Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 57

Author Topic: Pocket games thread  (Read 115206 times)

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pocket games thread
« Reply #600 on: March 26, 2019, 01:16:34 pm »

There's a mobile ripoff of StS with some additions, though the name escapes me. (I think I have a post about it like six months ago.) I ordinarily wouldn't say it's a rip from StS, but literally half the combats were basically reskins, down to the numbers, durations, and mechanics. And I got banned for hacking after my first play session, probably because I was traveling. Edit: Wandering Night

And the theme is little red riding hood! I assume Night of the Full Moon came first? Anyway, it doesn't show up on the appstore.

Yeah, between the two, NotFM came out first by a longshot; I think it was in the beta section when I tried it in 11/2018 but it seems to have disappeared since.

if you're opening up to PC, you may want to take a look at Blood Card which is in the same genre with a major twist: The cards in your deck are your life. Healing means you pull cards out of the discard pile, taking damage means you move them from draw to discard. Not as much balance and polish as StS though.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

tnc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: March 27, 2019, 08:48:51 am »

Thanks, I’ll check Blood Card too.

For anyone that is interested in card roguelike games, I just started playing Dream Quest and I definitely recommend it.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 09:58:13 am by tnc »

amjh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: March 30, 2019, 02:17:39 pm »

I was playing Pathfinder Adventures.
Encountered "Shopkeeper's daughter".(Wisdom save or lose turn.)
Looked through my cards for anything that would help.
Cleric used "Find traps".(+2 dice against any barrier.)

???
The truly amazing thing for me here is that a 6 page thread can be created of exceedingly high quality, simply because a group of manic depressive, schizophrenic midgets were able to milk a cow.
Argblarg 5 am not all tiles are done what the

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: March 30, 2019, 05:08:28 pm »

Moving like a priest caught inside a brothel, I guess.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Eek-A-Mouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: April 05, 2019, 01:01:36 am »

I've just begun playing Wyvern, a reboot of a 2001 graphical mud/mmorpg. Plenty of races and builds which seem to be unique from each other. Pixies can fly, vampires have drain life and can turn into bats but can die in sunlight, Nagas can shapeshift, etc. Quests are boring, but iirc can be circumvented, and combat + character development is pretty fun.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: May 06, 2019, 09:37:33 am »

Picked up another gacha Pokemon clone - Evertale. Remember Pokemon: Conquest? That isometric strategy game involving people and pokemon? I've never played it but I'm going to say this is sort of reminiscent of that.

You've got your dude. He's Generic Anime Protagonist Man who is More Than He Seems. You beat up wildlife with your sword and then capture them in crystals. Once you acquire a new thing, you can add it to your team. You can field four things at once in any combination of people + mons. You also have four backups - if a frontline mon faints, it gets replaced with the next waiting creature. You can also set up ten separate teams you can swap between when it suits. You can equip your team with arms and armor to make them more effective. These don't necessarily make much sense - my stereotypical Digimon starter cool dragon wields an axe. I've got a bee with a spear. And a lightning deer with a hammer. If I find/buy a certain type of sword soon, it's going to my limbless plant bulb thing. None of this is animated so use your imagination.

I mentioned gacha. The meta currency is soul stones. They can be used to "summon" mons, people, and weapons. You can increase your inventory with a small handful. And you can buy them with real-world currency or get them via daily reward. I'm right after the intro at the moment so there may be other methods as well.

Unlike most games, there are two daily bonuses - what I'm calling the "new player" track and another that seemingly everyone gets. This last one changes at the start of a new month.

$.99. It's cheap enough and the microtransactions seem to not be super important that I'm basically fine with it. I'm thinking that the game having some price tag associated with it might be enough of an incentive for the devs to not go full exploitation mode.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 09:40:18 am by Mephisto »

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: May 07, 2019, 04:45:14 pm »

Anyone here still playing Lord of Dungeons?

If so, do you happen to have any ideas on how to get through the Rift's Fragment event - specifically the level with four gold-level healers backing a gold-level shield knight? I was able to get through the previous level (which featured three healers backing a shield knight and an adventurer) by going full-on archers, as they were able to keep the other team out of attack range and slowly whittled down their HP. It's not working here - the healers are so buff that I can't damage them fast enough to inflict lasting damage, and even though they can't hurt me, they've got a higher HP total than I do, so when time runs out I lose.

I'm hoping the answer isn't that I need fantasy-level heroes to bust through. I've gotten this far with just two mythic-level heroes supported by immortals. I'd love to turn the immortals into more mythics, but given the costs, that seems unlikely.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: May 08, 2019, 10:16:36 pm »

I've just begun playing Wyvern, a reboot of a 2001 graphical mud/mmorpg. Plenty of races and builds which seem to be unique from each other. Pixies can fly, vampires have drain life and can turn into bats but can die in sunlight, Nagas can shapeshift, etc. Quests are boring, but iirc can be circumvented, and combat + character development is pretty fun.
I'mma give this a shot.

For my part, I've been playing a bunch of good li'l mobile games lately.
PuBG, The Muscle Hustle, Badland Brawl, Shopkeeper Quest, C.A.T.S., Battle Legion and most recently LOLKart.
I've been meaning to do a more detailed post about some of my favourites, but y'know, I'm lazy.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: May 11, 2019, 05:33:21 pm »

https://sinoalice.nexon.com/sub-launch/en-reservation

SINoALICE, an upcoming game from the creator of Nier:Automata and co-published between Squeenix and Nexon, is now accepting pre-registration.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #609 on: May 11, 2019, 10:24:01 pm »

TBH the gameplay doesn't look terribly exciting, but maybe the story will make up for it?

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: May 13, 2019, 01:42:33 pm »

SINoALICE, an upcoming game from the creator of Nier:Automata and co-published between Squeenix and Nexon, is now accepting pre-registration.
Nexon isn't a name that inspires confidence, regardless of the other names listed there.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: May 13, 2019, 03:02:18 pm »

Nexon isn't a name that inspires confidence, regardless of the other names listed there.

Square Enix's micropay games aren't exactly a winner as far as I'm concerned either; most of them are largely the same as other things already on the market (albeit often with a tad more polish and flair) with more hostile micropay at higher end play.

The Reddit page that I came across when searching for what the gameplay actually wasn't much better: The top posts were mostly people complaining about people asking how the game was, and recommendations that you reroll your starting stuff until you end up with a pair of SS-tier stuff for classes you want since they're objectively superior over stuff upgraded to SS. (Never a good sign...)

Still, may as well give it a shot; you never know what turns out gripping!
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: May 14, 2019, 10:47:09 am »

Square Enix's micropay games aren't exactly a winner as far as I'm concerned either; most of them are largely the same as other things already on the market (albeit often with a tad more polish and flair) with more hostile micropay at higher end play.

That's overly generous, unless I've missed something lately. I was surprised that combining 2 companies (Square and Enix) who did similar things so well created one company who now did them badly.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: May 20, 2019, 09:00:58 pm »

I've been playing a whole bunch of different shit, bouncing from game to game in a neverending quest through the Play store for the next fun time.
I think I have a mobile gaming addiction, the lamest kind of gaming addiction. :P

Are there any decent Planetside-esque games on mobile? Failing that, any good beat-'em-ups? I was shocked by the lack of that sorta thing, honestly.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: June 17, 2019, 01:52:29 am »

Well, this is a thing. With an advertising campaign.

Destiny Child
Standard, you are an anime no-hoper trope, and you are entered into a contest, to take the throne of hell. Wait, is that a trope? Yes waifu, yes it is.

But it does have guest appearences from DoA characters, and Honokai Impact 3 as well, so legit as fuck on anime waifuishness.

https://youtu.be/G72Gb9dGejg

(it now takes up 1.83gig on my phone, and took longer to d/l than it did to cook an old skool spaghetti bolognaise, so you know there's good physics everywhere in this game. Sorry, plot. I meant plot)

(strangely enough, from a quality-of-production level, it does have reasonable coding. I could immediately jump back in after shutting the program down to the exact point of tutorial that I exited from. From the video above. Mostly this kind of game is "irky", and I can't say that there's nothing in it that I won't heavily avoid, but this seems to be a proper big-budget mobile anime thingy. Yes, with all the horrible that can entail, but an actual "proper" one)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 02:26:44 am by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 57