Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Clasps of Fealty Civ (multi-fort world)[43.03]  (Read 1069 times)

MobRules

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Clasps of Fealty Civ (multi-fort world)[43.03]
« on: September 13, 2016, 09:51:49 pm »

I want to build multiple forts within the same civilization, having each specialize in different things. While I'm happy to dorf people, for the fortress-building part, I'm going to be a control freak and not make it succession.

HOWEVER, I think it would be neat if in-between forts (after I stop working on one, before I start on another), someone else takes the save to adventure in for a year (or whatever timeframe makes sense in adventure mode. As a fortress mode player, I think in terms of years), then return it. Then we can have the deeds of one adventurer turning up in engravings and such for later adventurers to find.

Adventurers

Adventurer's could go wherever and do whatever, as long as you don't intentionally try to destroy my civ or rob me blind (outfiting yourself in masterwork armor from one of my armories = fine. Stealing ALL the armor = not fine). It's OK if one or two artifacts go missing and turn up elsewhere, but not all of them, etc.

Anything you accept an NPC quest for is fair game, even if it would normally be problematic.

The idea is that I will work on one specialized fort for five years, then give the save to an adventurer for a year. Then I'll work on another fort for five years, and give the save to a different adventurer for a year, and so on.

The Specialized Forts

Subject to inevitable change as the project progresses, the current planned group of fortress is:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The World
I haven't explored Legends yet, but here's a world map:

Notable features: A collection of dwarven ruins in the north. In the east, there's a necromancer tower at the southern tip of a good-aligned swamp, close to a large human settlement
. In the south-east is an elven enclave completely surrounded by an evil biome.

The Thread

I'll post info about the forts I'm working on, and other info about the world from legends. Adventurers will post what they did & discovered durig their runs. Anyone else is welcome to participate, request dorfings, request adventurer turns, etc.

I'll add an index once the thread gets longer.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 06:32:09 am by MobRules »
Ninja dragons! Protect the masterwork roasts!
Is this biome reanimating? I really don't want to know what happens when "absurd numbers of megabeasts" is combined with "reanimating biomes".

MobRules

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventurers wanted for multi-fort world.
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2016, 09:53:45 pm »

(reserved)
Is this biome reanimating? I really don't want to know what happens when "absurd numbers of megabeasts" is combined with "reanimating biomes".

MobRules

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventurers wanted for multi-fort world.
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2016, 10:25:14 pm »

Journal of Led Helmblazed, Queen of The Clasps of Fealty

15 Granite, 250

Our mountain grows increasingly crowded, hemmed in by the evil Slim Hills to the south and the east, and by the Cerulean Ocean to the north and the west. There are mountains north of the sea that we could expand to. I am sending an initial mission to create a Hilloc in one of the less hostile parts of the region (which is largely overrun by Goblin pits), to be a source of provisions as we settle the more hostile areas.

There is another mountain just off of the northern edge of this map, and one off of the north-west edge as well. Our new provisioning-Hilloc will be in the northwest, on some shrublands that rise above the marshes.

We have sent seven volunteers. They are a mostly anti-social bunch, but that is to be expected when volunteering to set up a remote outpost.

I have sent:

The expidtition is lead by the young macedwarf, Meng Undiltaguz. Though he can be a bit brash and greedy at times, he can handle stress and values harmony as well as martial skill. He will be in charge of mining, defence, and trade.

Feb Ralasol is a curmudgeonly loner who voluneteered to join the mission as a farmer.

The mechanic Domas Uthiroddom joined the mission to do the stonework. She has self-esteem issues and doesn't always handle stress well, but she is very honest (sometimes brutally so), reads people well, and I think she has potential. I hope this expedition will help her build more confidence.

Inod Zefones joined the mission as cook, brewer, butcher, and tanner. He's a tough fellow, if a bit clumsy and slow, but introspective and passionate. He is a loner prone to flights of fancy, but can handle stress and is economical with resources.

Kubuk Risenidrath will be doing wood-cutting and herb-gathering. Frankly, she's the member of the expidition that I trust the least. She sees becoming one of the founders of a new outpost as a way to get ahead.

Kogan Shemingiz will be their carpenter. He is a loner who often lacks willpower, but values good craftdwarfship, is slow to tire, and respects the law. He is very independant-minded, grounded in reality, and doesn't anger easily.

Mistem Ilirtosid is going along to help out in whatever way she can, doing odd jobs, hauling goods, and working on construction. She may not have any particular skills, but she is strong, slow to tire, and grounded in reality. A loner, but not at all introspective, she seems to be to value beauty more than she likes to admit.

May Thol the Dreamy Knot of Hate smile on this endeavor.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
Re: Adventurers wanted for multi-fort world. [43.03]
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2016, 12:51:43 pm »

- Will Meng take up pick in defence or fortress, set up deathtraps or use another weapon?

- Kubuk will be first line of defence.

- Huh, a peasant. Unusual.

MobRules

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2016, 04:00:06 pm »

- Will Meng take up pick in defence or fortress, set up deathtraps or use another weapon?

- Kubuk will be first line of defence.

- Huh, a peasant. Unusual.
1. Meng will return to wielding a mace as soon as migrants arrive to relieve him from mining duty. (Darn miner/militia issue :p ). Or possibly before then, if Mistem has time to do the mining. In addition, Domas will be setting up traps.
2. Yup.
3. Someone has to do the grunt work :). She'll eventually specialize into a trade.

Digging around in Legends, I have found some interesting info about the civilization and it's royal line which may make for !FUN! at some point in the future.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 04:20:30 pm by MobRules »

MobRules

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2016, 06:31:37 am »

Journal of Meng Udiltaguz 15 Granite

It was raining when the rest of The Godly Hames and myself arrived at the future site of Eanduessel/Bandvessle.

Still, we quickly set up a temporary shelter

and began constructing a perimiter and a roofed pasture

Journal of Meng Udiltaguz  15 Hemetite.

Three new migrants arrived today and.... LOOK OUT! Giant Keas! Everybody start hauling the rest of the stuff in from the wagon NOW!

Journal of Meng Udiltaguz  23 Hematite

We've finished moving everything from the wagon indoors. The three new migrants are the married couple Domas Ussandishmab and Kivesh Idennolil and the farmer/philosopher Mafol Koshathel.

Journal of Feb Ralasol, 1 Limestone

I'm beginning to regret volenteering to being one of the founders of this expidition. It's already autumn, and we still have only ONE bed, ONE chair, and ONE table built (Overseer says that this was due to a "mixup with instructions for the carpenter". Whatevs.) And NO mugs (seriously, what gives?). No Tavern. and no Library. and no Temple. Apparently, the Overseer was focused on "other things", and this will be remedied shortly. I'll believe it when I see it.

Journal of Meng Udiltaguz  15 Limestone.
The caravan arrived today. Rather unexiting trade: we gave them a couple barrels of prepared meals, a few dolomite mechanisms, and a couple of spiked wooden balls, in exchange for some booze and some "emergancy" supplies in case of Moods.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 06:33:21 am by MobRules »