Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1340 1341 [1342]

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1465692 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée
« Reply #20115 on: June 25, 2016, 06:36:39 pm »

Seriously....CHILL.

LITERALLY all you have done here is personal attacks.  This was a conversation about an item on a party platform.  You have not posted a single word about the actual discussion.
I'm sorry, I didn't realize "conversations" start by you accusing the other party of being a "victimized Bernie fan". You must be a hit at the DC cocktail parties.

And yes, I did try to steer this toward substantive actual conversation by pointing out that I can't even find confirmation if the $15 proposal was shot down or not. Hard to discuss if you don't have clear facts as to what actually happened.

For my part, I agree with Keith Ellison that $15 is still well below what minimum wage equivalent would be if indexed to 1968. And I think any proposal, whether $12 or $15, should index to inflation to provide an automatic mechanism to keep wages on pace, otherwise it's just a temporary stopgap. I can appreciate the argument that $15 in Mississippi is not the same as $15 in San Diego, but that argument seems to suggest that the impoverished, shitty parts of the country are cool with just remaining impoverished, shitty parts of the country. Wage growth is only for urbanites.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Re: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée
« Reply #20116 on: June 25, 2016, 06:43:57 pm »

Redking, what is the purpose of these posts other then to antagonize?  Seriously, you keep calling me thin skinned.  What are you aiming to accomplish other then to be hostile and unwelcoming?

Because I can tell you the aim of my statement.  After post number five hundred and thirty three which used an imcomplete picture to repeat a tired narrative of the democratic party as corporate sellouts I felt like referencing that this keeps happening.  It was a page after someone accused Bill Clinton of election tampering.  The first reply to it was this:

Seeing some buzz that the DNC platform committee voted to reject the $15 minimum wage?

Don't be fooled, the Democrats are the most conservative legitimate political party in the USA.

It feels to me that you feel that anyone who doesn't think the democratic party is corporate sellouts is taking an attitude of hostility to you.  That is not my intention.  My intention is to point out a pattern.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.
Pages: 1 ... 1340 1341 [1342]