Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Optional addon packs (see page 12 for info) - yay or nay?

Yay
Nay

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 27

Author Topic: [47.05] ZM5's Mod Depository - Shadowlands Update  (Read 138437 times)

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: [43.05] ZM5's Mod Depository - Warcraft, Dragon's Dogma, and more!
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2016, 02:16:59 pm »

LIttle bit of a preview of what's to come in the next update - I'll probably release it during the weekend, after I add a few more wild creatures.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You might recognize some of these by the descriptions. If not, here's some hints to test your Warcraft nerdyness levels - one was a race introduced in WC3 and is playable in WoW, one was introduced in vanilla WoW and possesses multiple castes, one was introduced in Cata, one is from the new Legion expansion pack, and two will be part of a new faction-esque race (similar to the Legion Demons) - both were introduced in WoD.

And yes, I did a Naga revamp - they now have 3 more castes - female only Sea Witches, like in WC3, that have 3 types of projectile attacks; male only Naga Anomalies, which are based off of Warlord Naj'entus's model from TBC - they're more defensive and have a layer of shells around some of their body parts; and male only Naga Brutes, which are from the new Legion expansion pack and are basically big, strong and dumb (also they have legs and 6 eyes unlike the other naga).

I'm gonna add a few more wild creatures before I make the release - from Warcraft I'd like to add Observer demons from TBC, perhaps Raptors too, as well as the Gronn and Magnaron as megabeasts - whereas from Dragon's Dogma I'm planning on making DD-style goblins (standard ones will be called "feral goblins" - the stronger variants will keep the Grimgoblin and Greater Goblin names - most likely will all be parts of the same "creature" with different castes), as well as Evil and Vile Eyes - Evil Eyes will be a semimega, weaker version of the Gazers, whereas Vile Eyes will be the "wild" variant that will be found underground.

I was also considering making the Fallen from Diablo as a skulking kobold-type race, with the stronger variants, i.e Carvers and Devilkin being stronger "castes" along with the Fallen Shamans. Dunno what you guys think, though.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2016, 02:41:26 pm »

PTW
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2016, 04:16:48 pm »

Alright, another quick progress update.
Spoiler: Feral goblins (click to show/hide)
The "hobgoblin" variant will actually be called "black goblin" in-game since hobgoblin is already taken - had to rename vanilla DF trolls to that.

They'll be a skulking race ala the kobolds, but with more available armor types and weapons, and not as cowardly. I'm still doing discipline tweaks and such to make sure they don't run at the first sight of opposition - goblin shamans can sorta prevent that with their "protect" spell that increases toughness threefold and gives NOFEAR, but as they can only target up to 3 targets at once it's doesn't help much when there's groups of 8 or more - they're the most rare caste too so they're not always available.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2016, 11:37:57 am »

Released the new update - version 1.3 now.
New races:
-Drogbar - a race from the Legion expansion pack - large, underground dwelling humanoids who value strength.
-Tol'vir - a race from Cataclysm - quadruped wild-cat men.
-Tauren - everyone even mildly interested in WC should know these guys - they have a unique weapon available only via reaction, the War Totems that were used by the Tauren units in WC3 - it's a slow but strong type of weapon, ala the Dragonslayer, and can only be made out of wood.
-Primals - a "faction" race from WoD. Consists of Podlings, the Botani, the Infested, and the Genesaurs which are very rare but are the third biggest creature type (often saw them get 100s of notable kills in worldgen, and even more unnotable ones). They are somewhat tougher physically due to having bark instead of skin - the Infested also have vines growing from their hands that can be used for lashing. If you decide to play in fort mode, just keep in note they will also impose wood-cutting quotas like the Elves do.
-Qiraji - multi-caste race of hostile insect-like humanoids. The base caste is a simple biped covered in a tough carapace; the Gladiators have pincers instead of hands and a single horn, and are quite large; the Swarmguards lack the carapace of the other types, but can fly instead and have scythe-like blades on their hands; and the Eight-legged (or Prophet) caste has several psychic abilities that they can use.

On top of that, as I mentioned, the Naga got a revamp, now having 3 more castes - Sea Witches, Naga Anomalies and Naga Brutes.

New megabeasts:
-the Gronn - gargantuan one-eyed humanoids. They have a strong projectile attack, an AOE knockback dust-type attack, and can use a shout which can cause dizziness in up to 5 nearby enemies. While they are counted as semimegabeasts in the raws, so there's more of them, they have the same attack triggers as the stronger megabeasts.
-the Magnaron - tougher relatives of the Gronn. They have a layer of stone over their limbs, granting some amount of protection, and have the same shout and dust attack as the Gronn - their projectile attack is shorter range, but can fire up to 3 boulders at a time, and they can also use a Reverberating Pulse which can cause pain and dizziness on top of lowering speed.
-Evil Eyes - semimegabeast versions of the Gazers - the Gazers themselves got one new special attack and their other ones were buffed, whereas the previous versions were moved to the Evil Eye. They are much smaller, lack the poison gas attack and have 9 tentacles instead of 6.

Other creatures:
-Feral Goblins - as in the previous post, they are the Dragon's Dogma-style goblins - they have several castes, which are progressively bigger, and they basically serve as a stronger equivalent to vanilla Kobolds.
-Vile Eye - the smallest relative of the Gazer family, they are kobold-size and have the weakest magical abilities of the three - of course, that still means they're tougher than most other creatures of a similar size.
-Observer - the flying squid-like Demons from The Burning Crusade. They are found underground and in evil biomes, and can use three different types of eye beams - one can cause enough pain to instantly knock their target unconscious, one can cause blindness, and the last can cause necrosis, a fever, and coughing blood.

There's also a new type of tree found in savage tropical jungles, called the Razor tree - unlike other types of wood, it has qualities on par with iron - although due to their specific biome setup they're very rare.

Didn't add the Raptors yet - that'll definitely be in the next update along with several of the smaller wild creatures. As for new races, not sure yet what I'll go for.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2016, 09:34:39 am »

I noticed you had fel orcs. do you have an ingestion syndrome in demon blood that turns orcs to fel orcs?
how about killer bunnies? only holy antioch metal can harm it.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 09:38:28 am by pikachu17 »
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2016, 11:06:08 am »

I noticed you had fel orcs. do you have an ingestion syndrome in demon blood that turns orcs to fel orcs?
how about killer bunnies? only holy antioch metal can harm it.
I don't have the ingestion syndrome though I might add it at a later point - only problem with that would be that I don't think you can add separate syndromes for materials like blood without adding separate materials for each caste - only Pit Lords/Annihilan should have the orc-corrupting properties.
Killer bunnies would be amusing but they're not really my territory.

I noticed the aforementioned syndrome thing with my Cursed Lust creature, which I fixed in this update (1.3.1) - prior to that they both had their syndromes attached to SPIT which made the game only use the one which was defined last - I separated it into POISON and VENOM so now they work as intended.

Also added VASCULAR_ONLY to the syndromes of most undead creatures - now they should no longer rot teeth, bones, etc. - pretty horrifying mental image but not what I had in mind. Lastly I removed some inappropriate-sounding words from the Draenei and Tol'vir languages.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2016, 12:56:25 pm »

I don't have the ingestion syndrome though I might add it at a later point - only problem with that would be that I don't think you can add separate syndromes for materials like blood without adding separate materials for each caste - only Pit Lords/Annihilan should have the orc-corrupting properties.
Yes you can, I do it in my warhammer mod.
Spoiler: look (click to show/hide)

By the way, have you considered splitting the warcraft stuff off into it's own mod?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2016, 01:45:03 pm »

Oh nice, gonna have to try that out, then - now the thing is, can you add multiple syndromes to it? So only male orcs are transformed into male fel orcs and only females are transformed into female ones?

And no, I haven't really given the split idea too much thought, but if enough people want the packs separated then I'd do it.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2016, 02:01:27 pm »

Oh nice, gonna have to try that out, then - now the thing is, can you add multiple syndromes to it? So only male orcs are transformed into male fel orcs and only females are transformed into female ones?

And no, I haven't really given the split idea too much thought, but if enough people want the packs separated then I'd do it.
Everything seems to indicate that any material can have multiple syndromes
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2016, 04:00:34 pm »

Alright, if that's the case then it'll be in the next update.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2016, 04:48:00 pm »

This is the mod I never even knew I wanted.

Is there a Scourge faction?

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2016, 04:54:45 pm »

Not yet but I plan on doing them as well eventually. Might be a bit tricky as I'd like to add Liches to them and they are bone only instead of flesh and blood, which means having to figure out a way to have separate materials for each caste.

Some types of Warcraft undead already are in as separate creatures, though. Abominations, Geists, Wights, and Ghouls - also Gargoyles though they're not quite WC Gargoyles (will probably have to add them later with some altered name or change the current gargoyles).
Plaguebearers could be considered an equivalent of the Plague Eruptors from WotLK but I had the Darksiders 2 Abominations more in mind when I made them.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 04:57:30 pm by ZM5 »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2016, 04:57:30 pm »

Not yet but I plan on doing them as well eventually. Might be a bit tricky as I'd like to add Liches to them and they are bone only instead of flesh and blood, which means having to figure out a way to have separate materials for each caste.

Some types of Warcraft undead already are in as separate creatures, though. Abominations, Geists, Wights, and Ghouls - also Gargoyles though they're not quite WC Gargoyles (will probably have to add them later with some altered name or change the current gargoyles).
Plaguebearers could be considered an equivalent of the Plague Eruptors from WotLK but I had the Darksiders 2 Abominations more in mind when I made them.
Spoiler: pssst (click to show/hide)
Change as needed, of course.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2016, 05:27:26 pm »

Oh damn, I didn't know you could substitute a tissue layer with NONE - if I knew I wouldn't have made separate layers for skinless creatures like meat golems or nuckelavees.

Anyway, thanks for showing me how to do it - I have to say it doesn't look quite as complicated in retrospect as I thought it'd be - just gonna take a lot of space (although the Legion demons currently do as well so I guess it's not gonna be so bad).

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2016, 02:40:14 pm »

Not dead yet - I admit I have been a bit burnt out on DF which is why I haven't been making updates here on or on my story thread.
Anyway, slight preview of what's gonna be in the next update - you can probably guess by the weapon types which "arc" I'm doing now.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 27