Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Modifying skill learning rates  (Read 2646 times)

friendo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Modifying skill learning rates
« on: June 28, 2016, 01:30:33 pm »

Wanted to see if it would be possible to learn how to modify the learning rates for Guild members to actually make it a bit slower for them to level, yet still have advantage over vanilla characters? Sorry if this isn't the place, just haven't been able to find elsewhere. Love the game, just not very good at adapting things outside of the UI. Still playing humans in the old version as well.

Thanks!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Modifying skill learning rates
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2016, 02:48:37 pm »

Sure. Check creature_civ_dwarf.txt and check for SKILL_LEARN_RATE. The guilds have it at 200%, you can pick any number you like.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

friendo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2016, 06:45:12 pm »

Sounds good......i checked the folder, is this what I need to be reducing? (i've been dropping them to 120 for a trial run), this is all I could find regarding skill rate for the various castes:

[CASTE_PROFESSION_NAME:STANDARD:*Masons-Guild Member*:*Masons-Guild Members*]   
  [SKILL_RATE:MINING:120:0:0:0]           
[SKILL_RATE:DESIGNBUILDING:120:0:0:0]       
 [SKILL_RATE:MASONRY:200:0:0:0]         
 [SKILL_RATE:STONECRAFT:200:0:0:0]         
[SKILL_RATE:DETAILSTONE:200:0:0:0]   
[SKILL_RATE:MILLING:200:0:0:0]

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2016, 10:35:24 pm »

SKILL_LEARN_RATE.

If you have a search that supports regex, SKILL.*?RATE will fit all variations on that.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2016, 05:03:39 am »

SKILL_LEARN_RATE.

If you have a search that supports regex, SKILL.*?RATE will fit all variations on that.
Nah, SKILL_RATE is the one he is looking for. its 200 0 0 0, which means they learn twice as fast and never get rusty in those skills. Skill learn rate would not have the rusty/decay of skills.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2016, 05:05:58 am »

Oh, the way you mentioned SKILL_LEARN_RATE specifically earlier suggested that's what you were using lol

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2016, 05:16:27 am »

Oh, the way you mentioned SKILL_LEARN_RATE specifically earlier suggested that's what you were using lol
Yes, my mistake. ^^ Its been a while since I wrote those.