Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vadane Flamespike's Roaring Rampage  (Read 831 times)

Uristocratic Clockey

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Vadane Flamespike's Roaring Rampage
« on: June 23, 2016, 02:17:41 pm »

Recently, I tried out adventure mode in attempt to actually understand it. What I got was a character who only didn't live past the year they started, but somehow managed to slaughter some one-hundred-eighteen people. This is the story of Vadane Acathieyi Wumaya (Vadane Flamespike the Flame of Immorality).

"The Windy Universes" was only seven years into the Age of Myth, and life was mostly peaceful (barring the thousands of people who died from various titans, megabeasts, and similar hellspawn). Then, what stepped out of the woods was the soon-to-be serial-murderer.

An elvish warrior, who was known for her disdain of most things; mainly law, tradition, and nature; a string of hatred that would not sit well with other Elves. Vadane was also known for her wrestling and fighting skills.

Vadane was soon to "escape" her Elven retreat and enter a nearby Human settlement named Winterleaves. From there she honed her wrestling and axe-wielding skills on small, stray animals. She soon returned to the Elven woods, where she began an anti-elf campaign, slaughtering anything tall, beautiful, and tolerant of nature. During this time she also began collecting elven bodies and lining a nearby river with their beautifully mangled cadavers.

After the slaughter of many elves, including their queen, Vadane returned to Winterleaves to find and slaughter the lord of the land. She did just that, locating the unprotected lord and strangling her in her sleep, along with her law-giver. She claimed the town and soon began an attack on the nearby hamlets, with the assistance of a Hammerdwarf named Mebzuth and a human warrior named Ngilsho. During the campaign against the hamlets, a special situation occurred where Vadane dismembered a man with her axe, and then she beat his child to death with his father's disembodied arm.

Vadane continued, basically entering any visible settlements (Camps, Fortresses, etc.), annihilating all living creatures within, and claiming the settlement as hers and hers alone. This trend was only ignored once when she killed a Dwarven queen and claimed a substantially large fortress for herself. She continued, with her sidekicks willing exterminate anything and anyone. After weeks of endless slaughter and a frightening one-hundred on her kill-list, Vadane returned yet again to Winterleaves, to finish what she began.

After slaughtering men and women of Winterleaves, however, Mebzuth and Ngilsho showed doubt once they realized their home was endangered. Vadane's attempts to converse with them were then prefaces with them spitting at her. Vadane willfully ignored this and continued her campaign into a densely-populated depot, where she mangled many humans. Mebzuth, however, ceased servitude and quickly offed Vadane, ending her life within the very spring the adventure started in.

So, in case you didn't read all that, I'll summarize. Vadane gets an axe, some armor, and ownership of a small town in the middle of nowhere and begins slaughtering innocents with the help of a human and a hammerdwarf. She killed, pillaged, and once tried to eat cooked kobold meat. She died at the hands of her assistant no more than a month or so after all of it started.

And the best part? No one will ever care.

The end.

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vadane Flamespike's Roaring Rampage
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2016, 08:51:02 pm »

That's funny, I had about the exact same idea for an Elf Adventurer. However, killing defenseless innocents got boring really fast, so I instead went for convicing all elves that nature is worthless and killing some beasts. I did kill some lords and reclaim some hamlets, however. I recruited a drunk dwarf woman and trained her all up to Axe Lord by using training weapons I crafted, and then an elf woman and gave her a bow and arrows.

Uristocratic Clockey

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Vadane Flamespike's Roaring Rampage
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2016, 11:09:02 am »

That's funny, I had about the exact same idea for an Elf Adventurer. However, killing defenseless innocents got boring really fast, so I instead went for convicing all elves that nature is worthless and killing some beasts. I did kill some lords and reclaim some hamlets, however. I recruited a drunk dwarf woman and trained her all up to Axe Lord by using training weapons I crafted, and then an elf woman and gave her a bow and arrows.

Yeah, the slaughter of innocents did get boring quickly for me, too. It didn't help that I easily dispatched most enemies by simply strangling them to unconciousness and beheading them. The only way I found to alleviate that and stay safe was to slowly chop off limbs, hands, or likewise useless appendages (it's not like they'll be needing them). I wish I could've learned how to properly make bone artifacts to make my slaughter more ornate. I did however once try to write a poem after a successful camp raiding. It was only mediocre, but apparently Vadane totally illiterate. A for effort?