Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Optional addon packs (see page 12 for info) - yay or nay?

Yay
Nay

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 27

Author Topic: [47.05] ZM5's Mod Depository - Shadowlands Update  (Read 138418 times)

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: [43.05] ZM5's Mod Depository - Warcraft pack now standalone!
« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2016, 02:44:46 am »

Alright, I've updated the raws and streamlined them a little bit so it shouldn't give the attack errors anymore.

I'm still not sure about the joints thing - I think I'll have to make a more generic joint bodyplan to use for creatures that are multi-armed.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #46 on: September 19, 2016, 10:15:46 am »

Not dead yet - small progress update. I've added Proto Dragons to the savage mountains, glaciers, tundras and taigas, and also added Drakeadons as megabeasts - if you remember Chromaggus back from Vanilla WoW, that's what they are. They have double the requirement of exported/imported wealth as other megabeasts, as they have every breath attack of the other dragon types, with the exception of Cursed Dragons, and are slightly larger. They lack wings but have 2 heads and 5 horns on each of them.

I'm also revamping the languages for the naga, trolls, orcs and ogres - naga and trolls are already done. Once I do the orc and ogre revamps, I'm gonna add a few more wild creatures, then once that's done I'll start on the Forsaken and Scourge races.

I'm also thinking of revamping the Vrykul civs and personalities a little bit to make them more varied, given the characterization they have in Legion - the old Vrykul personality/civ values will go to Frost Vrykul, which I think of adding as well.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #47 on: September 19, 2016, 06:30:50 pm »

Alright, I'm done with the language revamps - I've also started work on the Forsaken - currently my plans are to give them several castes which are undead versions of some current races - Humans, Elves and Gnomes - the main diffrentiation between those would be skill growth rates and size - and also a Banshee caste with some unique abilities. I'm not sure what other castes to add to them to be perfectly honest, since that's what most of their forces in WoW consist of.

The Scourge faction will be compromised of more monstrous undead to contrast - there will be a few average-sized humanoid castes, most likely with some magical abilities or other features, i.e Cultists would be able to raise the dead, the Darkfallen would be vampiric, Vargul would have similar higher weapon skill learning rates as the corporeal Vrykul, the Val'kyr would be able to fly and resurrect other undead, then there's the Crypt Fiends and Crypt Lords which would have similar abilities as living Nerubians.

I'm thinking the Scourge will potentially have more castes than the demons - since aside from the above it'd also include skeletal undead (regular skeletons, liches, and bone wraiths, like Lord Marrowgar) constructs (flesh giants, flesh titans, flesh beasts, also the somewhat cyborg-like Grobbulus flesh giant variant which I'm not sure what I'll name yet), and some incorporeals (so banshees, shades and specters - I don't like reusing the banshee caste but since they are probably more prominent in the Scourge it's only fitting).
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 03:31:57 pm by ZM5 »

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2016, 07:25:29 pm »

Quick update again - done with the Forsaken, did some live world testing as a banshee.

They have two more abilities - the sonic wave functions as a projectile, they can also scream to induce fear in nearby creatures, and can also use a curse which drops combat rolls - essentially it works the same as the mummy curse, only it's not permanent - lasts 100 tics and has a fairly long cooldown so it can't really be abused - I might drop the duration of the curse before release, though.
They're normal flesh and blood while alive but on death they evaporate into energy and leave no body behind - I'm not entirely sure if they're supposed to be incorporeal or not so I'll just go with the same sort of feature as the Kvaldir.

I'll work on the Scourge faction soon, I'll do a little preview of that once I have the initial version done, then afterwards I'll touch up any issues I notice. I'll add some more wild creatures afterwards, not sure which ones yet.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #49 on: September 23, 2016, 06:19:58 pm »

Spoiler: Combat logs (click to show/hide)
So I'm nearly finished with the Scourge race - some combat logs from arena testing - I first had a squad of skeletals, consisting of 4 skeletal mages armed with quarterstaffs, several regular skeletons, 2 liches and a bone wraith armed with a steel axe, versus some miscellaneous races; I then did one with a blight aberration (the Grobbulus-style flesh giants - the WotLK ones are simply called "flesh giants"), some plague eruptors (the big, hulking mutant zombies from WotLK) and several unarmed plague cultists (they're one of the regular cultist castes - they'll have some innate biomancy-related abilities). Turned quite brutal, as you can see.

Right now they're very bare-bones, as I'm still ironing out some issues - they will have full interactions, syndrome-causing fluids and all that once I'm done, though. Shades caused me a bit of a problem, as at first they only dented the skin and nothing else - as they're incorporeal, they'd mostly attack with edged attacks, like the ethereals. My current workaround for it is to have them made out of mist and energy - the mist is the stand-in for the wrappings, since I figured "tearing the mist" doesn't sound that weird. I'll try to find a better way to go about it eventually.

In any case, the full list of castes right now is as follows:
-Humanoids
      -the Damned - only mortal caste, supposed to serve as the "basic" cannon-fodder caste.
      -Unholy Cultists - the necromancers - they'll have atleast one curse type, and several different types of raise dead-esque interactions.
      -Plague Cultists - similar to the above, only they'll have biomancy-related spells, mostly for debilitating enemies and causing infections.
      -Plague Eruptors - large, mutated zombies - they'll have some types of toxic breath attacks that cause syndromes, potentially one that induces a form of zombification. Also their bites would cause the same syndromes.
      -Darkfallen - vampiric, undead elves - I haven't decided yet what abilities they'll have besides being able to suck blood.
      -Crypt Fiend - undead nerubians - will have the same web-shooting ability.
      -Crypt Lord - undead spiderlords - again, similar to their living versions, aside from undeath benefits.
      -Vargul - undead vrykul - will have higher learning rates for weapons, like their living counterparts.

-Constructs (all are counted as "male" for description purposes - logically they should be genderless though)
      -Flesh Giant - same size as Sea Giants, will have higher learning rates for metalsmithing-related skills.
      -Flesh Titan - same size as vanilla Giants, will have some electricity related abilities. Also have metal plates around some parts of their body that can potentially block damage.
      -Flesh Beast (based off of Festergut and Rotface) - smallest type of construct, although still very large - they'll have several gas and sludge breath attacks that will cause syndromes. Also have lots of redundant limbs that, while not usable for attacking, will most likely absorb some blows from AI-controlled creatures. On top of that, since they have eyes, well, everywhere, blinding them non-magically isn't really an option.
      -Blight Aberration (the aforementioned Grobbulus-esque construct type) - bigger than the Flesh Beast but smaller than the Giant. They have a different body plan, with their upper halves being regular flesh-and-blood, but their legs and lower bodies are metal and bone, making them more difficult to cripple - some of their other body parts are also reinforced by metal. They also have two attachments - a syringe and a hammer - the hammer allows for a stronger melee attack, whereas the syringe will be used to inject syndrome-causing ooze; on top of that, they have a tank of ooze on their lower bodies and several tubes, that can cause rapid bleeding out if damaged. Lastly, they cannot be blinded, as they lack eyes completely.

-Incorporeals (Banshees and Spectres technically are normal flesh-and-blood while alive - as I've mentioned, I'm not sure if they're supposed to be fully incorporeal or only corporeal until they are killed)
    -Banshees - same as Forsaken Banshees, more or less.
    -Spectre - male equivalent to the Banshees, they'll have more curse-related abilities in place of the sonic wave projectile and fear-inducing scream.
    -Shade - fully incorporeal - they can fly, and can avoid traps, but will also quickly flee fights - I'll give them some temporary blinding ability for when they try to flee, perhaps some debilitating curses as well.
    -Val'kyr - sort of a mix of both - they have metal armor covering most of their body, but beneath that they're incorporeal - they have some blunt attacks, and also some edged attacks more similar to the likes of shades and ethereals. They'll also have an interaction that lets them resurrect other types of scourge undead.

-Skeletals (again, except for the Liches they should most likely be genderless - mages and regular skeletons have male and female versions, bone wraiths are male only)
    -Regular Skeletons - made entirely out of bone - don't feel fear, pain and cannot be stunned, as you'd expect.
    -Skeleton Mage - will have some types of magic - not sure what yet. Will be slightly easier to kill than regular skeletons due to having soul gems in their chests.
    -Lich - will have frost and necromantic magic - they can fly as they're only a torso. Males also have tusks and horns that the females lack.
    -Bone Wraith - four-headed, winged, floating torsos - they'll be the "physical fighter" equivalent to the liches, having higher weapon skill learning rates.

I'm also thinking of adding a "Lich King" caste that would serve as the leader of the undead civs, and possess several powerful abilities - I'll toy with the idea a bit.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #50 on: September 24, 2016, 11:57:26 am »

Nearly done with the Scourge race - Flesh Beasts, Plague Eruptors and Blight Aberrations all have their own syndrome fluids now, and all the castes now have their descriptions working. Only thing left to do with them now is to make some interactions for the spellcaster castes.

Afterwards, I'll mod in some more wild undead creatures, including frostwyrms, and a few more miscellaneous creatures - at that point I'll release the update.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2016, 04:58:59 pm »

Scourge race done - Frost Vrykul also added. After I'm done with some live world testing, I'll add a few more wild creatures, then I'll be done with this update - expect a release soon.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: [43.05] ZM5's Mod Depository - Undead Invasion!
« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2016, 04:10:07 pm »

Time for a new update - I've added the Forsaken and Scourge factions, and also the Frost Vrykul, and did several language revamps and bugfixes. Also added Drakeadons as megabeasts who have the breath attacks of every other dragon. I've also added three wild beasts - Proto-dragons, Frostwyrms and Plague-dogs. The latter two can be found in some evil biomes - mountains, glaciers, and tundras (also taigas, temperate shrublands and forests for Plague-dogs), whereas Proto-dragons can be found in savage mountains, glaciers, taigas and tundras.

Also, an awesome pixel artist by the name of GalacticBlimp did a drawing of my Unending Gluttony design - check it out:
Spoiler: Somewhat NSFW (click to show/hide)

Check out his Twitter here and give him some love!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 05:10:03 pm by ZM5 »

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #53 on: September 29, 2016, 02:36:34 am »

Tiny update - I think I've pretty much removed all of the errorlog entries.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 29, 2016, 09:41:31 am »

That's good to hear, it's nice to have an empty errorlog.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 29, 2016, 01:46:43 pm »

While you both are here, I figured out why I was having trouble using Star Wars and Warcraft together. These two mods have five conflicting body type things ("duped raws") with each other:

• [BODY:4WINGS] - almost the same (different names for the wings)
  • [BODY:6EYES] - identical
  • [BODY:4HEAD_HORN] - almost identical ("forth horn" vs "fourth horn")
  • [BODY:SNOUT] - conflicting (one is a nose, the other is a mouth)
  • [BODY:HUMANOID_6ARMS_NECK] - conflicting (one has legs, the other doesn't)

Source of current raw conflicts:

Spoiler: Warcraft - BODY:4WINGS (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Warcraft - BODY:6EYES (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Star Wars - BODY:6EYES (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Warcraft - BODY:SNOUT (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Star Wars - BODY:SNOUT (click to show/hide)

A few options for resolving the conflicts between these two mods:

• Add prefixes/suffixes to all body types:
The simplest way to both resolve these conflicts and prevent future conflicts is to use prefixes or suffixes with everything, but these are both pretty large mods to try to add suffixes to everything.

• Add prefixes/suffixes to only the conflicting body types:
Another option would be to only add prefixes for these 5 things and add more as needed when any more conflicts come up.

• Resolve the conflicts without prefixes/suffixes:
It seems like the reason these have conflicts is that they are both trying to follow the naming system of vanilla. Maybe we could look to the vanilla naming system for some ideas on how these could be resolved.

For those two body types that are almost the same (4WINGS and 4HEAD_HORN), maybe you two could agree on something that works for both. And then with those and 6EYES, store those three identical body types in some kind of "body_commons.txt" file that would be named the same in both mods. (So if a user tries to install both mods, one will overwrite the other and there won't be any duped raws. )
Then maybe the StarWars' SNOUT could be renamed to "MOUTHSNOUT" or something, since vanilla snouts are actually noses. And then maybe the Warcraft's HUMANOID_6ARMS_NECK could be renamed to HUMANOID_LEGLESS_6ARMS_NECK, since that is the naming style that vanilla uses for legless creatures similar to this.

Just some ideas if you two wanted to be compatible. Not a mandatory thing.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 01:49:46 pm by jecowa »

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #56 on: September 29, 2016, 04:02:05 pm »

I could rename them, but to be perfectly honest I don't entirely understand why someone would want to combine both a total-conversion mod with one that's supposed to be an expansion to vanilla DF. Even thematically it'd be...really odd.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 29, 2016, 04:38:25 pm »

I'll change mine with suffixes for the conflicting parts next time I update. I fully support anyone who wants to play Dwarf Fortress and World of Warcraft at the same time while also watching Star Wars.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 04:49:35 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 29, 2016, 04:50:41 pm »

The Burning Legion are invading a new world. A dark portal has opened connecting the worlds of Azeroth and Tatooine. Now the heroes of the Horde and Alliance must venture forth to stop them.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #59 on: September 29, 2016, 05:19:13 pm »

That's bizarre almost on a fanfiction so-bad-its-good level - I'll definitely rename my own body plans for the next update, then.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 27