Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 57

Author Topic: Pocket games thread  (Read 113936 times)

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
Re: Pocket games thread
« Reply #615 on: June 17, 2019, 02:31:45 am »

I've been playing Destiny Child for a couple months now. Gameplay consists of a modest amount of team constructing, followed by lots of auto-play to farm resources and complete dailies and events. Certainly not the most engaging experience, but I keep playing just to expand my harem of jiggle waifus.

https://lokicoder.github.io/destiny-child-tools/live2d/viewer.html?mN=c345_02&size=750
https://lokicoder.github.io/destiny-child-tools/live2d/viewer.html?mN=c285_02&size=750
https://lokicoder.github.io/destiny-child-tools/live2d/viewer.html?mN=c049_10&size=750
« Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 03:03:23 am by Folly »

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: June 17, 2019, 02:39:30 am »

Exactly. Less engaging than chaturbate, but cheaper too.

Wait,, what?

It's really not my sort of game, but they went all out on this one. If I'm going to have an anime harem pseudo-timing-clicker game on my phone, yep. This is the one I'll have :)

It's f'ing annoying that the waifu's are called Child (honestly, really fucking bad job there japan/china), but there's so much jiggle-physics that you know there's not that kind of crap. Gacha waifu anime simulator, not that.

It's anime stuff. But not "and now I'm in jail" anime.
Hopefully this continues....
« Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 03:07:42 am by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: June 17, 2019, 03:40:16 am »

Well, just got 5-star Kasumi and Marie Rose as my second bunch of 10 potential DoA summons. My job here is done. I mean, just started. But yeah.

In theory "two 1% drops from 20 gachas", but realistically, I think they're auto'd on this current tranche of players. Because, "whether you like physics or not, you're covered. And may or may not pay for more of either".

1/10,000 Free-to-play winner! :)

Ayumi (yep, that's her)
https://youtu.be/2l4zWzAoGNY

Marie Rose (thank god it's tastefully done)
https://youtu.be/JaSy1aZYQBM

Oh, hey, there's an Ayumi storyline! Only kidding. It's just poking fun at totally legit ninja-beach-volleyball-substitution skills in use.
https://youtu.be/ZsbtAjDVatQ

To put it into context, here's an actual gameplay video of a lvl1 or 2 boss (I'm doing it on auto, because):
https://youtu.be/alM6Ln99VJE
Like I said, plot. Lots of. You are the evil demon your are, etc, etc....
« Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 05:50:51 am by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: June 17, 2019, 06:27:41 am »

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: June 17, 2019, 10:10:57 am »

Strangely enough, the background imagery of the cutscenes are in .DCP format (digital cinema projection) and are easily opened by ES File Manager's built-in image viewer. The character art itself seems to be in .PCK format, which tends to be Godot's usual file format, and can be opened by something like Dragon UnPACKer on PC (even if you have to use the hyper ripper bit of it). Havent tried it out, but I would like to know just how they did some of them physics, for research, etc.
It's a game. Have fun.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: June 19, 2019, 11:10:09 pm »

Got Honoka at stage 4 of the current summon thingy, so I tend to think it's auto'd. All three 5-stars, no effort, DoA thingy done.

A few thingies, just for volleyball:

https://youtu.be/oS_23e0Nr2Y
It's a game. Have fun.

tnc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: June 20, 2019, 04:09:25 pm »

I'm looking for a multiplayer board game with async online. The one i'm considering is Through the Ages. Does anyone have any experience with it or other recommendations?

edit: Also Twilight Struggle, Agricola and Le Havre.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2019, 04:59:14 am by tnc »

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: June 22, 2019, 05:54:15 am »

It's anime stuff. But not "and now I'm in jail" anime.
Hopefully this continues....

You can tell it's Korean however and not Japanese. They draw it differently.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: June 22, 2019, 04:57:37 pm »

I'm looking for a multiplayer board game with async online. The one i'm considering is Through the Ages. Does anyone have any experience with it or other recommendations?

edit: Also Twilight Struggle, Agricola and Le Havre.

Through the Ages is great, it is my personal favourite digital board game. It has a lot of solo content in the form of challenges if you wanted to play offline as well.

A couple of other asyncronous games I'd recommend looking into are Lords of Waterdeep and Castles of Burgundy.

tnc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: June 22, 2019, 05:42:11 pm »

Through the Ages is great, it is my personal favourite digital board game. It has a lot of solo content in the form of challenges if you wanted to play offline as well.

A couple of other asyncronous games I'd recommend looking into are Lords of Waterdeep and Castles of Burgundy.

I bought Through the Ages, spent the whole day playing it. Quite an awesome game really. I'll check the other ones as well, thank you.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: July 07, 2019, 04:51:11 pm »

Dungeon Tales: A very transparent Slay the Spire rip that offers pretty much nothing new, but at least it's free (unlike Lophis), and that other one mentioned a few months back that requires online. But it really can't be recommended unless you're looking for something else on your phone and you don't have much else to do. (See also: Stuck at airports for 20 hours.)

Update, now that I'm not sleep deprived and a rolling blob on airport seating: It's not a 1:1 copy of StS, but it gets pretty close, with a lot of encounters proceeding near identically. Except it lacks a ton of the elements that StS has to make it somewhat more reasonable-- like how every path is guaranteed 2 chests, etc. No such luck here. A lot of artifacts, powers, etc. are the same. Numbers are largely rebalanced around a base of 5 energy a turn. Only one class. At this point, I'd say that it's worth a prod if you really like StS, want it mobile, and don't want to touch far superior alternatives (I'll shut up about my love for NotFM here.) that actually bring something new to the table. It COULD go somewhere interesting in the future, but... not yet.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2019, 10:22:00 pm by Aoi »
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: July 10, 2019, 10:56:10 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

SINoALICE has a confirmed global release date of July 18th!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: July 15, 2019, 08:36:12 am »

So... are there no real mobile colony sims?! Or am I just using the wrong search words in the Play store? I'd be alright with the most abysmal DF clone, really, just anything in the same genre I can play on my phone.

Seems bizarre that there are no such games available for Android...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: July 16, 2019, 01:47:11 am »

There's Galimulator, but that's more... watch abstract galactic civilizations rise and fall. Mostly fall.

For anybody playing DotA Underlords (which is also available on desktop, but oh well), what builds are people having luck with? I tend to dominate up to L7/8 but immediately get crunched after. The only wins I've managed to clock so far are with a Troll/Knight team, but that gets shredded by anybody running Savage/Druid summoners. Of which there seem to be a lot.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 01:51:37 am by Aoi »
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: July 16, 2019, 09:42:18 am »

So I've been playing Transfromers: Earth Wars close to a month now suprisingly enough. It's basically a clash of clans clone but with transformers gacha used to build your raiding teams. As usually you can spend obscene cash to roflstomp but it's not really needed, I've been casually playing and have been attacked like, twice so far, not sure what's with that. Also suprisingly no ad spam, so there's that.

Either way, collecting bots is suprisingly fun, not sure how long it'll hold me but eh, it's worked so far.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 57