Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Optional addon packs (see page 12 for info) - yay or nay?

Yay
Nay

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 27

Author Topic: [47.05] ZM5's Mod Depository - Shadowlands Update  (Read 139606 times)

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: [43.05] ZM5's Mod Depository - Demon Hunter and Death Knight update
« Reply #75 on: November 28, 2016, 05:28:16 am »

Progress update - I'm pretty much done with the civilized MoP races.
Spoiler: Race descriptions (click to show/hide)
Zandalari Trolls aren't MoP-exclusive so they'll be in with the rest of the non-MoP races.

The Mantid also have a unique crafting reaction related to the Kypari trees which I've modded in - they can turn wood from it into bars of refined amber, which is a light material thats similar to iron, but is much sharper - very deadly combined with them mostly using edged weapons.

The Mogu have 2 castes - regular flesh-and-bone mogu and the Stoneborn which are similar to the Stone Troggs. Mogu females are also much rarer than the males in terms of population ratio.

The Yaungol have 2 castes - a standard one and a "Flamebound" one, which has access to some fire magic.

The Saurok have 3 castes - a standard one, a "Frilled" one which can spit acid, and a "Primordial" one, based off of Primordius from Throne of Thunder; it has a fairly potent, necrotizing breath attack, and is also larger than the other two castes.

The Jinyu, Hozen and Pandaren are fairly standard, with no differing castes.

I've added a lot of Chinese-based weapons to go with the Pandaren and Mogu - dao swords, hook swords, meteor hammers, wind-and-fire wheels, and so on. A few other races use some of those weapons (i.e Mantid and Tarkatans also can use hook swords) - the Jinyu use most of the Japanese-based weapon set instead. I've also added regular and edged tonfas which more races have access to.

Lastly, I've done quite a bit of changes to the entities - I've removed the [SITE_CONTROLLABLE] token from every modded race so only dwarves will be playable now - however if you do decide to do fort mode then there'll be a lot more adversity from other civilizations since I've added BABYSNATCHER and/or ITEM_THIEF tokens to several races - AFAIK it basically creates several factions depending on exactly which tokens the entity in question has. So the Demons and similar races (Fel Orcs, Felblood Elves, Corrupted Humans, also the Scourge Undead since they don't really fit in with either of the other factions) will be allied by default (barring potential worldgen conflicts obviously), more primitive and beastly races such as the Centaurs, Ogres, Kobolds, etc. will be allied and so on. Gnolls, Murlocs, Ogron, Troggs and Kobolds also no longer are cave-only races - Troggs and Ogron live in fortresses (could explain it as them taking over abandoned forts and such), whereas the other 3 live in forest retreats - they shouldn't have issues with worldgen survivability now.

I think the release should be sometime this week - I've still got the non-civilized MoP creatures left to do - aside from that I still need to do Mountain Giants and the Titanic Watchers.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: [43.05] ZM5's Mod Depository - Expanded Wilderness and Mists of Pandaria
« Reply #76 on: December 02, 2016, 06:01:27 pm »

Big update (make sure to delete the plant_new_trees_zm5 file as it's obsolete now) - I've released all the MoP content alongside all the wild creatures I've been working on - including 3 OC's (1 playable race and 2 wild creatures), 26 non-MoP wild creatures, 2 non-MoP playable races 6 MoP wild creatures, 1 non-playable skulking race and 7 playable races from MoP; the Scourge Undead also now have an Abomination caste, so if you ever wanted to play as Patchwerk, go right ahead - the semimegabeast Abominations still stay though I've renamed them to "Mindless Abominations" in order to diffrentiate between the two.

I've added many new weapons - Kris daggers, cutlasses, war scythes, bardiches, tonfas (both of the blunt and edged variety), which are available to most existing races, as well as a set of Chinese-themed weapons that I mentioned before, which are used mostly by the MoP races - Guan Daos, Dao swords, Hook swords, Qiangs (basically spears), Butterfly swords, meteor hammers (which are more like maces actually), Jian swords (essentially long swords), wind-and-fire wheels (they use the striker skill, not sure what other one could be assigned to them), and Chicken-claw sickles.
I've also added several "tool" weapons that you'll occasionally see citizens use - sickles, pitchforks, and crop scythes.

As for the creatures - out of non-MoP creatures, you'll find several types of spore creatures wandering the savage wetlands - Fungal Giants, which can cause a disease by releasing their spores (nausea, dizziness and drowsiness), Sporebats whose main advantage is flight (their spores only cause dizziness), and Spore Walkers, who can cause paralyzing shocks.

As teased before, there are many new reptilian creatures as well in various savage biomes (mainly moist tropical broadleaf forests - though some are found in the mountains, deserts, or underground) - Crocolisks, Basilisks, Diemetradons (can release a sonic wave that causes dizziness), Thunder Lizards, Fire Salamanders, Direhorns, Pterrordaxes, Skyscreamers, Wind Serpents (immune to fire and can breathe lightning like the Thunder Lizards), Dragonhawks (they breathe fire and have an immunity to it), Couatls (amphibious fliers with a venomous bite - they were in WC3 but not in WoW for some reason), Snap Dragons (acid-spitting amphibious quadrupeds - same case as with the Couatls, they were only in WC3), Warp Stalkers (can use a self-buff that increases their speed six-fold - teleporting doesn't really work without DFhack and since I can't code this is the only workaround I can think of), and Mana Wyrms (can use the same energy drain as the Wretched).

Out of non-reptilian creatures, I've added Owlcats from Legion, Teroclaws (the large, tusked birds from WoD), Clefthooves (they have tusks like their WoD incarnation), Ravagers (they come in 3 castes - standard ravagers like the ones from WoD, wasp versions, also from WoD, and "ravager crawlers", which are the form you encounter in TBC areas), Nether Rays (who have a paralyzing sting), Helboars (found in evil deserts, shrublands and savannas) and Mountain Giants (who despite their name can be found in tropical coniferous forests and taigas as well).

The megabeast I've included in this pack is the Titanic Watcher - which comes in several different variations, so it's possible not all of them might be present in a world. The variations are similar in terms of body plans, and aren't made from different materials, the key difference being their abilities. Their variations are as follows:
-Stone Keepers - who can shoot up to three large boulders at a time, kick up a cloud of dust, shoot a pulse wave that causes pain and dizziness, and also spray a petrifying gas.
-Storm Keepers - they possess the ability to shoot lightning bolts, liquid lightning, or release a cloud of lightning - also can use the same Paralyzing Shock as the flesh titans.
-Ice Keepers - similar to the above, only possessing the ice variants of those abilities, including Frost Shock.
-Nature Keeper - they possess druidic abilities, including a sleep spell, a spell to induce a hemorrhagic fever or wither away intruders - they also can use Sunbeam which can cause serious bleeding and blistering.
-Construct of the Sun - can emit a jet of fire, toss regular fire balls or magma bolts, and also emit a Blast Wave. They have a beak unlike the other watchers.
-Construct of Life - can raise bodies as puppet shamblers, use a spell that causes necrosis, an alternate version of the Nature Keeper's wither spell, and also an energy-unleashing spell that increases strength twofold but highly lowers endurance. They also have large horns for an additional way of attack.
-Construct of Destruction - can animate bodies as zombies, throw bolts of shadow, cast Death Coil and induce fear and madness into it's victims.
-Construct of Magic - they use purely arcane abilities - including Mana Burn, Moonfire, Slow, and Sedation.
-Maiden of Virtue - they possess holy magic - they can induce unconsciousness by causing an enemy to repent, or burn them with holy fire - in addition to that, they can shield themselves with a protective barrier, or shoot up to 4 holy bolts at it's enemies.
-Maiden of Grief - corrupted watchers which are more prone to rage, and can cause an Unstable Affliction, or curse an enemy - additionally they can induce lucid nightmares, and buff themselves with Bloodlust.

The MoP creatures, which appear in the same few biomes (savage grasslands and savannas) with a few exceptions, include the Quilen, which come in both organic and stone variants, the Mistlurkers who you'll most likely find alongside the Spore beasts, the large Mushan, the gargantuan insectoid Kungchong, the Cloud Serpents, who are also present in the mountains, and lastly the Sha, which can appear in every evil biome - they also have 2 castes, the regular Sha which can cause a single creature to act erratically, as well as the lesser ones which are more similar to the Fleshfiends.

The 7 playable races are the Pandaren, the Mogu (who have a variation thats made out of stone), the Saurok (who have 3 variations - standard Saurok, frilled Saurok which can spit acid, and Primordial Saurok which can go into trances and spew a necrotizing sludge), the Yaungol (who have a Flamebound variation that can use some fire magic), the Jinyu, the Hozen, and the Mantid (females are larger, four-legged and four-armed, males have only 2 arms and 2 legs, but also have 2 pairs of scythes which they can use for melee attacks - Mantid civs can also use weapons made from refined amber - very light but also very sharp). The one non-playable race are the Virmen, who are more or less tougher vanilla DF kobolds.

Lastly, the three OC's I've included are the Occulas, which are small tentacled eyeball creatures found in the caverns underground - they're more or less harmless, tiny critters; the Forest Beasts, which are found in temperate forests and more or less a tougher version of the Sasquatches/Yetis (they also have antlers); and the Primal Beasts which are a multi-caste civilized race of intelligent, horned humanoids that resemble apes. The different castes mostly vary in terms of elemental alignment - flame beasts have some types of fire magic, for instance, whereas thunder beasts use lightning spells - they also have different features depending on the caste (i.e flame beasts have a scorpions stinger, earth beasts have two tusks and stone covering their chests and lower arms, as well as hands) - there's also an Elementium beast caste which has all the combined powers and features of the other castes.

A close friend of mine did an awesome drawing of the Occulas and also one of a regular Corrupted Human peasant, so props to them!

In the next few days I'll most likely do another small update to include the few creatures I've yet to do - the Grummles and Prime Sha from MoP (the latter will be megabeasts in the same vein as the Titanic Watchers), and also a Lich King caste for the Scourge Undead - also right now only the main modpack is updated, I'll add all the new stuff to the separated version soon.

Hope you guys enjoy this new update - I had quite a bit of fun making it.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 06:03:57 pm by ZM5 »

ethanwdp

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 09, 2016, 01:50:51 pm »

I love the additions added by this mod, but every single vanilla civ gets overridden and each world I generate has towns of primal beasts and volkyr (the half-dragon things, whatever they're called). I'm on my third world and I *still* haven't seen an elf, a dwarf, nor a human. What's going on here?

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #78 on: December 09, 2016, 02:14:19 pm »

That's odd - what worldgen parameters do you use? Depending on the size of the world it may not generate every type of civ. I admit I rarely see that due to nearly always playing on the largest world size (aside from worldgen shenanigans resulting in human/dwarf/elf civs collapsing).

ethanwdp

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 09, 2016, 02:20:30 pm »

That's odd - what worldgen parameters do you use? Depending on the size of the world it may not generate every type of civ. I admit I rarely see that due to nearly always playing on the largest world size (aside from worldgen shenanigans resulting in human/dwarf/elf civs collapsing).
I play on default worldgen parameters (medium size, 250 years history gen). My CPU commits suicide whenever I try to make a large world, so I'm not too sure I'll be able to test if large worlds alleviate the issue.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #80 on: December 09, 2016, 02:40:16 pm »

That's odd then, I checked in their entity raws to make sure they have the same starting civ population numbers as the other races - they do, so I'm not sure what's the issue.
In my newest world the pops look like this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
So while primal beasts have a high population they're not the highest (also they're far away from most other civs) - and dwarves and vanilla elves (or wood sprites as I've renamed them) are lower but not insignificant.

EDIT: I did a test by genning a world with just the default parameters, this is the pop info file I got:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Primal beasts didn't generate at all this time - I'm not experiencing the same issue for some reason. Are you perchance using an older version of the modpack? That could explain it since I did a lot of entity changes in the current one.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 05:00:26 pm by ZM5 »

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #81 on: December 10, 2016, 09:02:35 am »

Released a small update - I've added Grummles and the Prime Sha for MoP content, and also Lich King and Ghoul castes for the Scourge undead. I've also updated the standalone pack with all the new content.

Did a small entity change as well - a lot of the races that had KILL_NEUTRAL as REQUIRED have it as ACCEPTABLE now, so their bards/scholars shouldn't start no quarter fights in other towns, but instead they have LOCAL_BANDITRY, so they'll send out local patrols that will ambush you.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #82 on: December 11, 2016, 06:09:22 pm »

Minor bugfix update - fleshy Mogu and Troggs no longer should have overly tough bones, Sha of Violence have the proper text line for their Bloodthirst ability, and self-only interactions like battle fury or the various transformations no longer require targetting. Mogu also now have a battle fury interaction.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #83 on: December 29, 2016, 02:01:12 pm »

Minor update, last one before new years - I've added many new Dragon's Dogma creatures, including three types of harpies (regular ones are called mountain harpies, snow harpies remain as is, and succubi are called blood hags), three types of wolves (direwolves, hellhounds, and wargs), Gorechimeras, DD-style gargoyles (regular gargs are called stone fiends, strigois are called blood fiends), DD-style banshees (called Wailing Dead), giant undead, skeleton brutes, and dark bishops (they're megabeasts - I scaled up their size so they actually survive worldgen).

I've also added four new Warcraft creatures - WC-style Harpies, Flamewakers, Nians (megabeasts; they're like Omen back from vanilla WoW - giant, two-headed wolf beast), and WC-style Hydras (called Three-headed Hydras to avoid confusion with regular vanilla hydras). I also renamed vanilla DF harpies to wind hags to avoid confusion with the other harpy types.

Lastly, I added bone saws which you'll see some villagers use for self-defense (as well as night trolls), mostly for flavor - and two new weapon types - Steam Hammers for gnomes, and Buzz-swords for Goblins. Both have slightly different values for attacking and recovering - Steam hammers are fast but unbalancing, buzz-sword slashes are slow but recover quickly whereas their stabs are quicker but take longer to recover from.

EDIT: I forgot to mention - I've added Lamias and Arachnes to the mythological creatures - they count as playable animal-people-type races. I'll eventually add Sirens and the like as well.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 02:49:12 am by ZM5 »

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: [43.05] ZM5's Mod Depository - MAKE SURE TO READ LATEST POST
« Reply #84 on: January 27, 2017, 01:59:48 pm »

Sorry for the lack of consistent update releases recently, guys - had quite a bit on my plate recently.

In any case, I did some cleaning up of the raws and rearranged them - it makes things quite a bit easier not only for me, but also for anyone that wants to mix together mods. If you download this newest update (1.9.4 for the full pack, 1.4.4 for the standalone Warcraft-only pack), MAKE SURE to delete the files from the previous version, so as to prevent conflicting raw errors.

I haven't added too many new creatures this update - it'll be a while before I make another really big, major update.

No new Warcraft creatures this time around - however, I did a few changes to existing ones. Undead and inorganic races no longer have to eat, sleep or drink - this includes playable non-civilized races such as the Geists.
I've removed the SLOW_LEARNER token from the Geists. Also fixed some bugs like Kodos and a few other animals wearing clothing. Night Elves and a few other races such as the Saberon and Lost Ones now have Shadowmeld - it's mostly for flavour, though, as all it does is put you in stealth status.

From Dragon's Dogma, I added a megabeast called the Saint Dragon - basically it's the Grigori-type dragon. Nearly twice as big as the other dragons and has some magic attacks at it's disposal - and the regular Chimera, which in-game is called the "lesser chimera" to prevent confusion with the "fanciful" chimera.

For folklore/mythological creatures, I added the Gorynych (gargantuan three-headed dragon) as a new megabeast, and a large underground-dweller called the Psoglav. Lamias also now have three types of songs that can provide buffs to friendly creatures.

Lastly, I added a new multi-caste OC race, called the Malformed - they're in the same "faction" as races such as the Faceless Ones or Qiraji - essentially they're servants of eldritch deities. Their castes consist of:
-the basic Malformed - large brutes with fanged tentacles inside their wrists, they lack special abilities but are the biggest caste.
-the Warped - they have insectoid features, such as 8 eyes, ovipositors, and a tail with a stinger, as well as accompanying poison. They climb and crawl on the ground faster than other creatures.
-the Hellborn - beings infused with fire, they have tentacles made out of their own melted flesh and bits of bone, and also possess several types of offensive fire magic.
-the Stormspawn - infused with lightning, they have retractable blades in their hands, and also a tentacle with an eye that protrudes from it's back. They possess lightning magic, and stabs with their blades can inflict paralysis.
-the Rotwalkers - infused with elements of disease, they have a maw going dow their chest, inside of which there's a tentacle that can pull in victims. They also have sacs on their wrists which allow them to spray sludge and acid from openings in their hands.
-the Darkfiends - they have sharp, bony blades protrudring from their wrists and elbows, and an elongated, spiked tongue. They have the same Shadowmeld ability as a few other races, and can also spew a blinding mist. They can crawl and climb faster than other creatures.
-the Frostbound - second-largest caste, they have icy crystals growing on various parts of their body, and their nails are made of the same type of ice. Aside from shooting bolts of ice, they can put up a barrier of it that makes them slower but more resistant to damage - they also have more unarmed combat options (knees, headbutts, elbows) for which they use their crystal growths. Due to their icy claws, they can climb faster than other creatures.

Sorry if it's not a lot, however I figured I should atleast release something to tide you guys over for whenever I make the next really big update.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #85 on: January 28, 2017, 05:25:04 pm »

I made a small update to the standalone Warcraft pack's entity files - I admit I completely forgot about this since I finished it about a month or so ago - I added some new weapons and tools, mostly for the demons - if you remember the Mo'arg from TBC, they had prosthetics with various extentions attached to them.

While DF doesn't have prosthetics yet, I did add those as a series of weapons - there's 4 types, the hammer gauntlet, the buzzsaw gauntlet, the excavator gauntlet, and the pincer gauntlet. The excavator doubles as a mining pick, and the buzzsaw gauntlet can be used to chop down trees (although since it's a "tool" and not a weapon, you wont see axemen with it). The pincer and hammer gauntlet both are regular weapons, though since they use the striker skill you wont see actual soldiers using them.

For flavor I added ice picks to the races which dwell in colder biomes, i.e the Taunka or the Tuskarr. You'll occasionally see the citizens using them as weapons for self defense.

Lastly, I added two types of ranged weapons - the rivet gun and the scrap gun. Both are available to demons - additionally, the Warcraft goblins also have access to them, whereas the gnomes and ethereals can only make the rivet guns. The scrap gun fires small edged projectiles, whereas the scrap gun shoots larger balls of scrap that do blunt damage. I also removed flintlock bullets as a separate type of ammo - flintlocks now use the same bullets as muskets.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #86 on: March 06, 2017, 04:41:56 am »

Sorry for lacking updates in quite a long time - I admit I haven't really been feeling the modding mood recently.

In any case, I've added two new playable races and many new folklore/mythological creatures, as well as a few others from Warcraft and Dragon's Dogma.

I've also made another version of the modpack that you can find in the first post - a "lite" version that's like the previous one, with just the mod and no DF installation or vanilla raw changes - the main pack now comes bundled with DF 43.05 and the mod pre-installed, along with changes to some vanilla raws.

List of new non-megabeast mythological creatures:
-Pegasus - winged steeds found in good temperate forests, savannas and grasslands.
-Kikimora - intelligent, sneaky female spirit. Learns sneaking faster - playable as an animal person-esque race.
-Siren - winged, female humanoid. Has 3 songs that can debilitate those who hear it.
-Valkyrie  - strong, winged female humanoid. Has several light magic abilities at her disposal.
-Strix - bloodsucking, owl-like fiend found in evil forests.
-Draugr - a powerful undead warrior - found deep underground bearing metal weapons and armor.

Mythological semi/megabeasts:
-Barghest - giant dog-like monster with three eyes. Can fire a bolt of shadow as well as speed up it's own movement.
-Manticore - winged quadruped monster with a stinger. Its venom causes necrosis, pain and dizziness.
-Kampe - centauroid half-dragon - has the upper torso of a woman, the bottom half of a dragon, a scorpion's stinger and snakes for hair. Several heads of dangerous animals sprout from her midsection. Naturally skilled in swordsmanship, and are capable of breathing a stream of fire.
-Scylla - a water nymph with the torso of a female. Three wolf heads and five serpent heads sprout from it's midsection - the bites of the serpent heads are venomous. It stands on five long tentacles.
-Hecatoncheir - a powerful giant with five heads and ten arms.

New Warcraft creatures:
-Felsteed - aggressive horse-like demons found in evil deserts, mountains, grasslands and savannas.
-Dreadsteed - a more powerful version of the felsteed, found in evil deserts as well as deep underground. Has seven horns and six spike-like growths.
-Rock Borer - a worm-like beast found deep underground. They have an acidic spit attack, and their bites can spatter the same acid over the wounds.

Dragon's Dogma semimegas:
-Firedrake - a lesser dragon. Can breathe a jet of fire.
-Thunderwyvern - a lesser dragon that breathes clouds of lightning.
-Wyrm - a smaller dragon that can breathe a cloud of frost, as well as cast a slowing spell and shoot a ball of lightning.

Two new OC races:
-Vespirans - hornet-like humanoids dedicated to preserving balance. Hostile in fort mode by default - they use good animals and the like, however. They possess several castes - regular vespirans can spit acid and have an acidic bite. Vespiran juggernauts are large and possess a tough carapace - however they cannot fly and lack the acid spit/bite attacks. Vespiran seraphim possess some forms of light magic, have four arms and holy-enchanted bone blades in their forearms. Vespiran cherubim are the smallest caste, walk on four legs, and can cast Holy Bolt. All Vespirans have a venomous sting.
-Erebi - feathered, lizard-like humanoids with a propensity to necromancy. Non-hostile (can get evil animals by trading with them in fort mode). Have 4 castes - standard erebi which are a "regular" caste with no special abilities, giant erebians which are much larger in size, but also have a shorter lifespan, arachnid erebi which have six arms, eight eyes, a pair of mandibles - they are capable of crawling and climbing faster, and also have a venomous bite which numbs and slows down those affected by it; lastly, the awakened erebi, which are immortal, and while they are the same size as normal erebi, they also possess three raise dead-type interactions (regular "animate corpse", "animate skeleton" and "animate skeleton mage").

A single series of non-OC non-game based creatures - the Possessed Weapons. They are incredibly rare and found only in evil biomes - you can tell they're around when you hear ghostly whispering.
Essentially they're all flying weapons possessed by the unwilling soul of a weapon lord - they all have high innate combat skills, and are made of the best possible metal for their type of weapon (edged are made out of adamantine, blunt are made out of platinum). If you can defeat them by destroying the soul gem you'll be able to get an adamantine/platinum version of that specific weapon - only available with vanilla weapons now though, I might make a version later that includes my modded ones.

Lastly, the full pack with the DF installation pre-packed also has a new type of night creature - it's a bit of a teaser for the next big project I intend to work on.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: [43.05] ZM5's Mod Depository - Large folklore creature update
« Reply #87 on: March 13, 2017, 04:35:19 pm »

Small bugfix update - I removed building destroyer from playable giants as apparently it was causing issues in fort mode - also fixed a bug with the Scourge Undead's tissue layers. Finally I added a few more easter egg creatures - look for them in evil biomes.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: [43.05] ZM5's Mod Depository - Ancients, reworked Treants and more!
« Reply #88 on: April 07, 2017, 04:06:37 am »

Larger update today - I've added the regular Cyclopes from Dragon's Dogma (called Gray Cyclopes in-game), and many beasts from Warcraft!
Full list:
-Falcosaurs
-Quilbeasts
-Riverbeasts
-Mandragoras
-Faerie Dragons (only in good forests and grasslands)
-Elekks
-Goren
-Corrupted Treants
I've also added Ancients and Warcraft-style Hobgoblins - both are playable in the same fashion as wild animal people (though Ancients are only in good forests so they might not be available in every world). I also did a slight rework of the regular Treants so they're more like their WC versions, and also slightly changed the Primals - they also now have an Ancient caste, which can use two offensive spells.
The Ancient castes are as follows:
-Ancient Protector - higher innate fighter, wrestler and striker skills, can also toss boulders.
-Ancient of War - high innate combat skills in all weapons - also innate legendary teacher.
-Ancient of Lore - legendary teacher - has Barkskin (increases toughness by 500%) and Mark of the Wild (increases strength, agility and willpower by 150%.
-Ancient of Wind - legendary teacher - has Cyclone (reduces speed to 30% and causes dizziness) and Faerie Fire (reduces toughness and focus to 25%).
-Ancient of Wonders - doubled learning rates for most jobs.
-Tree of Life - has Regrowth, which increases recuperation by 500% and Resurrection.
The Primal Ancients can use the Accelerate Decay spell of the Green Dragons and the Sunbeam spell of the Nature Keepers.
Hobgoblins, meanwhile, have acidic sweat.
Naga, Murlocs and Gorlocs can also now produce weapons out of Razor Coral - Primals on the other hand get Razor Wood weapons. I've removed the Razor trees in favor of the razor wood being unique only to Primals.
Lastly, as a minor thing, I added new descriptors to most races.

In any case - I've uploaded the full and lite versions of the modpack - I'll uploaded the standalone Warcraft version later.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 04:12:10 am by ZM5 »

Shub-Nullgurath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Github
Re: [43.05] ZM5's Mod Depository - Ancients, reworked Treants and more!
« Reply #89 on: April 09, 2017, 04:41:13 am »

If you guys want a diverse and glorious adventurer mode mod from one of THE best base DF modders in the community, take a look at this. Seriously.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 27