Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Dwarf Portrait  (Read 70868 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Portrait
« Reply #75 on: September 27, 2016, 01:18:46 pm »

It actually doesn't currently know which parts have stance on them, to be honest.

It just goes by part type names, like ARM, LEG, etc.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 27, 2016, 11:40:55 pm »

New release!

https://github.com/JapaMala/Dwarf-Portrait/releases/tag/v2.1.0

Now you can save images directly, and show multiple units side by side.

Nagidal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My gaming channel
« Reply #77 on: September 28, 2016, 01:11:06 am »

Ask and you shall receive.

Good but are you making sure that you don't display twice as voluminous creatures twice as high? If for example we assume that creatures are a cuboid with side lengths of 1, 1, and 2, then a twice as voluminous cuboid of the same side ratio will have side lengths of approximately 1.26, 1.26, and 2.52.

So if a creature has height 1, the twice as voluminous creature would be displayed as approximately 1.26 high.
I stream most of my DF sessions: gaming.youtube/nagidal146, they are archived on my youtube channel. (Dwarf Fortress Tutorials)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 28, 2016, 01:18:23 am »

Yes, I am making sure of that. I use the cube root of the volume to decide the relative lengths.

Also, with the exception of wings, everything square is a cylinder with the right volume, and everything oval is a slightly squashed sphere, again with the right volume.

Nagidal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My gaming channel
« Reply #79 on: September 28, 2016, 01:55:54 am »

Yes, I am making sure of that. I use the cube root of the volume to decide the relative lengths.

Also, with the exception of wings, everything square is a cylinder with the right volume, and everything oval is a slightly squashed sphere, again with the right volume.

Excellent. Thumbs up.
I stream most of my DF sessions: gaming.youtube/nagidal146, they are archived on my youtube channel. (Dwarf Fortress Tutorials)

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 07, 2016, 02:24:12 am »

Two questions:

1. How fast does it generate an image for a creature?
2. Are you planning on adding features for wounds? Just, for example, color coding them like how they are in the game or something?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 07, 2016, 03:08:12 am »

1: pretty fast. Try it out.

2: Yeah, wounds are planned.

vite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 09, 2016, 03:54:43 pm »

The App could be used in Armok Vision so that whenever you click on the sprite of dwarf, small window will appear with generated layers/armors/scars/scratches for that dwarf where you can check his health status. Lets say the dwarf lost left arm, so when you click on it, the portrait won't generate Layers(BONE/FAT/MUSCLE/SKIN) for that specific arm. If the dwarf lost skin on the leg(Don't know if it is possible, never played DF to be honest, I am waiting for Masterwork tileset), then just show Layers(BONE, FAT, MUSCLE). If there is scar on its BODY_UPPER, it applies SCAR bitmap on SKIN Layout of BODY_UPPER.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

easykiln

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 09, 2016, 04:04:49 pm »

This is cool, although it's pretty uncanny valley rn.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 27, 2016, 02:18:35 am »

Is it possible to alter the program so that it can be run without a game being loaded. By just selecting a raw folder for instance? Also, is it possible to save an image of each race and caste combo in one go?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 27, 2016, 02:34:02 am »

Is it possible to alter the program so that it can be run without a game being loaded. By just selecting a raw folder for instance?
It's theoretically possible, but it would require replicating all the raw parsing logic from the game, which is more trouble than it's worth.
If you just want to view the creatures from a set of raws without bothering to generate a new world, you can use the arena mode.
Also, is it possible to save an image of each race and caste combo in one go?
Yes. Just use shift of control to select more than one race/caste at once, and they will be shown side-by-side.

jaked122

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Lurker tendancies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 08, 2017, 09:04:51 pm »

Huh, so you're using WPF?

I would have bet money on just the winforms GDI+ interface.

[/size]WPF doesn't have a triangle shape inbuilt. Only ellipses and rectangles.

In any case, I'm not sure you're aware of the polygon class which covers triangles and most of the other sorts of polygons that you might need.
If that's not enough then you might use the path class, which is a bit more complex, but lets you do most of the magic which the SVG path element allows for(which includes things like this or this), but it also looks like you ought to be able to make it display an image underneath it's bounds, which is probably useful for this application.
I'd really recommend using both polygon and path, as they're fairly important and the math you might have to write to use it properly will most likely continue to be useful as you add features.
Besides, if you were to chose to move to the path class, then I think it would simplify distorting them to actually resemble the bodyparts they represent.
Anyway, I hope that I'm not coming off as an ass in telling you about this stuff, or that I'm bringing up things you don't use for good reason.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 08, 2017, 10:21:42 pm »

No, these are stuff id have to use eventually, it's just a lot easier to draw a stretched circle or rectangle than to define a custom shape for something.

jaked122

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Lurker tendancies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 09, 2017, 05:13:45 pm »

No, these are stuff id have to use eventually, it's just a lot easier to draw a stretched circle or rectangle than to define a custom shape for something.

That's fair enough.
I've been continually impressed with your work for quite some time, between this and your fortress visualizer, you've done some very impressive work.

In any case, I look on with envy as I can't use your tool, being on linux.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 09, 2017, 05:43:19 pm »

Port it?

:)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8