Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Optional addon packs (see page 12 for info) - yay or nay?

Yay
Nay

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 27

Author Topic: [47.05] ZM5's Mod Depository - Shadowlands Update  (Read 138397 times)

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: [43.05] ZM5's Mod Depository - Warcraft, Dragon's Dogma, and more!
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2016, 08:47:00 am »

Alright, as you probably guessed I've been working on the various types of Elves and their offshots. Out of the "civilized" ones I only have Satyrs left to do - for the "wild" ones I have the Withered Nightborne from Legion left to do.
The "Fel Elves" if you're wondering, are the demon-corrupted (WoWpedia has them listed as Felblood Elves) ones you see in Quel'Danas - on top of that they have the two castes of the Wretched and Winnowed (the regular Wretched are the ones with blue glowing eyes from the BE starting zone - the Winnowed are the drooling, more monster-like variant with green eyes in Quel'Danas).

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2016, 09:34:14 am »

Updated the modpack - all the elf types I previewed before have been added - Night Elves, High Elves, Blood Elves, Fel Elves, and the Nightborne - on top of that Satyrs have also been added. The Nightborne, Fel Elves and Satyrs have multiple castes (Satyrs only have the standard one and a male-only Nightmare Satyr caste which serve as civilization rulers - it's based off of Xavius' model in Legion). As a result, I've renamed the regular DF Elves and Satyrs to avoid confusion, although they're otherwise the same as before - DF Elves are now "Wood Sprites/Nymphs" (thanks to peezimaru from the Discord for the suggestion) and DF Satyrs are now "Fauns".

Several new weapons have also been added for those races - Night Elves and the Nightborne have Moon Glaives (the Huntress' weapon), Night Elves also have Umbra Crescents (the weapon used by the Wardens in WC3), and the Blood Elves have two-bladed swords (used by the Spellbreakers).

For new wild creatures, I've added Bog Beasts, Fungal Monsters, Fungal Horrors and the Jungle Stalkers. Cenarians (Dryads and Keepers of the Grove) have also been added, and are playable like the animal people.

Otherwise it was mostly bugfixes and some adjustments to existing files.

My current plans for the next update are to do the rest of the non-undead civilized races - so Warcraft-style Goblins, Gnomes, Ethereals (will have to figure out a way to make them and other incorporeals killable - I guess a solid "soul gem" body part in the chest would suffice), Worgen, and Saberon (from WoD). Not sure what I'll rename the DF goblins and gnomes to but we'll see. At the same time I'll probably round off the Warcraft-style Dragons with green and black ones, as well as the Frost Wyrms - Cursed Dragon's from DD will also be in; another thing on my list is finishing up the Seven Deadly Sins project with Envy. Some more primitive races will also show up, like the Troggs and Kobolds (means I'll have to rename the vanilla ones to something else as well).

After that I'll focus on the undead - they'll come in both Scourge and Forsaken flavours, though I'm not sure how exactly I'll make the two different - currently I think the Scourge would have more monstrous undead, i.e Flesh Giants/Titans, Plague Eruptors, amongst the regular cultists and more intelligent undead, like the Darkfallen, Crypt Fiends/Lords, etc, whereas the Forsaken would be more normal and not as powerful - so mostly undead versions of other races. Banshees and some other incorporeals like the Val'kyr might be shared amongst the two, even though I don't personally like the idea of that, but as they're used by both sides in Warcraft it would make sense.

EDIT: Quick bugfix regarding the Primals - they were missing teeth and their tissue layers were messed up - fixed that.

EDIT: Quick oversight fix - Makrura's have only 2 pincers as intended instead of 4.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 09:08:53 am by ZM5 »

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2016, 03:59:13 pm »

Some changes with version 1.4.3.
-Added some new wild animals - Wyverns, Kodo Beasts, Hawkstriders, Tallstriders and Raptors.
-Re-genned language files for the Nightborne, Furbolgs, Primals, Arakkoa, Night, High and Blood Elves with another program since I was unsatisfied with them - seemed too repetitive.
-Primals can be targetted by interactions properly now, and their castes have several new abilities.
 -Botani can cast a withering spell which reduces speed and strength, and can also raise nearby bodies as Puppet Shamblers.
  Only one body can be targetted at a time and it has a long cooldown. In adventure mode the shamblers won't be  aggressive towards living creatures - they're mostly there as workers for camps. Not sure how they'd interact with fort mode. If provoked they can release an AOE spore attack.
 -Podlings now can enrage, which increases strength and agility and removes fear.
 -The Infested can inject living creatures with parasitic pods when doing their vine stab attack - after 200 tics, it has a 10% chance of transforming the affected creature into an Infested Shambler, which is crazed and attacks anything nearby.
 -The Genesaurs can use a Battle Roar which removes fear from nearby Primals and makes them more likely to rage, and can also resurrect a single Primal - the ability has a very long cooldown, and they can't use it on other Genesaurs.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2016, 04:06:32 pm »

Hey, which program are you using for the language generation? Last one I remember using is not updated for new words added over recent versions.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2016, 05:05:47 pm »

I use DFLang for some of the races, and the older DFLangCreate for a few of the other ones (mostly the simpler, more primitive races with fewer unique names to use for the wordlist).

Codyrex123

• Bay Watcher
  • The Core shall be ours!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2016, 10:48:31 pm »

Hahaha! So wait, is it cannibalism if a centaur eats a horse? Cause thats what I'm doing....

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2016, 06:45:27 am »

Hahaha! So wait, is it cannibalism if a centaur eats a horse? Cause thats what I'm doing....
They're different species, so, no.

Anyway, small progress update - I've added several new civilized races - Worgen, Saberon, Gnomes, Goblins, Ethereals, Troggs and Kobolds.

Troggs and Kobolds are skulking cave-dwelling races - troggs come in both fleshy and stone variants. Gnomes and Goblins have some unique toys, and also goggles as headwear. Worgen follow a mostly similar structure to regular humans, and Saberon dwell in forest retreats in tropical jungles, following similar social structures as more savage races. Ethereals are somewhat more unique - they have no default blunt "punch" attacks, instead all of their attacks are edged, which I think makes sense since they're energy-based. They're glass cannons, I guess you could say - even unarmed they can deal a lot of damage, and are completely immune to blunt attacks, but a well-placed stab to the chest can put them down in two or three shots if it damages their soul gem.

I've renamed vanilla DF kobolds to "Verms" and vanilla goblins to "Devilkin" - not too satisfied with the names, but I think they'll do for now. Mountain/dark gnomes are also renamed to mountain/dark sprites.

Lastly, I revamped the languages for the Draenei, Nerubians, Tauren and Tol'vir, since I wasn't too satisfied with them.

Right now I'll be working on more wild creatures - Black and Green dragons should be in, Gilgoblins from Cata as well, and Darkhounds - I'll think of a few more creatures to add along with them as well.

Lastly, I'll work on splitting up the Warcraft stuff from everything else for those who are only interested in that.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2016, 05:33:09 pm »

ZM5 cancels Write ASMR Script: Modding Dwarf Fortress
ZM5 cancels Play Overwatch: Updating Modpack

Sorry for the long wait - I got occupied by some other things.

I've updated the modpack - version 1.5.0 now.

I've added Ethereals, Goblins, Gnomes, Worgen, Troggs and Kobolds as playable, civilized races - default DF goblins and kobolds are renamed to Devilkin and Verms, respectively.

The languages for the Tauren, Qiraji, Draenei, Draconians, Tol'vir, Vrykul, Faceless Ones, Nerubians and Satyrs have been revamped - quite a bit, but IMO they're a lot better now.

Three new megabeasts - Green Dragons, Black Dragons and Cursed Dragons. Green Dragons breathe acid, can put you to sleep and rapidly rot your body, Black Dragons breathe magma and fire jets, can shoot rock projectiles and also release an AOE wave of fire, and Cursed Dragons breathe a necrotizing vapor and can cast Torpor - also due to being undead they cannot be blinded or otherwise debilitated by damaging their limbs.

New wild creatures - Darkhounds, which are found in evil forests, Gilgoblins, which are found in large bodies of water and can steal things from sites, and Mur'guls - which aside from being found in similar bodies of water, can also be found in tropical forests, and are playable, similarly to animal people.

I've also released the Warcraft part of the mod as a standalone pack, so download it if you're only interested in that part of the mod.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 05:36:47 pm by ZM5 »

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [43.05] ZM5's Mod Depository - Warcraft pack now standalone!
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2016, 08:19:33 pm »

ZM5, are you okay with your Warcraft standalone pack being bundled with Lazy Newb Packs?

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2016, 05:10:33 am »

ZM5, are you okay with your Warcraft standalone pack being bundled with Lazy Newb Packs?
Sure, I'd be honored.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2016, 07:31:21 am »

I'm getting some errors when I try to generate a world with the Warcraft mod in Dwarf Fortress v0.43.05.

Spoiler: errorlog.txt (click to show/hide)

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2016, 10:53:27 am »

Uhh, whoops - I swear I added the speech files when I was making the rar yesterday.

Alright, I fixed most of the errors in that log and I uploaded the file - some I'm not sure what they're about, i.e this:
Code: [Select]
ARAKKOA:HIGH_ARAKKOA_FEMALE:right wing: No tissue thickness
ARAKKOA:HIGH_ARAKKOA_FEMALE:left wing: No tissue thickness
ARAKKOA:HIGH_ARAKKOA_MALE:right wing: No tissue thickness
ARAKKOA:HIGH_ARAKKOA_MALE:left wing: No tissue thickness
and ones like
PRIMAL:BOTANI_MALE:Attack LASH seems to have correct format but could not find proper BPs in any caste, so not added
PRIMAL:BOTANI_FEMALE:Attack LASH seems to have correct format but could not find proper BPs in any caste, so not added
would require me to completely rearrange the specific creature attack tokens - to be perfectly honest I'll just take the lazy route since they're ultimately inconsequential and the creatures work as intended in-game - and I also don't want to mess with the standard attack order most people are likely used to, i.e the regular punches being a and b, and so on.

Everything else like the typos in entity files and missing/redundant body parts I believe I've fixed.

EDIT: OK, caught some more errors - updated both packs with the fixes.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 12:00:18 pm by ZM5 »

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2016, 01:03:25 pm »

PRIMAL:BOTANI_MALE:Attack LASH seems to have correct format but could not find proper BPs in any caste, so not added
PRIMAL:BOTANI_FEMALE:Attack LASH seems to have correct format but could not find proper BPs in any caste, so not added

NAGA:FEMALE:Body Token Recognized But Could Not Connect: HUMANOID_JOINTS
NAGA:SEA_WITCH:Body Token Recognized But Could Not Connect: HUMANOID_JOINTS

I think there's some kind of cascading errors going on. (Both the "proper BPs" errors and the "humanoid_joint" errors are spreading into other mods too.)

I'm wondering if only 1 or 2 creatures have a problem, and then that's somehow effecting the other creatures. I'm hoping that all the "BPs" stuff can be fixed by just editing the Naga and maybe the Legion Demons (since those two are at the top of the list in "errorlog.txt").

I'm wondering if the "humanoid_joint" error is being caused by something in "body_warcraft.txt".

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2016, 02:00:34 pm »

It's weird because in-game there's no issues as far as I notice - whenever it says
Attack LASH seems to have correct format but could not find proper BPs in any caste, so not addedand the like, the caste in question isn't supposed to actually have the attack - I think putting the attack tokens under CASTE:ALL is what's causing it - regardless though AFAIK it causes no problems in-game. I'll try restructuring the raws so that doesn't happen but like I said I don't like messing with default attack keys for punches and so on.

I have no idea about the joints thing - going by the raw for the default HUMANOID_JOINTS it's probably trying to connect the joints to the upper/lower arms and the like, but by default the game uses
[CON:RLA] and the like for connecting the joints to specified limbs, instead of simply having one elbow/wrist/ankle/etc. entry and attaching it to specific limbs it tries to attach them to specific labels. I'd have to edit the default raws and see what's what in that case.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2016, 02:47:37 pm »

- I think putting the attack tokens under CASTE:ALL is what's causing it -
yes. Everything below that token gets added to all castes. If you want only a few castes to have the attack, you have to copy-paste it into each of the fitting castes.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 27