Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Optional addon packs (see page 12 for info) - yay or nay?

Yay
Nay

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 27

Author Topic: [47.05] ZM5's Mod Depository - Shadowlands Update  (Read 138400 times)

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
[47.05] ZM5's Mod Depository - Shadowlands Update
« on: June 21, 2016, 04:27:04 pm »

Most of the mods included here are based off of Warcraft and Dragon's Dogma, though there are some creatures from other games (i.e 2 Mortal Kombat races - the Osh-Tekk and the Tarkatans) or stemming from other inspirations - for instance, I have a series of megabeasts based off of the Seven Deadly Sins, and a bunch of other weird creatures, including one I made for the Raw Travesties thread - the Two-humans.

Main features

New playable races
Many new races playable in adventure mode. Due to the amount, not all of them may spawn during generation of smaller worlds, or ones with smaller civilization limits!

On top of that, many of the wild non-civ races are playable as well.

Many of the new races, both civilized and wild ones, have different abilities and spells - others simply diffrentiate themselves with different body details, armored bodies, or unique weapon sets.

New magic knowledge
There are many types of magical knowledge in the vein of necromancy that you can find.

Five of the new magic user types - Sorcerers, Biomancers, Pyromancers, Psychics, and Unholy Knights, will build towers during world generation - if you can defeat their minions you will be able to gain the knowledge they possess!

The others - Blessed Warriors, Paladins, and the Voodoo Priests of the Serpent, Tiger, Bat, and Spider - will not build towers, and as a result will be much tougher to find. However, you may occasionally come across books written by them in libraries around the world, which would grant you the same knowledge - both of the magic user groups may occasionally be found as bandits as well, clutching onto their slabs.

A more hostile, difficult world
There are many, MANY more predatory creatures out in the world.

Additionally, there are many megabeasts that you may hunt in Adventure Mode, or which will attack your settlements in Fortress Mode.

There are a few non-predatory creatures as well, though that is not to say they are completely harmless.

New plants, ores, and weapons
There are many new resources for you to use, found in various biomes around the world - most of them I've added to the biomes that were somewhat empty in vanilla - mostly deserts, tundras, glaciers, and taigas - giving more of an incentive to embark there.
Some of the drinks brewable from the new plants also have some special properties - for example, the Dragon's Brew made from cinderblooms temporarily allows you to spit bolts of magma at enemies; the Lichwine and Mage's Wine, made from the Lichbloom and Mageroyal respectively, grant you a long-term immunity to all types of magic (though "physical" abilities like the Gronn's shout can still affect you) - or the Pandaren Brew made from the Golden Lotus grants you a long-term increase in favorable combat rolls.

There are also many new different types of armor and weapons.

That's about it. Big thanks also to Enemy Post (Rowsdower11 on the DF subreddit) for helping with some troubleshooting and bugfixes, and also Droggarth for helping with live-testing and some feedback.

Also, with the new version, big thanks to Deon for allowing me to use modified versions of his crafting reactions from Wanderer! Keep in mind they aren't included outside of the full packs, since I don't include vanilla raw changes in those which are required for the crafting reactions.

Thanks to peasant cretin for allowing me to use his "Peasant and Forester's" mod, as well as Blaze_1711 for providing reactions for compatibility with it!

Download links:
Lite pack

Addons - require the full pack to work:
Additional Kombatants
Warcraft Derivatives
Kingdoms of Humanity
The Five Dragonflights

Note that some of my other mods, most notably the Cave Revamp, share some material, inorganic and tissue files - if you want to use both of them, just use the templates from this pack, since they're always the most up-to-date and have everything needed for both packs to work.

EDIT: Battle for Azeroth update changes.

Whispers of the Old Gods update changes.

Hero Update changes.

Shadowlands Update changes.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2021, 05:40:36 am by ZM5 »

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: [43.04] ZM5's Mod Depository - Warcraft, Dragon's Dogma, and more!
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2016, 05:01:55 pm »

Glad to see you released this, I've had that description crash before. I think it's caused by variable aspects of a changed description, like having a high ears or a wide head in the new form.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2016, 05:13:28 pm »

That may be the case - I'd have to experiment with it a bit more.

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
  • Ischrotaur Axe Lord [SUPERNATURAL][STRANGE_MOODS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2016, 10:58:50 am »

Awesome. It has been released officially!

Cue the music! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2W1Wi2U9sQ
"I'll make my own way." - Max Rockatansky

cesarjunior233

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2016, 02:20:27 pm »

How to get pyromancy , i am the lord of fire and cynder , in my song of ice and more ice , or a freezing icy song

cesarjunior233

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2016, 04:44:26 pm »

Uhh someone can answer me ?

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2016, 07:58:49 pm »

How to get pyromancy , i am the lord of fire and cynder , in my song of ice and more ice , or a freezing icy song

Find a pyromancer tower like those necromancer towers? I myself have yet to see even the default the necromancer tower ingame still.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2016, 01:01:27 pm »

Ok, new update - did some bugfixes to existing raws, adjusted a few of the language files, and also added three new creatures - the Drowners, undead who appear in evil rivers, lakes and pools and automatically attack the living; Strigois, vampiric creatures who also act like the night trolls, and kidnap people in worldgen to convert them into mates; and Gazers, megabeasts which are large beholder-like creatures with six fanged tentacles, and which can cast various types of spells - they also have a unique Gaze attack that's pretty deadly and can potentially cause several syndromes.

My current goals for now will be to expand the desert beastiary, especially good and evil deserts since those don't have too much unique creatures going for them. I'll probably do a few more miscellaneous creatures as well during this time, and maybe a few glacier/tundra-dwelling civs - not sure if the latter will even be possible as putting civs there seems to cause worldgen to take forever - if that'll be the case again I'll put them in taigas instead, maybe later I'll come back to that concept whenever I add more plant types to those biomes.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 05:37:58 pm by ZM5 »

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2016, 06:29:44 pm »

Interesting, I'll be sure to download this!

Edit: Quick Question, How do I get the mod from the rar files?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 06:33:10 pm by Ardent Debater »

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2016, 06:49:16 pm »

Uhh, not sure what you mean - just extract them with winrar or something and dump them into your DF folder. Just make sure to backup the files I outline in the text file, since some vanilla files are changed.

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2016, 01:07:37 am »

Edit: Quick Question, How do I get the mod from the rar files?

You use WinRAR. You install WinRAR. You open the ".rar" file with WinRAR and you drag it all into the DF folder. It folder of Dwarf Fortress (and "DF" it for Dwarf Fortress acronym). Where you installed Dwarf Fortress. You make backup! Of your Dwarf Fortress folder first! It more easy but time consuming as it need more hard drive space... though on the off note.. me not get how it is "hard drive" since when pre-historic Droggarth the ischrotaur use hard drive to bash a humie in the head with the hard drive, me hard drive broke and me fist got lodged into the the dead humie.. no wait, it was a wall.. me strong but yeah I hit him so hard that the head got gory and pieces and me momentum of fist continued into rock wall... had to ate the humie as I hadn't eaten for months. Note to Droggarth/meself: Hard drives not actually hard, use clubs or fists instead.

*caveman mode off*
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 01:18:17 am by Droggarth »

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: [43.05] ZM5's Mod Depository - Warcraft, Dragon's Dogma, and more!
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2016, 09:51:05 am »

Alright - time for 1.2 - a bit of a bigger update!
Demons now have more castes (most are from the new Legion expansion):
-Inquisitors - levitating casters, consisting only of a floating torso with arms, a horned head and a spinal cord dangling under their torso - they can buff their fellow demons, enhancing their strength or speed, or cast "Shadow Word", which has a 50% chance to cause enough pain to drop their target unconscious. They also sense any creature with GENERAL_POISON through walls, and can't be blinded since they lack eyes.
-Jailers - another type of levitating caster which is only a torso - they have eyes, unlike the jailers, and their role is more offensive - they can use Soul Drain, which slightly reduces strength, agility and toughness, and causes drowsiness, Cause Insanity, which has a slight chance to apply the CRAZED token to the target creature, and Intensify Rage, which is a buff that removes fear from fellow demons and makes them temporarily more prone to anger and violence.
-Wyrmtongue - small horned demons, they are mostly designed for manual labor - they gain most labor skills at a 150% rate - i.e various types of crafts, mining, woodcutting, masonry, smelting, forging, etc. etc.
-Aranasi - winged, vaguely spider-like demons. They can fly and shoot webs, and learn strand extraction and weaving at a 300% rate.
-Wrathguards - related to the Eredar, they are bigger and made for combat. They learn most weapon skills at a 120% rate, unlike the Felguards which learn them at a 200% rate. The only exception is swords, which they learn at a 300% rate - they also learn weapon and armor forging at a 200% rate, and can go into a Berserker Rage.
-Terrorfiend - similar to the Ered'ruin, although with a somewhat different body plan - they have two heads, one is eyeless and is where you'd expect it to be, the other has eyes and replaces the torso/upper body, making them somewhat more difficult to kill.

There's 6 new races:
-Tuskarr - peaceful walrus-like humanoids, they live in towns in the taigas.
-Gorlocs - related to the murlocs, they live in forest retreats in tropical forests.
-Wolvar - wolverine-like humanoids, they live in the same types of places as the Gorlocs and will most likely rivalize with them over conflicting values.
-Quilboar - spiny boar men with 4 tusks - they live in hillocks and fortresses in the deserts and savannas. War-like and prone to rage, although they won't attack on sight, unlike Beast Men for example.
-Furbolgs - bear men, they are at peace with wildlife and won't spook wild animals. They won't impose tree-cutting quotas but they don't exactly appreciate being handed wooden goods.
-Arakkoa - bird men with two castes - one is simply called "arakkoa", they are smaller and cannot fly, whereas the "high arakkoa" are larger than even humans and do possess flight. They live in towns in the mountains and tropical forests.

Several new beasts:
-Makrura - crawfish men on 4 legs, with 2 pincers. Found in various bodies of water, they can join civilizations and mostly act like animal people.
-Grell - wild imps found in savage forests. They can steal items, eat food or drink booze from your supplies, and will pull levers - physically they aren't very large so in combat they shouldn't be a problem.
-Scorpids - giant scorpion-like creatures found in various deserts. They are smaller than arachnatids but their venom is quite a bit more deadly.
-Silithid - giant insects found in savage deserts. They have several castes:
-Wasps, flying attackers with a poisonous sting
-Reavers, large ground attackers that some races may use as mounts
-Workers, smaller ground attackers that also have a venomous stinger (different effects than wasp stings)
-Colossi, gargantuan physical attackers with a horn and two scythes on their arms that can easily turn smaller creatures into mincemeat
-Sand Reavers, which are still very large, although not as big as the colossi, and have a pincer-like stinger at the end of their tails, which injects a different type of venom (most severe effects out of all silithid castes).

-Saurians - lizard men found in various lakes and rivers. There are several different types, appearing in different areas and having different properties (all except the Pyre Saurians also have a "giant" caste that's simply bigger and can appear alongside the smaller ones):
-Standard (Green) Saurians - found in temperate lakes and rivers, they can spit a necrotizing venom.
-Sulfur Saurians - found in tropical lakes and rivers, their spit can temporarily drop your speed. They are less likely to rage than the other saurian types.
-Geo Saurians - found in underground caverns and in the mountains, they spit magma, and their hides are stronger than the other types (in raw terms, any attack aimed at them has it's force reduced).
-Saurian Sages - found in savage lakes and rivers, and also in underground water bodies, they can cast two types of lightning spells - ball lightning, a strong projectile, and liquid lightning, which can cause temporary paralysis. They also have a spit that can cause dizziness, and makes ball lightning more likely to cause more severe damage.
-Pyre Saurians - found in savage rocky deserts and underground caverns, as well as magma lakes, they can spit magma, breathe a superheated gas (works like the Drakonar fire breath - will burn down bodies and cause melting of body parts, but won't set grass and the like on fire). They also have a high body temperature which makes fighting them up close dangerous, should they try to grab a hold of you.

I've also added a few new types of cloth/leather headwear - wide-brimmed hats, top hats, capotains, berets and bandanas. Most of these are restricted to dwarf and human civs, with the exception of bandanas, which are available to most races.

Hope you guys enjoy it.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 11:57:06 am by ZM5 »

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2016, 11:11:39 am »

How do Inquisitiors see through walls?
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2016, 11:36:25 am »

I mean that they sense creatures through walls, same as vampires do. They'll show up as red circles.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2016, 03:36:22 pm »

Quick bugfix - the Sand Reaver's pincer attack was missing the [ATTACK_FLAG_CANLATCH] token - fixed that.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 27