Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Optional addon packs (see page 12 for info) - yay or nay?

Yay
Nay

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 27

Author Topic: [47.05] ZM5's Mod Depository - Shadowlands Update  (Read 138049 times)

flyteofheart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [44.12] ZM5's Mod Depository - Waking City
« Reply #330 on: November 24, 2019, 10:45:01 pm »

in the help files, would it be possible to have a list of "playable races" only? i get confused going through all the files as im not familiar with each of the source materials(never played warcraft/etc). having to go through alphabetically or whatever it is to find out what races are playable is slightly annoying. heh. this doesnt super matter but i think it would be welcomed.

im also curious about dark dwarves. are they any stronger or bigger than normal dwarves? im only seeing immunity to fire and quicker to anger than normal. curious if there is any other reason to play them. though fire immunity is probably worth it alone.

also does playing as an ogre still let you metalwork and such? any big differences from dwarves? i genned a pretty cool world with the main issue being ogres are the only playable race. dunno if i want to play as them since it seems more things are hostile?

finally, is there any way to force a race to generate? i cant get a world with the Friori haha. I really want to embark next to them on a glacier and trade/raid them for cryosteel haha.

thanks, like this mod a lot. i played with it a ton a year ago and had several "successful" forts in your new evil biome stuff, enjoyed the cave content, and love the variety of other races
Encrusted with fried bread and menacing with spikes of coconuts
living the dream

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #331 on: November 25, 2019, 05:13:49 am »

All the fort mode playable races would be under the Warcraft folder in the "Warcraft Races - Fort Mode Playable" file, atleast if you have the newest version - until somewhat recently I didn't have that file.

For now yeah, dark dwarves are mostly similar to normal dwarves aside from the personality trait changes, fire immunity and innate civ pets (mostly fire elemental stuff). Most I can really do with them right now without Dfhack.

Yeah, ogres can still perform all jobs - regular ogres and primal ogres do so at lower rates (primal ogres much more so), however, so you'd mostly rely on two-headed ogres to actually make worthwhile crafts or equipment - they all have some increased weapon skill rates though so they're better for military-heavy forts. Reason for many other races being hostile to them is that their civ has ITEM_THIEF, so they're in a different "faction" so to say. Savage, primitive races like gnolls, murlocs, saurok or saberon will be friendly, however more intelligent civilized beings like draenei, gnomes, jungle trolls or orcs will be hostile.

Unfortunately there isnt, you'd probably have to disable certain races by removing their entities to make more room for the ones you'd want to be in a world, or increase the civ cap.

Glad you enjoy it! I may have another update after I'm done with the necromorph addon for the horror pack and darksiders stuff for the assorted creatures mod.

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
  • Ischrotaur Axe Lord [SUPERNATURAL][STRANGE_MOODS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: November 27, 2019, 05:45:57 am »

For some reason I can't gen a new world with current version of Warcraft pack (Nov 5, 2019) with all four additional stuff from it added too (since I don't use other mods that conflict with standard raws). Crashes every single time it tries to bring up the world gen settings menu. I'm still way too mentally burnt out to figure things like that out (I still get strong headaches when I try to brainstorm something; shortly put I must not strain my brain). Rolled back to the one I've been using since 4 months back.

Thought I'd let you know and no, I just checked; The crashes aren't related to my own custom raws or even the additional stuff in your Warcraft pack. Something just seems off in the core Warcraft pack and I'm not the one to figure it out due to bespoken headache.
"I'll make my own way." - Max Rockatansky

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #333 on: November 27, 2019, 07:57:36 am »

Hm, is there anything in the errorlog? My first thought would be to check if you have duplicate files, I recently did a reorganization of the files so if you installed it over the last version then that'd cause duplications and crashes - would have to delete the old files and put in the new ones. Otherwise I'm not sure, would have to check.

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: November 27, 2019, 09:11:17 am »

Nah, I always remove previous/old files from specific folders before updating mods for DF,
kinda like uninstall/reinstall to make sure there aren't any duplicates or old files lingering in the raws and whatnot.

The darn fresh new errorlog is so long that I can't post it in the post and I've forgotten the name of the site I used for file sharing.

Agh, finally recalled the site.. my head's pounding at this point. Here ya go: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0muepvhgnlfd6a4/errorlog.txt?dl=0

Other than the crashing it currently has. Can't quite imagine playing DF without 'Dwarfcraft: Reign of Armok', I'd get pretty darn bored with just dwarves, humans, goblins and elves, sure there's occasionally a bunch of random animal men but I prefer the variety that Warcraft has.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2019, 12:24:27 pm by Droggarth »

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #335 on: November 27, 2019, 12:59:01 pm »

Oh, I completely derped on that then - uploaded a fix to the dwarfcraft pack then, should be fine now I think.

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: November 27, 2019, 01:26:24 pm »

Glad to have been of help, thanks. Just genned a random world to see if it works and it worked, whew.

cesarjunior233

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: January 29, 2020, 08:28:22 am »

Any chance of our modpack being updated to 0.47? They added pets/mounts in adventure mode, so it would be lovely to get Warcraft pets in adventure
« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 09:04:51 am by cesarjunior233 »

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #338 on: January 29, 2020, 10:17:44 am »

I'm still working on it and other mods. Update only came out today and given the stuff that needs updating its probably gonna take a while.

cesarjunior233

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: January 29, 2020, 12:21:43 pm »

Roger that, I'm excited for doing adventure mode
I'm still working on it and other mods. Update only came out today and given the stuff that needs updating its probably gonna take a while.
Cool. Thanks for your hard work.

vixeyrose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: February 02, 2020, 07:17:30 pm »

Love the mod, still getting used to the extra "fun". Lost a tower full of marksmen to some sort of spell caster when they turned on each other. The flying maidens are always on the hit list... them and kea's. Anyhow, I was wondering if the paladin's ability to resurrect things could be limited to friendly units in regard to the caster? I had one in my fort and he keeps bringing back the enemies who are still hostile.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #341 on: February 03, 2020, 04:53:01 am »

Unfortunately no, its the same issue as with necromancy - targetting for resurrection doesnt take into account whether the target was friendly or not and it doesnt seem to be possible to change it.

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: February 03, 2020, 03:26:57 pm »

Take as much time as ye needs. I be DFHack dependent fer these past few years anyhow as most of me playstyle is tied to it (DFHack) and Dwarfcraft: Reign of Armok. It'd be like drinkin' water instead o' rum playin' this game vanilla.

Good stuff o'er th' horizon!

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #343 on: February 03, 2020, 03:58:51 pm »

Still updating mods with summons and the like - these are just some previews. I've split up Warlocks into 3 types and Shamans into 4 as a result of the new summons - some megabeasts and creatures also got their summons (i.e Crypt Lords and nerubian Spiderlords can release carrion beetles), alongside some interactions (i.e Nathrezim have a directed carrion swarm ability, and the aforementioned Crypt Lords and Spiderlords have an undirected locust swarm).

Technically the Warcraft side of things is done in regards to updating (on the most basic level anyway), however I probably won't make a release until 47.02 is out and the crash issues are resolved - currently I cannot get any large world to gen past 30-40 years, consistently crashes (apparently it happens in vanilla too at a smaller rate, but then I'd guess on a larger world with many civs whatever is causing the crash happens faster), so its kind of pointless to even release an update right now. May get in some additional creatures once I'm done updating the Diablo mod, who knows - it'd mostly be some of the new model variations for existing creatures from Reforged (yeah I know it sucks, hopefully it won't curse the mod - atleast the new models look nice and are more varied than the different tints back in WC3), though I also plan on adding some of the hero or caster types as innate castes for some races (i.e goblin tinkers with their claw-hammer backpacks, night elf wardens, undead death knights as a caste rather than a spell user type, gnoll wardens or orc shamans, etc.)

Still probably need to adjust new noble positions too so that might take a while(i.e different names for dungeon master/spymaster, add in the other ones that dont have much effect yet or only have a worldgen effect).
« Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 04:15:09 pm by ZM5 »

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: [47.02] ZM5's Mod Depository - Waking City
« Reply #344 on: February 09, 2020, 12:02:24 pm »

Updated to 47 - only the raws only versions and addons are updated (with the exception of the mythological and OCs+casters only packs, lost the original folders for those when I was carrying over stuff to a new PC, so I'll set those up later), given the worldgen crashes.

Main changes:
-Frost Bolt spells are now edged - many creatures i.e Harpies also now have innate edged ranged attacks.
-Summoning - many creatures now have summoning spells (sometimes, i.e in the cases of eldritch creatures that raised tentacles, replacing reanimation) - too many to list.
-Warlocks are split into three - Affliction Warlocks (basically the old version, having a variety of curses and other debilitating spells at their disposal), Demonologist Warlocks (have the "basic" warlock summons - imp, voidwalker, succubus, fel hound, felguard, ered'ruin, infernal and darkglare) and Supreme Warlocks (have the grimoire of supremacy summons, though they have longer cooldowns - fel imps, voidlords, shivarra, observers, terrorfiends, abyssals and darkglares).
-Shamans are split into four - storm, fire, earth and frost shamans - each have somewhat different abilities and a corresponding elemental summon.
-Arcanists and Frost Mages now have summons.
-Added several new materials - Monelite, Pyrium, Storm Silver, Indurium, Black Iron, True Iron, Truesteel, Stormsteel, Ebonsteel, Osmenite, Lumenstone, Umbralite and Nethercite. Some are only usable by specific races - more specific descriptions are in the help files.
-Elemental creatures are now resistant to Elementium/Enchanted Elementium, as well as whatever their related elemental metal is (i.e Fire Elementals takes less damage from Incendicite)
-Healing spells now actually heal wounds instead of only giving recuperation - will still have to update help files with the specifics.
-Crypt Lords/Spiderlords have an undirected locust swarm ability - Nathrezim also now have a directed Carrion Swarm.
-Added a couple of new weapons - kanabos, wakizashis, nodachis and otsuchis (basically big sledgehammers) for races with more Japanese-themed weapon sets - also long axes.

Will do a more substantial update later, no new creatures yet - I did have a sort of "Hero update" planned that adds innate caster/hero castes to various races - currently a lot of them dont exist or are just noble titles (i.e Gnoll Wardens, Goblin Tinkers, Death Knights for undead, Orc Shamans, etc.).
« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 12:58:17 pm by ZM5 »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 27