plus, they only appear in the third cavern layer now, instead of both the second and the third. Mountain Giants are immune to fire damage and cannot die from the heat as well.

I added a new classification to most plant-like beings, alongside a few nature-oriented wild races - Ancients, Primals, Cenarians, as well as Bog Beasts, Fungal Giants, Fungal Horrors, Fungal Monsters, Mandragoras, Lashers, Treants, and Jungle Chompers. This is mostly for compatibility with a project I'm working on - so that these creatures will be immune to the effects of abilities and poisons possessed by the ones in said project.

Lastly, I added a single megabeast - the Gorefiend. Its classified as a demonic being, though it lacks a weakness to Arkonite - it has four abilities; its main one is Soul Drain, but it can also cast Corruption and Curse of Doom similarly to warlocks, and it can also raise dead bodies as zombies. The stomach maw isn't for show either, and will bite as well.

Once I make some headway in my project, I will work on some more addons for the Warcraft mod - I admit that I eventually want to make an optional "conversion" download, which would make DF into a more Warcraft-esque setting, containing most of the addons (minus the animal men) - basically I'd remove the vanilla races, fantasy creatures and megabeasts, as well as the animal men. Regular dwarves would be replaced with "mountain dwarves" to represent the Ironforge dwarves, and would have some more weaponry available than the current vanilla ones; vanilla goblins and elves would be completely gone, whereas humans would be represented by the ones from the "human kingdoms and groups" addon.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #208 on: March 07, 2018, 07:36:52 am »

Uploaded a quick fix - I noticed a lot of scaly creatures had the major arteries in the throat set incorrectly, so I fixed that - they should be bleeding out properly from attacks that damage the throat.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: [44.07] ZM5's Mod Depository - Elemental Unrest
« Reply #209 on: March 14, 2018, 06:35:58 am »

Got a fairly small if important update - I updated the main packs to 44.07, for one, and also altered quite a few of the existing creatures. Sorry for the bigger break - I'm working on another project. Figured I'd atleast take a break to make some stuff for you guys.

For one, civilized creatures like the Mantid, Qiraji, or Nerubians, previously used the regular "skin" tissue that was renamed to chitin - now its actual chitin, but with buffed up values so they aren't comically frail (seriously, the default chitin is terrible - I've seen humans beat one of my jungle spiders, which are twice as large as humans, in the mandible, resulting in the head twisting and splitting in gore). For those more insectoid races, the ones that have non-bipedal builds also now do a "jab" attack with their front feet instead of kicking - its just as slow, but a bit more dangerous since it tears through muscle.

I've altered the armor loadouts of some of the races, so they have less armor when appropriate - Dark Trolls are one example, and so are the Nerubians and Qiraji. This also applies to Leper Gnomes in the Warcraft derivatives pack.

I've reduced the sizes of some of the creatures - most notably Scorpids and Arachnatids. Their giant equivalents will pick up on having bigger sizes.

I fine-tuned the progression triggers for most of the races - I swapped out trade triggers for production and/or population ones - that way, some races will require you to have a massive production output in order to attract caravans from them, and others yet will only start harassing you once you reach a certain population threshold.

Most importantly, I've altered the way magic works. All debilitating spells now have a syndrome class - this syndrome class prevents you from stacking different debilitating spells on said creature until the first one is over. This is as much for the NPCs benefit as it is for the players - on one hand, you cannot put up multiple debilitating spells on a creature to the point of uselessness - on the other hand, they can't do the same to you.
Keep in mind that there's some exceptions - material interactions, physical interactions like the Banshee's Scream or the Gronn's Shout bypass that restriction since they're "physical" abilities rather than spells. The same also applies to Warlock Curses and Shaman Shocks, since those have their own limiters already.

I added Nether Draconians - for now, no races in the main pack use them as pets - they are mostly for some of the addon packs.

Lastly, I've made three more addons:
The Five Dragonflights - Adds the five main dragonflights as civilizations. I removed the old "generic" draconians in favor of this - you may have noticed they were a bit odd, since they could have any of the scale colours but also would only breathe fire. The Drakonar caste of each of these has a different breath attack, and they all have a secondary ability - Red breathes fire and has a healing spell that increases recuperation, Green breathes acid and has a sleep spell, Bronze breathes lightning and has a slow spell, Blue breathes frost and has Polymorph, and Black spits both globs of magma and chunks of stone. Blue and Black are also hostile babysnatchers.

Additional Entities - Adds entity files for some of the wild/allied races:
Kvaldir - are a town civ and are hostile thieves.
Mur'gul - forest reteat civ, are hostile thieves, and only use Razor Coral weapons.
Magnataur - town civ, are hostile thieves.
Pygmy - forest retreat civ, are hostile thieves and use only wooden weapons.
Krokul - town civ, are non-hostile unless you play as Ogres - they still have access to Arkonite, but are worse off than the Draenei in terms of armor - they may harass and siege you earlier than the Draenei if you play as Ogres, however.
Felborne - town civ, are hostile snatchers.
Chromatic Draconian - town civ, are snatchers.
Twilight Draconian - town civ, are snatchers.
Nether Draconian - town civ, are friendly unless you're playing as Ogres.

I will add entities for the Lightforged Draenei and Void Elves as a part of this addon, once I actually make them that is. I would have made the Pygmies, Kvaldir, Magnataur and Mur'gul into cave civs, but this seems to prevent them from popping up in the wild and joining nearby civs - since some might enjoy playing as them, I gave them the site types they have now.

Kingdoms of Humanity - Adds six civs, each of which represents a different kingdom or organization of Humans from Warcraft.
Alterac - A ruined kingdom. Its members are thieves and brigands living in towns in the mountains and hilly regions. They lack most forms of heavy armor, and learn ambushing at twice the usual rate, while also learning weapon skills at 150% of the usual rate.

Dalaran - A magocratic nation. Their members consist of several castes - Initiates lack any powers or formal training; Fire Mages throw magma bolts, can cast Conflagration to induce searing wounds, and can also cast Blazing Barrier to boost the toughness of one ally; Frost Mages throw frost bolts, can cast Freezing Wind to cause slowness and blistering, and can cast Frost Armor to protect one ally; Arcanists throw arcane missiles, can cast Slow and Arcane Intellect; Archmages are the leaders, can cast triple arcane missiles, Soul Burn, Polymorph and Frost Shock. Dalaranians use shields and most forms of weaponry, but lack heavy armor.

Kul Tiras - A seafaring nation. Their members consist of three castes - regular Kul Tirans who are just average humans;Burly Kul Tirans who are much larger and stronger than their brethren; and Tidesages, who are religious leaders capable of using water, wind and lightning magic, but are also smaller and weaker. Kul Tirans also use anchor maces and mini-cannons as weapons.

Stormwind - One of the largest remaining human kingdoms. Its members are both proud and brave. They consist of two castes - standard Stormwindians who are average humans; and Stormwindian Priests, who are weaker and smaller, but can use supportive holy magic.

Stromgarde - A fractured, militaristic kingdom. Remaining Stromics are few, but still keep their moral character. They are larger and stronger on average than most other humans, and learn all combat and weapon skills twice as fast.

Scarlet Crusade - A zealous organization seeking to purge the impure - whether it be the demons or undead, or those who oppose them. They consist of several castes - Initiates, who are average humans and lack magical powers or formal training; Crusaders, who learn melee combat skills twice as fast, and are larger and stronger than average; Evangelists, who are support casters - they can cast Holy Bolt, Holy Light, which increases recuperation, and Inner Fire, which increases toughness and strength - physically, they are smaller and weaker on average; Zealots, who learn all combat skills, including ranged weapons, at 1.3 the usual rate, and can bolster their own capabilities with two spells - Righteousness, which increases strength and agility, and prevents them from feeling fear or pain, and Solace, which increases focus and spatial sense, while also allowing them to enter a martial trance temporarily; High Inquisitors, who are the female spiritual leaders of the Crusade, and can throw Holy Bolts at up to three targets, bolster the physical capabilities of three nearby allies with Divine Hymn, scorch enemies with Holy Fire, and can even resurrect a fallen ally; and Grand Crusaders, the unscrupulous male leaders of the Crusade, who are larger and stronger on average, learn most combat skills at 2.5 the usual rate and the sword skill at thrice the usual rate, and can use Crusader's Might to increase the strength of three nearby allies, Repentance, which causes a single target to break down over the weight of their sins, Shadow Bolt, a projectile attack, and Mind Flay, which causes severe pain in the nervous system. The Crusaders are hostile babysnatchers.

That's it for now. I'm gonna return to working on the biome revamp - at a later point I'll take a break again and make a few more addons for this pack.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 27