Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Optional addon packs (see page 12 for info) - yay or nay?

Yay
Nay

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 27

Author Topic: [47.05] ZM5's Mod Depository - Shadowlands Update  (Read 139792 times)

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: [44.07] ZM5's Mod Depository - Elemental Unrest
« Reply #210 on: March 18, 2018, 06:10:34 am »

Quick fix to my Kingdoms of Humanity addon - one of the Kul Tiran castes had the wrong tile, so I changed it.

ninjajack2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 18, 2018, 11:17:02 pm »

Just a quick question about the game and possible tilesets you think would work with the mod if any. I understand that you normally do not play with a tileset, i was just curious as ive seen your work on the MDF pack and was a bit confused >.<

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #212 on: March 19, 2018, 04:18:53 am »

I think most of them would work, but you'd have to install them manually. Even then, I don't think there's a single tileset that has graphics for the creatures in any of my packs - if there was I would have already linked it in the first post. If someone were to add support that'd be fine by me, but I'm also not actively gonna ask people because it'd be an utterly gargantuan undertaking even for just one of my packs.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 04:23:14 am by ZM5 »

ninjajack2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 19, 2018, 06:22:55 am »

alright was wondering. I am pretty sure there some who would do it but if its about asking them, then just put it out there that you would feature their work?

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #214 on: March 19, 2018, 10:11:54 am »

I'll ask on the subforum if anyone would be up for that - I admit it'd feel sorta awkward for me to reach out like that instead of having people do stuff on their own. Still if I get support for that I'll put up installs which have the tilesets installed by default as well as links to the sets themselves.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: [44.08] ZM5's Mod Depository - Elemental Unrest
« Reply #215 on: March 30, 2018, 03:34:56 am »

Minor update - updated the full packs to 08. I've also given the dark dwarves a bit of a new gimmick - they're immune to fire now, so they should function a lot better with their molten giant and flamewaker allies. I've also changed some of the internal identifiers some Warcraft creatures had, since they lacked the WC_ prefix I give them, and increased the petvalues for most of the new creatures.

I've updated the addons for compatibility as well - also, Dalaranians now have Arcane Guardians as pets. I've altered the description of the Guardians a bit now to reflect they wouldn't always be Blood Elf exclusive now. Twilight Draconians entity file had the wrong identifier, so I fixed that as well.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: [44.09] ZM5's Mod Depository - Elemental Unrest
« Reply #216 on: April 02, 2018, 05:58:56 am »

Minor update - there was a missing bracket in one of the body plans that could have been causing issues, so I amended that. I also updated the text files for the pack along with updating the full pack to 44.09.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #217 on: April 07, 2018, 08:22:12 am »

Minor update - updated the slime material used by a few creatures, so now they should melt properly when exposed to enough heat.

Sometime before BFA comes out and after I'm done with the first pass of my good/evil biome revamp, I'll update this pack a bit more substantially - there's still quite a few loose creatures I haven't done, such as the frenzies, the WoW-style oozes (the Sludge Monstrosity currently in is based off of the WC3 design), the WoW-style zombies which would have different variants (regular zombs which are just humanoids, "perforated" ones with arrows sticking out of them that would be a butchering return, "sheath" zombies with a sword piercing through them, or one-armed ones), or the elemental pandarian spirits, amongst others.

I'll also add a new caste to the Naga then, to represent Azshara's model, considering she's going to be seen in BFA and we know enough about her for me not to have to worry about naming or lore-related stuff.
I gotta say, I'll be pretty hyped to start working on the BFA stuff, given the datamined stuff. Some newer choice favourites:
-"Beast Men" - kinda reminiscent of the Swinefolk from Darkest Dungeon - they have a few variants as well, with some having a beaked head, or having blades instead of one or both hands.
-Drust Realm Creature - no real name yet, also no info on them, but they look pretty cool.
-Blood Abomination - a boss using this model is called an "unbound abomination" - no real lore on it yet either (though its probably some spawn of G'huun).

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #218 on: April 10, 2018, 09:23:23 am »

Can this work with the lazy Newb Pack?

That is, if I install it to an existing LNP, it would work?
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #219 on: April 10, 2018, 11:49:46 am »

Can this work with the lazy Newb Pack?

That is, if I install it to an existing LNP, it would work?

It should work with the launcher and various utilities I think - the only issue would be tilesets or installing stuff using the LNP since it'd reset everything to vanilla DF raws. You'd just have to install the raws and data/speech folder manually, then launching using the LNP should work. The same would go for the rest of my mods.

I admit there's no real tileset compatibility with this - I've asked on the tileset sub-board, but I haven't gotten responses on there, though YetAnotherLurker messaged me about it on discord and outlined some issues that could crop up with trying to make one for this pack.
It's not entirely surprising to me, since for clarity purposes I do admit it would be difficult for some creatures for a variety of reasons - either not looking distinct enough within a tileset's style (i.e worgs, which are just horse-sized wolves - would be difficult to diffrentiate them and the vanilla giant wolves, for example), being a bit too complex and resulting in the sprite looking blurry and unclear (hecatoncheir comes to mind - a giant with five heads and ten arms), or multi-caste creatures, since there's no support yet for graphics for individual castes.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 11:55:24 am by ZM5 »

cesarjunior233

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: April 12, 2018, 07:38:38 pm »

What about you try to add a way for tame animals in adventure mode ?

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #221 on: April 13, 2018, 03:55:12 am »

That's impossible. Gotta wait until Toady adds it in.

cesarjunior233

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: April 13, 2018, 08:03:56 pm »

How can I talk with him ?

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #223 on: April 14, 2018, 01:21:43 am »

You'd normally ask on FoTF. I don't see much of a point though, as adventure mode pets are a candidate for one of the pre-big wait updates.

cesarjunior233

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: April 14, 2018, 08:26:43 am »

Ok thanks....Will be cool when we get pets OWO
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 27