Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Optional addon packs (see page 12 for info) - yay or nay?

Yay
Nay

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27

Author Topic: [47.05] ZM5's Mod Depository - Shadowlands Update  (Read 138033 times)

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: [47.04] ZM5's Mod Depository - Hero Update
« Reply #360 on: April 26, 2020, 10:39:08 am »

Alright, it took forever but I've got a new update out. Only the lite pack and the addon downloads are updated.

Biggest changes and additions are to the Warcraft pack. As the thread name now indicates, I've added plenty of castes to the vast majority of civilized races - this includes some of the addon ones. These include castes representing many of the WC3 hero and caster units, or ones that were feasible anyway, as well as notable WoW npcs/bosses - i.e High Elf Priests and Sorceresses, Blood Mages for Blood Elves, alongside Spellbreakers, Blood Knights, Priests and Sorceresses, Night Elf Demon Hunters/Huntresses, Wardens, Druids of the Claw/Talon/Moon/Wild and Archdruids, Orc Shamans, Forest Trolls have Eagle/Bear/Lynx/Dragonhawk Avatars representing the Amani bosses in Zul'aman, etc. etc. Almost every single race has additional castes now - way too many to list in this post, so I recommend looking through the help files instead. Most of the casters are smaller on average and generally lack physical attribute bonuses, but have magic spells to compensate - some hero exceptions are different warrior/paladin equivalents. Iron Guardians were renamed to Titan-forged, and now also have different Titanic Keepers as castes (similar to the ones held by the Titanic Watcher megabeast - said megabeast is now called the Corrupted Watcher, but is otherwise the same - the abilities of both the Titan-forged and Corrupted Watcher versions are somewhat different).

This doesn't only include civilized races however - wild races like the Makrura have caster variants, and some wild animals also have alternate castes (i.e Fel Hounds now have regular Fel Hounds as a baseline caste, and Fel Ravagers using their Reforged model as a stronger variant, or as another example, Arachnatids are split up into melee-only Warriors, ranged Barbed Arachnatids and large, Overlord leaders). The races from the Warcraft addons also have similar additional castes, i.e Stormwindian Paladins with similar abilities to the WC3 Paladin hero, Stromic Crusaders, Hill Dwarf Shamans or the Lightforged now having Clerics and Vindicators.

As a result, however, I removed the Demon Hunter and different Druid spell knowledge types.

A new race has been added, the Mountain Dwarves - basically Ironforge Dwarves. They're mostly there to be a basic playable fort mode race, without much in the way of gimmicks - that way I don't have to mess with vanilla game dwarves as much. Their unique caste are Mountain Dwarf Warriors - Mountain King stand-ins.

There's only a single new megabeast, the Fallen Avatar (Avatar of Sargeras stand-in). There are two potential dark pits rulers, however - the Fallen Titan (Sargeras stand-in) and the Helqueen (Helya stand-in). They're both about as tough as you'd expect (though the Fallen Titan obviously isn't up-to-scale).

I retired the Additional Entities addon - the civs from it have either been moved to the derivatives addon (i.e Kvaldir, Felborne, Void Elves or the Chromatic/Twilight/Nether Draconians) or to the base pack (Pygmies, Mur'gul and Magnataur). The derivatives pack itself has gained two races - Polar Furbolgs (more aggressive, hostile furbolgs that live in arctic areas) and Stone Troggs (they were decoupled from the regular Troggs). Several new creatures as well - Revenants of the Seas, Arcane Mutants (Dalaran Mutant creep, using the Reforged model), Spirit Beasts (unused felhound-like unit from WC3, using the Reforged models for them as a base),  or the Reject Slime (Dalaran Reject creep).

The Dragon's Dogma pack got some updates - I've added the basic Dragon's Dogma undead (so regular zombies with a stout undead caste) as an invading civ type - also DD-style skeletons (with regular, fighter, mage and skeleton lord variants). Death also now roams the caverns as a rare encounter. Pawns with several variants can also be gained as companions, provided you roll well at a shrine - they have different abilities and skill learning rates depending on their caste.

Not much changes with the mythological pack - added a Tarasque megabeast - more of the classical "six-legged part-dragon part-turtle part-lion with a scorpion tail" type, rather than the DND one.

Lastly I added several new weapons, some you might have seen in the For Honor addon I released for the assorted pack. Mostly Japanese and Chinese weapons.

Crashes should stop happening now, as I've removed the no_eat/drink tokens from all intelligent creatures. This unfortunately results in races/creatures that really shouldn't be eating now doing so (i.e wraiths, different Elementals, skeletal undead), but eh, it might be easier to get them to gain buffs from some plant types or alcohol now.

Make sure to remove the creature_wc_unique_playable_allies_zm5.txt file, the creatures from it have all been moved to the derivatives pack.

That should be it, hope you guys enjoy the update.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2020, 11:43:43 am by ZM5 »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: April 26, 2020, 12:42:36 pm »

Exceptional work. I've wondered in the past if it was worth it doing this kind of work, and decided not to. This has me rethinking that.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Kingra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: April 26, 2020, 02:40:44 pm »

Y'know? It would probably be a good idea to separate the mythology, MK, Sin and OC packs from the warcraft stuff
I like using the myhology and OC stuff specifically, but I don't like having to have the warcraft stuff mixed in with it.
Maybe put em in the Assorted creature pack with the other stuff?

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #363 on: April 27, 2020, 03:32:15 am »

Y'know? It would probably be a good idea to separate the mythology, MK, Sin and OC packs from the warcraft stuff
I like using the myhology and OC stuff specifically, but I don't like having to have the warcraft stuff mixed in with it.
Maybe put em in the Assorted creature pack with the other stuff?
I tried doing that much earlier but its kind of a fool's errand at this point, all the stuff is too tangled together between the interactions, body plans, material plans and everything else the creatures use. Problem mainly came from the fact that I didn't split up the stuff before I released the mod to begin with - didn't have the foresight to do so, plus I originally never even intended to release it.
I might try giving the splitting another go later, but dunno how it'll work out.

CheekoNoBreeko

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: April 27, 2020, 12:03:58 pm »

How i select race? i dont know PLS Help!  :'(

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #365 on: April 27, 2020, 02:01:34 pm »

In fort mode on the embark screen you press tab until you get to the civ select screen. Select through them with - and + and then check the neighbors screen - the race at the very top is the one that you'd be playing.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: April 27, 2020, 02:02:00 pm »

Hello, I tried to make a lamellar curirass (as a valkyrie), but instead I practiced my armorsmithing but made nothing of note.
Edit: But making a breasplate did work.
Edit 2: I looked into the files. Reagent 1 is labeled as "plates", but material is taken from "plating". This may be the cause.
Edit 3: Yes, it is the cause.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 02:20:33 pm by Mathel »
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

CheekoNoBreeko

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: April 27, 2020, 02:28:43 pm »

In fort mode on the embark screen you press tab until you get to the civ select screen. Select through them with - and + and then check the neighbors screen - the race at the very top is the one that you'd be playing.
But how i can play with dwarf? or other civ? :D

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #368 on: April 27, 2020, 03:09:25 pm »

But how i can play with dwarf? or other civ? :D
Thats what I was just referring to. It only lets you play the civs that are genned in a world. So not every world would have dwarves, or gnomes or forsaken or any other playable race. You can remove playability from races by going into raw/objects, opening up the entity_namehere.txt files and removing the [SITE_CONTROLLABLE] token.

Hello, I tried to make a lamellar curirass (as a valkyrie), but instead I practiced my armorsmithing but made nothing of note.
Edit: But making a breasplate did work.
Edit 2: I looked into the files. Reagent 1 is labeled as "plates", but material is taken from "plating". This may be the cause.
Edit 3: Yes, it is the cause.
Got it, uploaded the fix, along with an issue I noticed with lesser strigois (had two :'s in the caste name resulting in them being called nothings) and one for kingdoms of humanity - stormwind priests weren't able to use their abilities due to a mistake on my part (copied their caste over one too many times).

bben2032

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: May 09, 2020, 05:49:46 am »

Hi, I'm very new to modding and bay12forums but I'm curious what application I need to use in order to download the mod.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: May 09, 2020, 11:45:34 am »

Hi, I'm very new to modding and bay12forums but I'm curious what application I need to use in order to download the mod.

Any internet browser to download, a .7z capable unpacker (such as 7zip or winrar) to unpack, Dwarf Fortress to play.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #371 on: June 01, 2020, 06:46:47 am »

Small update - fixed an issue with Nightmare Spider descriptions in the derivatives pack - also removed NOEXERT from most intelligent, playable creatures to prevent the sparring bug where they get tired and never recover.

cesarjunior233

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: June 08, 2020, 06:06:33 pm »

Hey ZM5, just a question. When DF launch on Steam and get their tileset, there will be a effort for sprites of your races? I know that it is a LOTTA of races, but still?

cesarjunior233

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: June 08, 2020, 06:21:26 pm »

Also, a unrelated question. It is possible to tame wild animals in Adventure Mode? And, it is possible to mount undead animals as a necromancer/castes that are able to raise undead

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #374 on: June 09, 2020, 01:00:21 am »

Hey ZM5, just a question. When DF launch on Steam and get their tileset, there will be a effort for sprites of your races? I know that it is a LOTTA of races, but still?
Nah, I don't have the artistic skill for that.

Also, a unrelated question. It is possible to tame wild animals in Adventure Mode? And, it is possible to mount undead animals as a necromancer/castes that are able to raise undead
Wild animals, no. You can claim strays in civilized sites though, think you use g or h for it. I think reanimated mounts can still be mounted but I don't remember.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27